Motorbiking in Andalucia

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Oct 2009 12:00 AM by casalinda Star rating in Las Alpujarras. 54 posts Send private message

Hi

We are moving to Andalucia next year, to a house we bought in 2002 (the good old days of 68p to the euro!).  I have a CBT and a 90cc Honda - will I need a full bike licence after 2 years, as in GB, or does Spain allow up to 125cc on a car licence?

Also worth saying that Sunday Times 11/10/09 recommends only doing money transfers with companies registered with the FSA.  Otherwise there's no protection if a company goes bust or runs off with your money.

Look forward to reading through the forums for lots of good tips and info...

Happy days!

Like 0      
16 Oct 2009 12:22 PM by SimoneIcough Star rating in Monda. 43 posts Send private message

SimoneIcough´s avatar

Hi Casalinda,

I believe the laws for higher cc's motorbikes has changed or will be changing soon. I have been told that you will need to be driving for at least 5 years before you can drive a 600cc motorbike.

Will carry on trying to find out some info for you,

All the best :)

Like 0      
16 Oct 2009 10:07 PM by casalinda Star rating in Las Alpujarras. 54 posts Send private message

Thanks very much, though I am just interested in small bikes under 125cc (well, 90cc to be precise).  No intention of going for something bigger but I don't really want to take lots of difficult tests for such a small bike. :)

Like 0      
17 Oct 2009 9:39 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

casalinda, Hi...

My understanding is that you can ride a motorcycle up to 125cc (11KW max power) without restriction on your UK car licence.

Most of the answers to your questions can be found on the dgt.es website under the heading  'Tramites y Multas'

But, basically whatever authorisations you have on your current UK licence (if it's an UK / EU photocard licence) are also valid here in Spain; see this link...

A rough translation of the introduction follows;

'The licenses issued by Member States of the European Union, under Community law, remain valid in Spain, with the exception that the age for driving corresponds to that required to obtain permission Spanish equivalent, not.  However, license holders who have obtained residence in Spain, can apply for exchange.'

The full listing of requirements for each vehicle group can be found here.

Note that of course all of the information is in Spanish, however I have found an excellent  on-line translation site ; its better than babelfish and concentrates on Spanish-English -Spanish translations only. (This link, unlike some translation sites, is free from bugs and advertising and is normally only available to persons subscribing to the main site 

Hope this helps...

fb

Edited to extend content and correct minor typo!

This message was last edited by foxbat on 17/10/2009.

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
18 Oct 2009 11:18 PM by casalinda Star rating in Las Alpujarras. 54 posts Send private message

Thank you Foxbat.  I will follow up your links - really helpful & much appreciated.  Casalinda.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Spanish Mortgages - 1 posts
Overseas Pensions Department..... - 5 posts
Seat Ibiza 1998 1.9 Diesel for sale - 0 posts
Bar Elite - Almoradi - 4 posts
Spain Non residents pay less for capital gains on savings - 0 posts
Andalusian government´s help to buy properties in the region! - 1 posts
Martes y trece...unlucky for some - 8 posts
Blue Palm, Marbella - 5 posts
Empadronamiento - 17 posts
Why Hate Ryanair - 3 posts
Thinking of moving to Guardemar Del Segura - 0 posts
Valencia Rejects Ryanair - 0 posts
QSD - 8 posts
test your Spanish & help feed the world - 11 posts
SIESTA TV - 10 posts
Non resident income tax: 1.1% or 2% of cadastral value? - 0 posts
Breakdown Assistance with Car Hire - 3 posts
TGS GOLF SOCIETY EVENT/FUN DAY - 0 posts
House sign in Spanish - 3 posts
Atlas international did the same in Turkey - 0 posts
Does Anyone know What is Happening at Corvera Airport. - 10 posts
car insurance recommendations - 5 posts
Does anyone know what has happened to agents "Easy Andalucia" - 2 posts
Community Web Sites - 3 posts
Wealth Tax - Help!! - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x