All EOS blogs All Spain blogs  Start your own blog Start your own blog 

El blog de Maria

Your daily Spanish Law reporter. Have it with a cafe con leche.

Legal tip 640. Home employee´s legal status in Spain as of January 1st 2012
23 November 2011 @ 11:27


With effect from January 1st, 2012 household employees will have to be registered in the General Regime of Social Security. Those who were listed on the previous regime, ( special regime of home employees) have a period of six months to switch to the General one.

Social Security contributions

Social Security contributions will be of  22% of the salary by the employer and 3.70% by the employee.

Obligations of the employer ( among other ones)

1)                 Registration in the Social Security system.

2)                  Formal contract.

3)                  To pay the corresponding rates for  work accidents.

If you need further information/advise on this, you can contact us at:

Sierra de Grazalema

"Sierra de Grazalema", Grazalema, Cadiz, Spain, by Senderismo Sermar, at

Like 0


Marcbernard said:
23 November 2011 @ 12:08

Could you give a pointer to the website which will explain all the various aspects of "household employment" please. We have a family member who acts as carer for my invalid wife, but we do not pay her much in cash, since we provide for all her expenses etc.

Maria said:
23 November 2011 @ 12:16

If he is a member of the family, there is no obligation for Social Security payments or contract.

Only registered users can comment on this blog post. Please Sign In or Register now.


This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x