A Very Dangerous Virus

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 May 2010 12:00 AM by Forhotspot Star rating. 233 posts Send private message

I don't know if this is true but I thought I better pass this info from the email I received:

VIRUS  Alert!!!!! 

: FW: VIRUS COMING ! Please read details.

FYI  TO ALL.

Dave's brother is a very advanced  programmer who does computer work for a living and  has a high up status with Microsoft.  He  doesn't send these if they aren't real.   If  he  says this is for real, it for sure is.   Be  aware.

VIRUS  COMING ! 

Hi  All, 

I  checked with Norton Anti-Virus, and they are  gearing up for this  virus! 

I  checked Snopes, and it is for real. Get this  E-mail message sent around to your contacts  ASAP. 

PLEASE  FORWARD THIS WARNING AMONG FRIENDS, FAMILY AND  CONTACTS! 

You  should be alert during the next few days. Do not  open any message with an attachment entitled  'POSTCARD FROM HALLMARK,'regardless of who sent it  to you. It is a virus which opens A POSTCARD  IMAGE, which 'burns' the whole hard disc C of your  computer. 

This  virus will be received from someone who has your  e-mail address in his/her contact list. This is  the reason why you need to send this e-mail to all  your contacts. It is better to receive this  message 25 times than to receive the virus and  open it. 

If  you receive a mail called' POSTCARD,' even though  sent to you by a friend, do not open it! Shut down  your computer immediately. This is the worst virus  announced by  CNN. 

It  has been classified by Microsoft as the most  destructive virus ever. This virus was discovered  by McAfee yesterday, and there is no repair yet  for this kind of virus. This virus simply destroys  the Zero Sector of the Hard Disc, where the vital  information is  kept. 

COPY  THIS E-MAIL, AND SEND IT TO YOUR  FRIENDS. 

REMEMBER:  IF YOU SEND IT TO THEM, YOU WILL BENEFIT ALL OF  US

Like 0      
16 May 2010 11:33 AM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

16 May 2010 4:50 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

This message was last edited by morerosado on 16/05/2010.

Like 0      
17 May 2010 1:07 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Yeah!

I agree with Sanchez.

The e-mail itself is the virus, as you are prompted to send it to everyone you know!

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
17 May 2010 1:15 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Interesting info on it though, read this http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_postcard_virus.htm

Like 0      
17 May 2010 4:25 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

A little bit off topic but very relevant...

By far one of the nastiest emails is one you get from one of your regular contacts and entitled "Is this you..."

If this ever appears in your inbox, delete immediately without opening it or any attachment thereto.

I though I was pretty web-savvy but fell for this one in a moment of none-thinking...It is propagated through msn and hotmail email accounts and copies all your contacts and notes your IP address. The same email is then forwarded to all of your contacts, again copying the content of their contacts file.

The  only option if this happens to you is to change your msn or hotmail password and / or delete the account. Once the sender has your email account reference he can for instance change your password meaning that you cannot access the account or, as happened in my case, open a Facebook account using your email address...

Trying to notify Facebook to notify them of the illegal nature of the new account will get you nowhere as there is no way of contacting them....The one email address that Facebook used to have for such use and abuse is discontinued...So you are stuck with a Facebook account under your email address that you can do nothing about.

In the same way there is no way to contact msn or hotmail or microsoft to advise them of the hijacking of your email addy.

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
17 May 2010 9:17 PM by Sunrise Star rating in UK. 417 posts Send private message

Sunrise´s avatar

Haven't heard anything of this virus.

Sunrise

Blog De Sunrise

Like 0      
17 May 2010 9:17 PM by Sunrise Star rating in UK. 417 posts Send private message

Sunrise´s avatar

Haven't heard anything of this virus.

Sunrise

Blog De Sunrise

Like 0      
17 May 2010 10:32 PM by alancambs Star rating in Las Kalendas Fortuna. 134 posts Send private message

alancambs´s avatar

This fake virus has been doing the rounds for years - dont worry its not true.

This message was last edited by alancambs on 17/05/2010.

Like 0      
20 May 2010 10:15 AM by Marbella29649 Star rating in Mijas Costa, Costa d.... 58 posts Send private message

If you ever get notified about a virus then it is not true.

They are basically an electronic version of chain letters that ask you to forward it to everyone in your address book.

If anyone has any questions about Viruses or any other I.T related issue then do not hesitate in contacting me.
I have my own I.T Company.

Neil

Like 0      
20 May 2010 11:13 AM by Forhotspot Star rating. 233 posts Send private message

I post it because last year 1 of my yahoo accounts got attacked as "someone" had sent emails with a virus link to all my contacts in that account & also all my mails in the sent folder had been deleted. I then deleted all my contacts in the address folder.

Occasionally I also received emails from hallmark which I deleted them straightaway,

Like 0      
20 May 2010 10:38 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Forhotspot: I appreciate you posting it & it is up to us all to make our own minds up, I believe. I tend to put 'hoax' + whatever the virus is called into Google then weigh everything up for myself.

My friend sent me this picture asking all her friends to do as asked though I get sent LOTS of these round robins as we call them with hundreds of everyones contacts on which I find SO ANNOYING!!

Ironically, the person who sent me the picture had left on hundreds of previous addresses & had sent to to many more.

I give up!!

This message was last edited by morerosado on 20/05/2010.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

40K Members on EOS!!!!! - 4 posts
Jet2 abandonement - 1 posts
Spanish tax return completed free of charge - 0 posts
Do you know where this is - 7 posts
Goverment Bicycle hire at the beach in Costa Calida - 1 posts
jazztel in marbella - 0 posts
Wanted urgently: Replacement roof... - 0 posts
Movinf to Spain - 1 posts
UK Reg Vehicle & Road Fund License - 18 posts
Building recommendation. - 0 posts
Long term parking at Reus Airport - 1 posts
Agents in Granada ? - 3 posts
LEY 57/68 - OFF PLAN PURCHASES - 3 posts
Dying badly - and needlessly - 0 posts
NIE application revised fee EUR16.00 - 0 posts
Easyjet Flights - 2 posts
TV kijken in Condado de Alhama - 0 posts
Error on Ryanair booking - 6 posts
Carvajal Campaign - 0 posts
Zapatero Announces Cuts - 12 posts
Euro safe now - 12 posts
Imputed incomeand expenses for non-residents - 0 posts
Council Tax - 2 posts
Win 2 return flights with bmibaby - 3 posts
Advise please - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 12

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x