Fernando del Valle

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
14 Oct 2009 12:00 AM by kbr88 Star rating. 27 posts Send private message

Does anyone have up to date information on the Fernando del Valle case? I believe that last September the prosecurotrs presented their case to the judge in Marbella. But I haven't been able to find any information subsequently. Has he been convicted? Is the case closed?

Also, does anyone know whether it is possible to unfreeze (or even close) the bank accounts that were frozen 4 years ago at the beginning of the investigation?

many thanks

Like 0      
14 Oct 2009 3:53 PM by 1962 Star rating in Iznalloz. 181 posts Send private message

Hi,

As far as I am aware Fernando del Valle is not in Jail he is back at the same office , but they now have a different name they are called  andalusian -jurists s.l.  I don't think he was found guilty or I am sure he would still be in Jail, I think he may have been caught up in the scandal.  However we still have 700 euros owing us also which to what some people had frozen is a small amount, but it would be helpful right now. I have been to the office a couple of times to see if they had heard anything but they told me it is going through the courts. The receptionist told me that some people have engaged lawers to try to get access to their money but if the cost of employing a lawer out weighs the amount of cash, then it is not worth it so in my case I will have to wait it out.  I would like to add that at the time we used Del Valle we never had a problem.

Kathy

Like 0      
24 Jan 2010 12:26 PM by Fairway Lawyers Star rating. 48 posts Send private message

Hi,

at the moment the case is no longer at the Marbella Courts (Juzgado de Instrucción nº 5) because the judge has finished the investigation stage, now it is at the Audienca Provincial de Málaga (=Malaga High Court) for trial. However, in contrast to the Marbella Court, the High Court is much slower: although the case arrived in November to Málaga, it is now (two days ago) when a judge hasbeen appointed to deal with it exclusively. It is a complex matter, as there are more than 62 appeals against the decision to open the trial stage, and on top of that, the appeals of those in prison have got priority.  Apparently more than 130 solicitors are also acting on behalf of people with accounts or properties frozen or seized by the courts.

We have some clients involved (with their accounts frozen) and after much liaison we have managed that the  judge agrees to open a "pieza separada",which is a separate proceeding to discuss the "unfreezing" of the moneys. This will make things more speedy, as it is a nightmare to be mixed with the other people involved.

Anyway, the process is likely to take 2 more years, along with the appeal at the Supreme COurt (3 more years), therefore I would not watit until the end in order to claim any refund. Should anyone be interested, please send a private message.

Yours,

Am

Fairway Laywers

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Long term rental - 0 posts
Solar Batteries deep cycle 12V 200AH + solar panels NEW - 0 posts
Capital gains Tax Question? - 1 posts
Motorbiking in Andalucia - 4 posts
Spanish Mortgages - 1 posts
Overseas Pensions Department..... - 5 posts
Seat Ibiza 1998 1.9 Diesel for sale - 0 posts
Bar Elite - Almoradi - 4 posts
Spain Non residents pay less for capital gains on savings - 0 posts
Andalusian government´s help to buy properties in the region! - 1 posts
Martes y trece...unlucky for some - 8 posts
Blue Palm, Marbella - 5 posts
Empadronamiento - 17 posts
Why Hate Ryanair - 3 posts
Thinking of moving to Guardemar Del Segura - 0 posts
Valencia Rejects Ryanair - 0 posts
QSD - 8 posts
test your Spanish & help feed the world - 11 posts
SIESTA TV - 10 posts
Non resident income tax: 1.1% or 2% of cadastral value? - 0 posts
Breakdown Assistance with Car Hire - 3 posts
TGS GOLF SOCIETY EVENT/FUN DAY - 0 posts
House sign in Spanish - 3 posts
Atlas international did the same in Turkey - 0 posts
Does Anyone know What is Happening at Corvera Airport. - 10 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x