Agents in Granada ?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 May 2010 12:00 AM by Si`s partner Star rating in WEYBRIDGE , Surrey U.... 60 posts Send private message

Hi all , back again, garnered the strenth to look again for a home in Spain , this time we are looking at Montefrio and the surrounding areas , so far all news is positive , prices appear more reasonable than our last look at Olvera which we loved but sadly vendors all a tad `grasping ` so we had to again, walk away !!

So , now , can anyone tell me what Agents do to get their Commision, do they get a cut from both vendor and buyer ,does the buyer ever know they are paying for the priveledge of buying a home on top of the usual Taxes and Legal costs , why should the buyer pay commision  at all, its not like they have found the house for us is it , I mean we travel out there having seen some on websites so why oh why are we expected to pay for finding a house , we don`t do it anywhere elase why in Spain, does one have to offer 30% less to get some idea of the `REAL` price of a property these days?

Surely the vendor is the one who should be  paying for a service, ie the Agent the vendor has appointed is the one with the contract to find a buyer , buggered if I am going to pay anything to an Agent !!

What does one do in this crazy scenario , walk away again, cos I have seen enough bloody houses on the market with so many differing Agants and most been around for months , if not  years !!

Does anyone know of a good and honest Agent in Alcala La Real area, we have heard of UNDISCOVERED SPAIN , they seem to be the only Agents around apart from CASA ANDULUZ , if anyone has tips and advice who to avoid or who to go to we would be as ever very grateful !!

From us both , we look forward to your views and replies , we go early next month to look around , keeping everything crossed this time !!  Vee xx

This message was last edited by Si`s partner on 13/05/2010.

Like 0      
04 Sep 2010 10:12 AM by roybud Star rating in UK. 36 posts Send private message

Hi Vee

You mention two agents below. If you check their respective websites you will see they both have the same house advertised at two different prices: Casa Andaluza 110,000, Undiscovered Spain 118,000. (There may well be others too) Undiscovered Spain state on their homepage "we bring you the best houses at the lowest prices direct from the owners" - oh really!! Who is going to pocket the extra 8 grand then - the owner, I don't think so...

It seems things are just carrying on as 'normal' in Spain. Unsuspecting buyers are STILL being ripped off by greedy agents adding large commissions on top.

Like 0      
05 Sep 2010 12:09 PM by cazzy Star rating in Inland Andalucia. 180 posts Send private message

The agent we work for only charges the vendor the commission, so the price you agree to is the price you pay, you will have to pay your legal fees etc on top of that but 10% of the purchase price should easily cover this. Prices are very good at the moment, and most people will take an offer!!

Caz

Like 0      
05 Sep 2010 1:17 PM by bbbreakfast Star rating in Bristol and Playa Fl.... 56 posts Send private message

bbbreakfast´s avatar

I have just spent a year trying to find a property and a decent agent, NO LUCK, I therefore resorted to the direct route after finding the area and type of property i wanted I then contacted sellers direct (SE VENDE) asked locally from spaniards for any properties available and within 3 months and numerous hilarious conversations in my pigeon spanish and the use of an officail translator (10 euros) per hour we made progress, only the reticence of Spanish sellers prevented a successful conclusion, however through word of mouth we  found an english seller and we went direct and using a Spanish lawyer we are now the proud owners of our dream property and location.

It takes time but all good things in life should, just be alert trust your instincts and persevere it will be worth it.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

LEY 57/68 - OFF PLAN PURCHASES - 3 posts
Dying badly - and needlessly - 0 posts
NIE application revised fee EUR16.00 - 0 posts
Easyjet Flights - 2 posts
TV kijken in Condado de Alhama - 0 posts
Error on Ryanair booking - 6 posts
Carvajal Campaign - 0 posts
Zapatero Announces Cuts - 12 posts
Euro safe now - 12 posts
Imputed incomeand expenses for non-residents - 0 posts
Council Tax - 2 posts
Win 2 return flights with bmibaby - 3 posts
Advise please - 2 posts
Scenic Driving/Camping route from Manchester Via France to Pinoso Spain - 1 posts
boiler leak - 0 posts
Costs re: IHT and title transfer when spouse dies - 6 posts
leaking boiler - 0 posts
Favourite thing to eat since you moved to Spain? - 12 posts
Wanted - Long term rental in Cantoria - 4 posts
tax for none residents - 13 posts
Car Hire La Marina - 5 posts
Car Insurance renewals - 24 posts
Property sales on the increase in Spain - 13 posts
Supermarkets in Mazarron/Puerto de Mazarron - 2 posts
Garden Furniture - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x