Problem Neighbours

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
28 Aug 2010 12:00 AM by Kenny G Star rating in Calahonda. 41 posts Send private message

I'm looking for advice on what can be done about noisy neighbours.

They are tenants who arrived a couple of months ago. They are constantly noisy, but more particularly in the evenings, sometimes until 5 am. Shouting, talking loud and laughing etc. They have also started playing really loud music during the day.

The President of the community is aware of the problem and says that the administrator will write to the tenants and the owners regarding the problem.

What I need to know is how we enforce the rules of the community which clearly state that residents should behave in a reasonable manner and do not create noise after 11 pm.

It's driving me and my neighbours nuts........

Thanks

Like 0      
28 Aug 2010 11:16 AM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

If your administrator does not receive a reply within I believe 30 days of the owners receiving notice, and or the owner(s) of the property in question do nothing to stem the problem within the same time period, then your President can serve a denuncia on the tenants and have the Police evict them, have the locks changed, and pass the entire bill onto the owners.

A denuncia is a formal complaint to the local police, which must be acted upon by the local police within I believe 48 hrs of receiving the complaint.

A simpler answer might be to have your administrator draft a letter on the communities behalf stating what will happen and give it to the tenants, as that might just shake them up a bit!

This message was last edited by TechNoApe on 28/08/2010.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
28 Aug 2010 12:06 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

This is a nightmare when you get problem neighbours.

We had this problem a few weeks back.  They were a real problem but we were lucky as I explained to the owner what was going on and he did everything in his power to get them out.  And all credit to him, he managed to do it, something which often can be very difficult to achieve and sacrificing his rental income.

I did try talking to our neighbours at the time but they didn't care, I even phoned the police on a couple of occasions.

Do you know the owner of the property?  It may be worth trying to talk to the owners directly like we did.

Hope you get it sorted.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
28 Aug 2010 4:00 PM by Kenny G Star rating in Calahonda. 41 posts Send private message

Many thanks for the advice guys. Hopefully it will be sorted soon.

I think what is most annoying is that we had really bad people in the same apartment last year and we thought our troubles were over when they eventually did a moonlight.

So much for retiring to the sun for a peaceful life eh?

Thanks again.

Like 0      
31 Aug 2010 2:44 PM by Faro Star rating in London. 1139 posts Send private message

common problem with rented properties.

All you can hope is they move on sooner rather than later.

Do you know if they are long term or seasonal?

Like 0      
16 Jul 2011 2:25 PM by sjl71 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi all

I have owned property in Spanish town with maj of neighbours being Spanish and very nice to my wife and young daughter.

Over last year large expat community of owners ie 10 now down to 2 or 3 as recession hitting and problems with long term lease renters.

New neighbour arrives at present mostly at weekends and within 5 mis of arrival plats really loud music smokes copious amounts of hash (smell is so bad I have to close all the windows. Music is then enhanced by their ver loud singing and partying into early hours of morning.

I have spoken to my other neighbours and they have said it's like this every day or time they come to stay. I appreciate the Spanish are more noisier than Brits etc but my other Spanish neighbours have some respect for where we live.

We do not know if previous owners (who were Brits) sold to letting agency etc but will try to find out via residency association.

I do not want to approach them as they clearly do not care as per their behaviour and general demeanour. This was backed up by non willingness of other residents to do anything about this.

Any suggestions? I am now getting so p****** d off that I want to move elsewhere to a detached property to min risk of this behaviour even though I love the town and area we are in.

We generally visit 2-3 times per year for 2 weeks at a time bu this year have decided to stay for 6 weeks and clearly see a lot more of what is going on when we are not there. My relatives who also use the property throughout the year for 3-4 month visits are now experiencing this also.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Scott

Like 0      
17 Jul 2011 11:11 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Scott

I totally empathise with you.  We've been there and it can be a nightmare.

We also found that our other Spanish neighbours didn't want to confront the trouble neighbours in any way.  It seems the Spanish are much more tolerant than we are.

The first thing you could try is to approach the president of the community and get him to talk to them and explain that they are disturbing the community.  It may or may not help but it's worth an initial go.  If they are overly noisy after midnight then you can actually "denuncia" them to the local police, but that can lead to other problems!

Try the president route first and see how you get on.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
17 Jul 2011 11:27 AM by Kenny G Star rating in Calahonda. 41 posts Send private message

Strongly worded letters from the president/administrator to the tenants and the owners eventually worked in my situation. I think the problem tenants eventually got fed up with the "frosty" reception they got from all the neighbours. I was told that they left because of the continual complaints from neighbours.

Peace and quiet for me at the moment, hope it continues that way.

Persevere, you are in the right, inconsiderate people should be reminded regularly that there are others with the right to a quiet life.

Good luck

Like 0      
05 Apr 2017 1:03 PM by danialencar Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi All, 

I anyone aware of any neighbour disoute that is recent? I a working on a documentary about neighbour disoutes in Spain and I am looking for people who are going through these problems and perhaps wants to share their problems with us? If you you know anyone, please message me here, throuch my private message. Many Thanks, Danielle 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Im looking for a villa to rent - 4 posts
Van service needed from Rojales to Reading (UK) - 10 posts
REgistering a motor boat on to spanish matriculation - 0 posts
Income Tax Rates in Spain - 2 posts
Child at Risk. Help Needed - 17 posts
BEWARE CAR JACKING AROUND BARCELONA AUGUST 2010 - 5 posts
EOS Facebook integration in progress so things may go belly up - 2 posts
euronics los alcazares - 4 posts
Stay 'chilled out'. - 3 posts
Safety deposit box - 2 posts
Trying to avoid excess baggage - 10 posts
Long term renting - questions from a prospective tenant - 3 posts
Does anyone know any good, not too pricey, restaurants in Seville or Cordoba? - 0 posts
Buying and selling properties made EASY - 6 posts
Puente 11 Calahonda - 2 posts
polarisworld/la terrazas.legal action. - 12 posts
carrfours mobile/internet - 3 posts
Childrens Eye Tests - 1 posts
Moving to Torrevieja for Sept/Oct....:) - 4 posts
Reclam - 6 posts
Wanted - Hotel in Marbella - 15 posts
Can anyone recommend a fantastic restaurant in Barcelona - 11 posts
29th SEPTEMBER - GENERAL STRIKE? - 13 posts
reference Les Terrazes De La Torre - 1 posts
reference Les Terrazes De La Torre - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x