All EOS blogs All Spain blogs  Start your own blog Start your own blog 

Non Residents Tax

Hi can anyone confirm if i have to pay non residents income tax even though i do not rent my apartment out, also can i pay it myself as lawyer charging me 200euro to do so thanks

Non residents income tax
28 October 2009 @ 12:17

i is non residents income tax payable even if i don,t rent my apartment out? and can i pay it directly myself (don,t know where to) as lawyers fees quite hefty

ta carole 

Like 0


Bridie said:
28 October 2009 @ 20:02

I am in the same position so grateful for comments
My solicitor has sent a bill and her fee is greater than the amount she says is payable [2008 year payable 2009]

James Baker said:
29 October 2009 @ 19:19

All non resident property owners have to pay some tax even if they haven't actually rented out during the year in question.
My firm charges 30€ for a simple non-resident tax declaration (with an extra 10€ for additional returns on the same property i.e. if there's more than one name on the deeds).
It's quite straightforward and you can do it yourself. There are some online guides that talk you through the forms, payment and filing.
The lawyer's high charges may be because they were made your "fiscal representative" when you bought the property. This role can involve more than just one return a year (advice, problems etc) to justify a higher fee but for most people it's not necessary to have a fiscal representative and they can save some money by ending the arrangement.
I am a partner for Advoco law and accountancy

carly007 said:
29 October 2009 @ 21:22

Hi James, yes she was the lawyer who represented us when puchased and cannot complain about service, however she arranged through my spanish bank account to set up ddebits for, electric, water, rates and communtiy fees etc so this is the only service she provides for me now, but wouldn,t want to upset her in case i need her in future, however 200euro is high for a 386euro bill can u help or do u know the online website, really appreciate your help, where are u based?

James Baker said:
01 November 2009 @ 17:27

Carole, I can't put my finger on the exact thread to be honest because I didn't save it. On eyeonspain there is a thread called "It's form 210 now, not 214" which has a lot of info. If you flick through the dozens of posts you'll find all you need I should think. I did save a guide to filling in the form in English which is an acrobat doc which I can send to you be email/message. My email is and I am based in Manilva covering the area between Marbella and La Linea. Good luck.

FibbyUK said:
04 November 2009 @ 15:13

Yes, we all have to pay La Renta, even if we don't rent our property out! However, with the abolition of the Wealth Tax on 31st Dec 2007, it makes it a lot cheaper.
So the cost of a lawyer to pay this tax for you, is a real sting in the tail.
Check out my website (see link), it may help you decide to pay your own taxes.

Only registered users can comment on this blog post. Please Sign In or Register now.


This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x