Google Toolbar Translator

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
01 Sep 2009 12:00 AM by Rob in Madrid Star rating in Madrid. 274 posts Send private message

Rob in Madrid´s avatar

Just discovered a really cool tool from Google, Toolbar Translator. It started coming up automatically on my Vista computer so for the heck of it I clicked on it and much to my shock it does a really really good job of translating both from German and Spanish. While not perfect it's light years better than any online translator I've used, better yet it keeps all the original formatting.

Compare this from Babelfish online translator

Safety reference: In order to guarantee that no on your on-line queried data receives to unauthorized third insight, we recommend to you after terminating the application of on-line " Cache/temporary Internetdateien" to delete in the browser.

Now from Google

Security Note:
To ensure that no unauthorized third party access to your online receive required data, we advise you to stop the online application, the "cache / temporary Internet files" in the browser to delete.

Security Note: 
To ensure that no unauthorized third party access to your online receive required data, we advise you to stop the online application, the "cache / temporary Internet files" in the browser to delete. 

While not perfect that is pretty impressive. Better yet this section from the Canal Plus homepage adverting a new Spanish TV show
Morena with good cleavage and a teacher and social worker OK that's a really good reason to watch that show

It also translated my German banking homepage all into English, hugely helpful because I couldn't be bothered trying to figure out what half that stuff was! It included loads of important stuff that I need to know but had no real way of figuring it out!!!!

This message was last edited by Rob in Madrid on 01/09/2009.

This message was last edited by Rob in Madrid on 01/09/2009.

Decided after all I don't like Spanish TV, that is having compared both.

Like 0      
01 Sep 2009 5:01 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Oh yes... Google translator is awesome!

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
01 Sep 2009 5:07 PM by Rob in Madrid Star rating in Madrid. 274 posts Send private message

Rob in Madrid´s avatar

I should add the big thing about this is, it required no copy and paste, it literealy translated the page as if it were written in English, very impressive.

Decided after all I don't like Spanish TV, that is having compared both.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Key holding and cleaning on an ''as and when required'' basis ? - 2 posts
A few items needed! - 0 posts
Old Fool - 51 posts
Guardia Civil - 7 posts
EHIC - Changes to Procedures - 0 posts
fed up with spanish bank - 6 posts
Sotogrande Support Group for Depression/Anxiety - 0 posts
Can we afford to live in Spain - 9 posts
Moped ITV - 1 posts
Instant Access International Spanish office - closed down Feb 2009 - 1 posts
Finally found a copy of the highway code and set out below a rough translation: - 4 posts
Bank holiday - 2 posts
Driving to Gibraltar - 12 posts
Fiscal Residence - 4 posts
Sunbeds - 2 posts
breakdown recovery - 0 posts
Has the Spanish Property Market reached its bottom? - 11 posts
Guests left stranded at Almeria airport!! - 4 posts
Interesting article re the property market - 1 posts
La Yenka - 0 posts
Selling In Spain - Agents or not? - 5 posts
No Claims Certificate? - 3 posts
Yucca Plants trimming tips needed. - 2 posts
rental property - 0 posts
Ikea Expedit bookcase for sale - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x