property transfer from Spanish SL to uk limited company

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
14 Jan 2010 12:00 AM by vilprano Star rating. 56 posts Send private message

I currenly have a uk limited company and wish to purchase a property from a Spanish Sl.

Is this a simple process and does it have any advantage or pitfalls.

Greatfull for any advice.

Like 0      
15 Jan 2010 7:10 PM by GuyT Star rating. 511 posts Send private message

I certainly can't offer any advice, but can say that in South Africa it is common practice for a property to have its own legal persona, ie you form a small company just to own the house, farm, etc. There are many advantages and I should think some will be the same in the UK. Most important is that when you sell the house you don't transfer the house, just the shares in the company. This means that stamp duty doesn't apply. (Of course, you have to pay the stamp duty when the company buys the house in the first place). But it means that a future buyer doesn't pay duty and this means you can ask a better price and share the savings. Also, there is the speed of the sale as there is no conveyancing, the buyer gives you the cash and you sign over the share certificate and it's done. There are also death duty implications. If you list your kids as the owners of the company it means no death duties if you die as they will have owned it all along. Of course, you get your kids to sign a share transfer certificate which you keep in your safe, just in case they get too clever for their own good and think the place really does belong to them. "Don't you remember son, you gave it back to me the other day?" The downsides are that you have to file an annual return. (But then in South Africa one was able to take a small tax position on maintenance costs, etc which about covered the accountants fees.)

Like 0      
15 Jan 2010 10:49 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

I can't imagine from your point of view there would be any problems, only perhaps in obtaining credit in Spain, but I assume when the SL sells the property they will have to pay capital gains tax.....I think!

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
16 Jan 2010 8:27 PM by vilprano Star rating. 56 posts Send private message

Hi,

The UK company will be paying cash not by mortgage.

The UK company will be buying the shares of the SL company so I am wondering what liabilities will be required payment wise for both companies. I assume as there is no sale of property and no purchase of property that it may well be tax free, but need some proper advice regarding the situation. 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Manilva and surrounding areas - 1 posts
I NEED YOUR ADVICE. SHOULD I CREATE A BLOG! - 11 posts
how do i delete a blog? - 1 posts
Driving Spanish car from UK to Spain with no ITV - 11 posts
Justin Still can't view web cam - 8 posts
mobil phones - 0 posts
Real Domestic Appliances- gone bust - 0 posts
Illegal developments - next steps - 1 posts
is there a way to delete a blog - 2 posts
Setting up a freelance business - 0 posts
high electricity bills - 8 posts
Anyone got experience of getting residencia in Malaga? - 1 posts
silencio administrativo / administrative silence/ Obra Mayor - 2 posts
AGM - running the meeting - 2 posts
Where can I buy Yeast Free Bread from? - 6 posts
Anyone here in El Rincon? - 1 posts
RAFFLES - 8 posts
Outsider as President? - 7 posts
Short Movie needs help - 1 posts
Morrisons in Gibraltar looking for staff - 8 posts
Motorbiking in Andalucia - 1 posts
Aldea - 1 posts
Removals & Transport Murcia Region. - 0 posts
New business in Estepona - 8 posts
Franchise Sales - Advice please - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x