1 hour drive from Alicante?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
09 Sep 2008 12:00 AM by C&R Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Hi folks,

Hope everyone is well - i'm looking for some advice!

We are looking to buy property in the Alicante area - we live in Edinburgh, and there are good regular flights to Alicante. 

We would be looking at towns/villages which are no more than 1 hours drive from Alicante airport.

We are coming out next month, and planning to drive round the area to have a look mainly at the towns/villages, then once we have found some that we like, start looking at property.

Does anyone live within a 1 hour drive of Alicante, or does anyone know of any lovely traditional Spanish towns which you would recommend as a place to buy a second home?

Any advice/tips would be greatly appreciated...

Cam.

Like 0      
10 Sep 2008 12:16 PM by SophieRF Star rating in Quesada. 62 posts Send private message

Hi Cam,

1 Hours drive from Alicante will give you a wide area to look at, including some great Spanish villages, such as Benijofar, Rojales, Almoradi, Daya Nueva etc.

Have a great time looking round all the villages, and sampling the local bars, shops, restaurants, im sure you will find somewere great.

Regards

Sophie

Like 0      
10 Sep 2008 4:13 PM by lifeline Star rating in Murcia. 365 posts Send private message

lifeline´s avatar
Jet 2 / Flyglobespan also fly from Edinburgh into San Javier in the Mar Menor area just south of Alicante. That gives you a really wide area. It depends on whether you want country or seaside or a bit of both. Property a bit away from the coast is generally better value for money. We bought a villa on the edge of a Spanish town and we are still close to lots of amenities. We learned a lot from this site about the experiences of people buying in Spain. 
We used a reliable agent to buy our house. If you want his website just send me a PM.

Daveil

Like 0      
10 Sep 2008 4:51 PM by ayrez Star rating in La Marina Oasis. 379 posts Send private message

If you like the countryside may I suggest a town called Villena. It is about 30 mins from Alicante airport and is near the Alicante to Madrid motorway. We used to have a house in the mountains near there and loved the town. We only moved as it was cold in winter and no good for OHs arthritis.
we now live near Fuente Alamo in Murcia and also love this area. About 40 mins from Murcia airport. Good infrastructure and shopping within 30 to 40 mins.
Jean

Like 0      
10 Sep 2008 8:22 PM by C&R Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Sofie/Jean,

Thank you so much for coming back to me with some suggestions.

I've located the 5 places you have suggested on the map, and will now try and find some information on the internet, but will definitely make a stop at each of these towns when we go over.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Lifeline - pm sent!

Kind regards to all,

Cam.

Like 0      
10 Sep 2008 9:42 PM by Sten46 Star rating in Hatton, Derbyshire &.... 243 posts Send private message

Visit Almoradi on a Saturday morning and experience the street market!

Can recommend an EXCELLENT agent in the town who we used -highly satisfied! PM me if you are interested and I can let have their details.

Enjoy looking!

Steve.

Steve.

Like 0      
11 Sep 2008 9:20 AM by lifeline Star rating in Murcia. 365 posts Send private message

lifeline´s avatar
C&R,
Have sent you a private message but not sure whether you can retrieve it yet until you have made a certain number of postings. Let me know anyway.
Best wishes

Daveil

Like 0      
11 Sep 2008 4:28 PM by mr.kevin Star rating in Costa Blanca. 189 posts Send private message

mr.kevin´s avatar
Albatera!!!

Albatera is a Spanish town/large village about 35min down the A7 motorway towards Murcia, it is about 30 min. drive to the coast.

We are close enough to all the amenities and hussle and bussle of the coastal spots, and far enough to be in Spain proper with it's quiet layed back attitude.

We have the delightful historic city of Elche just 15 min away and many more market towns close by

If you want a quiet life you can not get a better place.

Take a look at Shars web site, it will give you lots of info about the area, www.livespainforlife.com

Kev.

Like 0      
12 Sep 2008 3:52 PM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar
Hi
What about Formentera del Segura? Lovely little Spanish village with a brilliant town square. Loads of eateries, orange groves, lovely people and quite a lot of property recently erected. 5 kms from Guardamar - a lovely beach which has a very Spanish feel to it.

It's close to Rojales and Benijofar so when you're visiting, do stop off and have a look around.

Irene

Like 0      
13 Sep 2008 5:41 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar
Hi All
A lot of us have been members of the forum fo some time now and heard a lot about different areas. How about we start a photo thread of our areas, what do you think?

Like 0      
14 Sep 2008 2:46 PM by C&R Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Thanks Irene - sounds lovely!

Thats another place added to the map for us to visit when we come over!...

Like 0      
16 Sep 2008 6:16 PM by vakantiereizenspanje Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Hello,

I've bicycled in the countryside of Murcia and I can tell you the neighbourhoud of Alhama de Murcia-Totana-Aledo is very nice.
Mainly the side of the sierra Espuna. Lovely countryside and mountanis (1000 meters). Also it's not far from Murcia where there are maybe also airlines flying to. This area isn't very touristic yet. I thinks it's somewhat more then a hour drive. It's also not on the seaside.

A nice village more close, is Orhuela, (inland). Take a look at the fotocasa-website to see some property there.

Regards
Bas

webmaster
vakantiereizenspanje . nl

Like 0      
22 Sep 2008 12:10 PM by spainops Star rating in Benidorm, Spain. 21 posts Send private message

What about North of Alicante ?!. Places like Albir and Altea are really nice. Add them to the list !. If you want some guides on moving, buying etc then PM me.

Simon

Like 0      
23 Sep 2008 1:00 PM by sichez Star rating. 28 posts Send private message

I'll second what Irene & Alan said about Formentera del Segura.

Only a mile or so off the motorway, so it's great for access to all other parts of the costa blanca.

The village itself is very traditional, and has a remarkably friendly population. I've put plenty of pictures of the village on my site here.
www.SiChez.co.uk

If you'd like to know any more, please e-mail me via the site (I'm aware of a couple of properties myself that are going for a song)

incidentally, I am NOT an estate agent!

Like 0      
25 Sep 2008 5:24 PM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar
Visit Almoradi on a Saturday morning and experience the street market!

Can recommend an EXCELLENT agent in the town who we used -highly satisfied! PM me if you are interested and I can let have their details.

Enjoy looking!

Steve.

Yes I can also recommend this agent, based in Almoradi. 
Have a good look around. There are hundreds of beautiful places within an hour of Alicante.
We almost bought a house in Villena but thought it may be chilly in winter. (Now confirmed). So we bought in Dolores.

Laury

Laury

Like 0      
25 Sep 2008 7:57 PM by ayrez Star rating in La Marina Oasis. 379 posts Send private message

Hi Laury

That is really weird as we nearly bought in Dolores. We knew country property needed 10,000 sq metres to build legally in Alicante and most of the properties were on much smaller plots. So came to Murcia and bought 25000 sq metres of land to build our house. 
Jean

Like 0      
25 Sep 2008 9:18 PM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar
That's funny Jean.

Ours has 4000sqm but was an old finca that needed doing up and was fully legal on the Catastral and land registry. 
There are hundreds of new builds around there that wouldn't be legal though. We were shown many of them by other agents.

Laury

Laury

Like 0      
25 Sep 2008 9:57 PM by peteranne Star rating in York & Los Montesino.... 111 posts Send private message

peteranne´s avatar
Hi Cam

We have just returned from a 2 week holiday in our apartment in Los Montesinos, lovely small town, shops, restaurants, bars - sit in the town square or the new park.  Montesinos is central to lots of lovely places and less than 45 minute drive from Alicante and Murcia airports, less than 15 minutes from some great beaches.   Certainly worth a trip, we loved the town as soon as we arrived there. hope you find something. 

Peter & Anne   -   www.los-montesinos-spain.co.uk

Like 0      
25 Sep 2008 10:01 PM by Brickie Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

You really need to make up your mind what you want.

Is it the beach, if so you have to accept that you are not living in real Spain, because the Coastal Areas are where all the Brits tend to congregate and you are effectively living in little Britain. You will also end up paying more  for poorer quality, albeit just now there should be some good bargains.

In addition the traffic in the summer is horrendous.

We used to live near the coast, but moved inland and now live in the Spanish town of Totana in Murcia Province.

We are one and a half hours south of Alicante Airport and 45 minutes from San Javier.

When we want to go to the beach we have a good choice all with in 30 to 45 minutes.

In addition we have the wonderful scenery of the Sierra Espuna, where if you are into Hill Walking there are numerous walks from easy to strenuous within half an hours drive.

Property is cheaper and of a better quality than on the coast,

Like 0      
25 Sep 2008 10:14 PM by ayrez Star rating in La Marina Oasis. 379 posts Send private message

Couldn´t agree more Brickie. We bought our first Spanish property on Ciudad Quesada but decided it wasn´t for us. Hence our susequent moves. Now definitely settled until we get the stage when we can longer drive. We will probably have to move to an urbanisation then. Totana is not very far from us. We often drive out there and Alhama and the Sierra Espuña.

Laury, we only looked at the new properties in Dolores when we thought we would not get  planning down here. Eventually planning permission granted so never took it any further. Must admit I like all that area outside Torrevieja though. Nice little towns all around there.

Jean

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

bmibaby - 5 posts
Wanted - Chest of Drawers, Garrucha Area - 0 posts
Come back More. We miss you. You are part of the team - 26 posts
DREAM HOME INTERIORS - 8 posts
why can't i receive private messages? - 2 posts
Setting up an Ultrasound Business in Spain - 1 posts
Tiger Mosquito arrives in the Costa Brava - 10 posts
Archery equipment - 0 posts
INTERNET CONNECTION - 4 posts
What a good decision!! - 43 posts
When did Ryan stop their Priority Boarding with online checkin - 7 posts
Directions from Jerez airport to Manilva-hopefully avoiding the coast road!!!! - 14 posts
30k members, we're almost there! - 6 posts
Looking to move to Spain - help !! - 10 posts
Education In Javea - 1 posts
CALANOVA GOLF - 13 posts
Work for Eye on Spain - Office admin needed - 0 posts
Property required inland areas i.e Cartama, Coin, Alhaurin etc - 0 posts
Telimico GONE AGAIN............ - 96 posts
one way van rental - 0 posts
SPANISH GYPSIES TAKEN OVER APPARTMENT - 2 posts
Lookin to move to Spain ? help - 8 posts
Congratulations! - 0 posts
Restaurant reviews benidorm - 0 posts
Internet-Pay as you go,or Monthly Contract ? - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 39

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x