wanting to rent in spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
07 Sep 2010 12:00 AM by mumof4 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

hi all im new to this has anyone rented property before they bought it and was it straight forward and what do you need ie documents to rent in spain, my husband and i have been looking to move to spain with our 4 kids but want to rent for a year or so first any feed back would be very gratefull thanks tracey.

Like 0      
07 Sep 2010 8:09 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Hi Tracey

Lucky for you there are loads of places to rent anywhere in Spain at the moment.

Some landlords will ask if you are working, but not all.  You don't need any specific documents.  You generally pay the first month's rent up front, a security deposit to the value of a month's rental and sometimes, the last month's rent, as many people never normally pay the last month!

Most rental contracts are for 11 months which you can then renew.

Regarding your kids, you will need to get empadronado so that they can go to school here, unless you put them in international school.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
08 Sep 2010 9:19 AM by Valentinaradu Star rating. 71 posts Send private message

Hi mumof4. It was not long ago that we moved to Spain. We rented an apartment from the internet for 2 months, until we could actually be here and have a look at all the areas and decide where we want to live.

We ended up staying in the same village, Manilva, where we were renting the 1st apartment, we got our NIEs with the Estepona Police, we got our padron, we had Spanish bank accounts, got medical private insurance and registered autónomo (that covers us for National Health Insurance/ Pension) and I could run my business and for renting a flat we signed an 11 months contract, with a local agency, and paid 1 month warranty, 1 month in advance (for the last month of the contract) and the 3 months in advance, but that was our choice. Usually you pay the actual month of signing. The agent was great! I would definetly recomend them.

Also, if you rent only for a couple of months it gives you the change to see where you want to live, what area, in case you have not decided yet.

I hope all goes well and we are here for you if you need anything.

Valentina

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

INEM - 2 posts
Recommended car hire - 0 posts
Help need an english speaking lawyer in lorca area - 5 posts
Galesa water company - 0 posts
MURCIA TO MADRID AIRPORT - 4 posts
Trustworthy property management agent in Malaga for Cerrado del Aguila wanted - 0 posts
Car Hire Excess Insurance - 8 posts
Healthcare when retired. - 3 posts
Looking for a tv repair person/company - 2 posts
Recommended driving routes through France to Mojacar - 6 posts
Canucki has joined!! - 1 posts
DOGS & BEACHES - 9 posts
Help please - Notice headed ´Cédula´received from local court. - 1 posts
LOW LOADER TRANSPORT REQ - 3 posts
Housesitting/Housekeeping/Pet sitting - 0 posts
Enjoying the food in Spain - 23 posts
i want to relist my property on EOS but.... - 4 posts
insulation and builders merchants? - 0 posts
Non Resident Tax Return - 43 posts
My town not shown on the list!!!!!!!!!!!!! - 6 posts
Is that about Bank´s liability a JOKE? - 3 posts
ZANUSSI SINGLE DOOR FRIDGE PURCHASED 1998 - 0 posts
Reputable car dealer near Vera / Mojacar - 5 posts
Valor Catastral & La Renta - 6 posts
OPEN SIGN UPS TO THE BOX - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x