Americans in spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
09 Sep 2010 12:00 AM by cdaloia Star rating in City island, bronx. 1 posts Send private message

Good morning. I recently returned from a a few week stay in our apt. In cabo cevera. I noticed that the charge card fees for charging and changing money have increased over the years. How do other Americans get the best exchange rate for their money? I have an account in a local bank to pay my bills. Thanks for any helpful advice.

Like 0      
09 Sep 2010 2:14 PM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

I only have experience of transferring money from the UK to Spain, however I assume there will be something similar in the USA.  As you have a local bank account, why not use a currency exchange company to transfer money across before you visit Spain?  The UK ones don't usually charge fees and will also ensure that your Spanish bank doesn't charge you for receiving money.  You should be able to check it out on the internet.  It's always worth registering with a couple of companies (they won't charge) and then getting the best exchange rate on the day you want to send money over.

Sue

Sue Walker

Author of "Retiring the Ole Way", now available on Amazon

See my blog about our life in Spain: www.spainuncovered.com

Like 0      
09 Sep 2010 2:43 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I use Xe.com to transfer my money from the UK to Spain, they are a Worldwide organisation. I have turned to them because a UK bank will be charging for cash withdrawals later this year. It is free to use and good rates if you send funds electronically, and I believe it is easier and quicker for U.S. customers as your banking system isn't so antiquated as ours. t takes 3 days for me now from agreeing to the sale to my funds appearing in Spain.

HTH

Mark

Like 0      
09 Sep 2010 2:52 PM by carolandrichard Star rating in West Yorkshire and P.... 93 posts Send private message

I use Moneycorp's online system. They have pretty good exchange rates (and I have compared a fair few) they charge £8.50 per trade. I have faster payments with my UK bank account so within about an hour of transferring the money from my UK account to Moneycorp I can see the foriegn payment has left, then later that day I can see it in my Spanish account. Very impressed.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Philips 32" Television with integral stand - 0 posts
6 month rental contract - 5 posts
La Manga Club - 0 posts
Villamartin area information - 2 posts
Enforcing a 10 year building guarentee ? - 17 posts
Mijas Pueblo Feria - 2 posts
Saab 93 Vector Sport - UK headlights for sale - 0 posts
2 Bikes For sale - 8 posts
No win no fee - 5 posts
wanting to rent in spain - 2 posts
INEM - 2 posts
Recommended car hire - 0 posts
Help need an english speaking lawyer in lorca area - 5 posts
Galesa water company - 0 posts
MURCIA TO MADRID AIRPORT - 4 posts
Trustworthy property management agent in Malaga for Cerrado del Aguila wanted - 0 posts
Car Hire Excess Insurance - 8 posts
Healthcare when retired. - 3 posts
Looking for a tv repair person/company - 2 posts
Recommended driving routes through France to Mojacar - 6 posts
Canucki has joined!! - 1 posts
DOGS & BEACHES - 9 posts
Help please - Notice headed ´Cédula´received from local court. - 1 posts
LOW LOADER TRANSPORT REQ - 3 posts
Housesitting/Housekeeping/Pet sitting - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x