My new blog
16 August 2009 @ 16:37
Well here I am, totally new to this blogging lark but thought I would give it a go! I have recently purchased the Eye on Spain series 'Spain Uncut' along with the bonus edition which covered blogging which inspired me to give this a try.
As this is my first post I thought I would tell you all a little bit about me and my dreams. I currently live in the UK with my husband but we dream of owning a holiday home in Spain and perhaps moving there eventually. We've spent the last few years researching which areas we would prefer and having visited a good variety of places, coastal and inland, very Spanish and very English, we have come to the conclusion that the Costa del Sol is where we would like to look.
So why the Costa del Sol? It just seems to tick so many boxes, i.e.
· Airport which is easy to fly to from the UK
· A good mix of Spanish and English - yes there a lot of English people on the coast, but the 'real' Spain is there if you look just beneath the surface
· Easy to get to many places of interest, Ronda, Sevilla, Cordaba, Granada and of course Malaga.
· Friendly people
· Hubby can get a pint (Important, we have been to several areas of Spain where it is totally impossible to get a pint, only small glasses - yes I know the Spanish don't drink pints, but need to keep the hubby happy! Incidentally in some regions if you ask for 'una jarra' or 'un tanque' you can get something resembling a pint.)
· Lots of sunshine!
· More holiday rental potential to pay for the mortgage
So, we are busy saving up for the deposit and legal fees and in the meantime trying to gather as much information as possible about how to avoid the pitfalls which other Brits buying in Spain have encountered.
!Hasta la proxima!