All EOS blogs All Spain blogs  Start your own blog Start your own blog 

El blog de Maria

Your daily Spanish Law reporter. Have it with a cafe con leche.

Legal tip 204. Oportunity to sell your house in Spain IV. What is a protected house?
30 December 2009 @ 20:09

 The Legal definition of Public Protected Housing contained in provision 1 of the Legislative Royal Decree 31/1978 dated the 31st of October 1978 and provision 1 of Royal Decree 3148/1978 dated the 10th in November of 1978, remarks four main characteristics: 

- Destination to regular and permanent home.
- Maximum area of 90 square meters. ( There are exceptions in regional Laws with maximum areas up to 120 and 150 m2 for disabled people, their family carers and large families) 
- Compliance of  applicable Law
- Have been classified as such by the competent public administration

I will write on final requirements of the programm for 2010 once the Royal Decree is out.
And what about your grapes? Do you already have them?
Grapes Splashing  in Water por AHMED....

 Grapes splashing in water by AHMED at


Like 0


KP said:
30 December 2009 @ 22:42

Hi Maria, Does this only apply to builders and banks no sold homes? I cannot find anything to indicate it applies to a normal seller or am I reading it wrong? Thanks KP

Derek Burks said:
31 December 2009 @ 16:51

I want to sell my 2 bed aprtment as soon as possible in Duquesa. I noted that in your humble opinion it is better to go for a sale and purchase option, how do I go about this and what is it.

Maria said:
04 January 2010 @ 16:28

KP: The extension for 2010 also applies for individuals we are still waiting for the pertinent Royal Decree to come out with specific details.

Derek Burks: I am pasting a post for your information:

Only registered users can comment on this blog post. Please Sign In or Register now.


This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x