All EOS blogs All Spain blogs  Start your own blog Start your own blog 

Things of huge interest to some

PLEASE CHECK OUT Transferwise in INTERESTING LINKS, BOTTOM RIGHT, under latest posts and archive

27 September 2011 @ 21:55


I was reading a thread on a forum local to me today, members were discussing what arrangements they may have made for their funerals & it got round to discussing leaving your body to medical science. It is a very interesting thread although if you are not a member you haven't access tothe thread. If you feel you want to leave your body to science this apparently is what you should do if in the Torrevieja area.


Fact Sheet 19


San Miguel Centre:

Calle Lope de Vega 45, San Miguel de Salinas 03193, Alicante

Telephone: 966 723 733


To participate in this scheme all documents

must be submitted and approved before your death

Bodies may be donated to science at no cost to relatives. Anyone wishing to do this should use the following procedure.


Departamento de Histologia y Anatonomia

Campus de San Juan

Universidad de Miguel Hernandez

Calle Valencia, Kilometro 87


San Juan de Alicante

Secretary’s office Tel. 96 591 9427 8am to 3pm

The Donor should send a Letter of Intent to the address below:


witnessed by two people and returned to the University.

The form will be annotated "Authorised" and returned to the Donor.

By return the Donor will receive a Form of Consent. This should be completed,


to be sent to the Judge (Juzagado Registro, Ave Santa Justa 6, Orihuela, Tel: 96

530 5181. The Judge will sign the death certificate, this authorises the body to be

removed from the hospital.

If the Donor is hospitalised, the Tanatoria will arrange for the original death certificate


Tanatorio or direct to University.

If the donor dies outside hospital, the procedure is for the body to be removed to the


is aware of the form and its whereabouts), should:

a) Ring the number on the form advising them of the death of the Donor and the

location of the body. The Authorities will normally collect the body within 3-4


b) Arrange for a Doctor to call and issue a death certificate. Any doctor can

provide the certificate providing there are no suspicious circumstances.

c) Any amount of stamped authorised copies can be obtained once the Doctor has

signed the original.

d) Once the death certificate has been duly signed contact must be made with

Funeraria San Vicente Ferrer SL Tel. 96 566 7912


Funeraria La Siempreviva Tel. 96 510 0822

The representative of the deceased making these arrangements should have


a) Residencia or Passport of the deceased.

b) Authorised Form of Consent from the University of Alicante

On the death of the Donor, a relative or friend (preferably one of the witnesses who

You will need to keep your authorised Form of Consent in a safe place so that any person who is dealing with your estate can easily find it

To the best of our knowledge this information was correct on the date given below.

However, rules and regulations can and do change so it is advisable to check with our office that this fact sheet has not been superseded. JB October 08



Torrevieja Office:

Rambla Juan Mateo Garcia 4, Torrevieja 03181, Alicante

Telephone: 965 704 282 (24 Hr)

Like 0


candida wright said:
11 February 2012 @ 13:04

Please note: some of the above is round the wrong way. You have indictaed the address to use is below when it is actually above and the the comment on the witnesses in black bold should be above and not below.

Hopefully this will enable other people not to be confused.



An Interested Party said:
11 February 2012 @ 13:14

Hi Candy
Obviously that was a copy & paste job so I have added a note above for others to read your comments, thanks!

Carol Ann said:
17 July 2013 @ 08:09

Myself and my husband would both like to donate our bodies, but we live in Lanzarote in the Canary Islands.
I was told to write to the Teaching Hospital in Gran Canaria which I did and received a letter saying they had passed this on to the department which deals with this, there is no ref: number or address on the letter telling to whom it has been sent, this was January 25th 2013 the reply came in February and we have had nothing since. The letter I sent was for both of us with NIE numbers and His no for the hospital in Arrecife. please can anyone advise on what I should do next as we would like this sorted: A:S:A:P I also gave them my e-mail address which is: Please can anyone help

Pamela Collins said:
05 November 2013 @ 14:17

Hello I am trying to contact the department who deals with the Murcia area as I wish to receive the documentation to donate my body.Would appreciate your help Thank you Pamela Collins

my email

Only registered users can comment on this blog post. Please Sign In or Register now.


This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x