Do you know where this is

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 May 2010 12:00 AM by Elaineandchad Star rating in Manchester/Costa Bla.... 53 posts Send private message

Can anyone help me regarding a day out we had last year, we passed through San Miguel to a large privately owned house that is being used for Quad biking, pony trekking, bar b q, swimming with a water slide and other activities, there is a large lake near by, I cant remember the name of the place all I remember is we went through san Miguel and turned left (stupid I know) does anyone know where I mean and can anyone help me.  thank you

Like 0      
15 May 2010 3:00 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

15 May 2010 4:25 PM by JPD Star rating in Hull, East Yorkshire.... 391 posts Send private message

JPD´s avatar

Hi there it sounds like the place on the shore  of the the La pedera lake ( The Blue Lake) at Torremendo Call us : 605.815.636 665.809.130 E-MAIL: lorufete@lorufete.comHope this is the place your looking for

Road

San Miguel to Orihuela junction

Torremendo

C.V. 951 KM 1

30 minutes from Alicante and Murcia, 40 from Cartagena and 10 from Torrevieja.

In the freeway To 37 that Alicante to Cartagena goes from, if we come from Alicante, we left in the exit 751 Montesinos and took for Orihuela and Embalse de la Pedrera,in three kilometers we have a stop and we took to the left towards Torrevieja and San Miguel de Salinas and when we cross 2 km., we took towards the right for Torremendo and when we drive 1 km. We found the entrance of lo Rufete.

If we come from Cartagena we take exit 768 and we took towards San Miguel de Salinas, when arriving at this locality we took towards Orihuela

Like 0      
15 May 2010 8:13 PM by wendy1950 Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

It is neither of those it is the Grand design house, read about it on this link

google "Grand design house costa blance" and it does come uo on a channal 4 web site

it over looks the Pedrera lake and can be seen from the road, sorry cant give any info about the activities but know it is a good day out, worth a drive around there

Enjoy.

Like 0      
15 May 2010 8:17 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Check out  http://www.eyeonspain.com/spain-magazine/grand-design-tv.aspx

http://thingstodoinspain.info/ is its website.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 15/05/2010.

Like 0      
15 May 2010 11:28 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 688 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi - the grand designs house is on the shore of the lake at Torremendo and offers all sorts of activities - horse riding, quads, walking - or you can simply sit by the swiming pools and enjoy some home baking and coffee.  In the summer you can swim in the pools for a small charge. 

I was there a couple of weeks ago and it is open and seems to be doing well.  There is another activity centre nearby at Lo Rufete but I am sure the one you are looking for is the grand design house - Casa de la Pedrera. 

It can be hard to find but you take the road from San Miguel de Salinas to Orihuela and continue past the Lo Rufete turn off.  You come to a small development (with a large restaurant on the right) and take the turn on the left at the crest of the hill.  Then you will see a house ahead of you with a couple of large wind turbines and here you take a left and continue down the rather bumpy road for a hundred metres or so and you will see the big red house on your right.  There is parking within the grounds.

It is a wonderful place to just sit and enjoy the lake which is always changing colour.  Enjoy!

Like 0      
16 May 2010 9:02 AM by gill556 Star rating in orihuela. 69 posts Send private message

If you get stuck, call at the petrol station on the left after San Miguel as Derek who owns Casa La Pedrera also owns the garage and is usually there

Like 0      
16 May 2010 9:11 PM by Elaineandchad Star rating in Manchester/Costa Bla.... 53 posts Send private message

Thank you all so much, all the information will come in really handy. again thank you

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Goverment Bicycle hire at the beach in Costa Calida - 1 posts
jazztel in marbella - 0 posts
Wanted urgently: Replacement roof... - 0 posts
Movinf to Spain - 1 posts
UK Reg Vehicle & Road Fund License - 18 posts
Building recommendation. - 0 posts
Long term parking at Reus Airport - 1 posts
Agents in Granada ? - 3 posts
LEY 57/68 - OFF PLAN PURCHASES - 3 posts
Dying badly - and needlessly - 0 posts
NIE application revised fee EUR16.00 - 0 posts
Easyjet Flights - 2 posts
TV kijken in Condado de Alhama - 0 posts
Error on Ryanair booking - 6 posts
Carvajal Campaign - 0 posts
Zapatero Announces Cuts - 12 posts
Euro safe now - 12 posts
Imputed incomeand expenses for non-residents - 0 posts
Council Tax - 2 posts
Win 2 return flights with bmibaby - 3 posts
Advise please - 2 posts
Scenic Driving/Camping route from Manchester Via France to Pinoso Spain - 1 posts
boiler leak - 0 posts
Costs re: IHT and title transfer when spouse dies - 6 posts
leaking boiler - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x