All EOS blogs All Spain blogs  Start your own blog Start your own blog 

El blog de Maria

Your daily Spanish Law reporter. Have it with a cafe con leche.

Legal tip 488. Community of owners fees I
05 April 2011 @ 12:18




How is this assigned?


There is  a Notary deed which is signed when a building is being made. This is called the " Escritura de división horizontal" ( Horizontal Division Notary deed). This deed establishes the ownership quota corresponding to each unit. This quota can also be established by unanimous consent of all owners, by judicial or arbitration decission.

The ownership quota takes into account the usable surface of the unit in relation to the building, its internal or external location within the building and the predictable use of commun servcices by owners.



 Ronda by Werkmens at


Like 0


Nicholas said:
13 April 2011 @ 11:01

Where is the Horizontal Division Notary Deed stored and as an ownere can I demand to see it?

Maria said:
13 April 2011 @ 11:04

The President/Administrator needs to have it and you have of course rights for seeing it and having a copy of the same.

There is other possibility of obtaining this at the Notary where this was signed. The name of the Notary is included in your property deeds.

Only registered users can comment on this blog post. Please Sign In or Register now.


This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x