Anyone out there at Fuentemar, Vera Playa

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 May 2008 12:00 AM by KarenDavid Star rating in Berkshire and Vera P.... 122 posts Send private message

Hi

We've recently purchased a duplex/townhouse on Residencial Fuentemar, Vera Playa and wondered if there were any EOS members who also live/holiday there.  Would just be nice to know if there is and maybe share some chat!

www.freewebs.com/casaella

Like 0      
23 May 2008 8:07 AM by jfj Star rating in Vera, Almería. 142 posts Send private message

jfj´s avatar
Where is Residencial Fuentemar? I live on Vera Playa, but am not sure where your place is (I really need to work less and get to know the area better!!).

Like 0      
23 May 2008 9:54 PM by KarenDavid Star rating in Berkshire and Vera P.... 122 posts Send private message

Hi jfj
i agree, its always a good idea to work less!!  If you turn left at the Supermarket el Minuto from the roundabout or right if coming from Garrucha, its on the right hand side.  The offwhite houses with roof terraces.   Whereabouts are you then?

Like 0      
24 May 2008 2:29 PM by jfj Star rating in Vera, Almería. 142 posts Send private message

jfj´s avatar
We're down around the Consum area, but we spend more time in Vera itself in our office. We have been known to accidently refer to the office as home on occasion.

Will you be moving out here permanently or just using your duplex as a holiday home?

Like 0      
24 May 2008 2:50 PM by KarenDavid Star rating in Berkshire and Vera P.... 122 posts Send private message

Hi Jfj
Hey, thats not good!   Too much work etc......What do you do in your office (officially).  Have you been in Spain long?
We know Consum, have spent time shopping in there (which is sad but you have to have some provisions) and we've been to the Wok Buffet on the roof.  Had a great Chinese meal in there with a very drinkable bottle (or two) of wine!!  Cant believe its so cheap there.    Unfortunately, just a holiday home for now although it is our dream to move over as soon as we can.   We're working towards September 2010 ish.  Our eldest daughter has just had our first grandchild, Ella (the house is named after her, bless) and I'm sure there will be more arriving in the next couple of years so now I'm wondering if I will ever be able to leave them!

Like 0      
24 May 2008 4:29 PM by jfj Star rating in Vera, Almería. 142 posts Send private message

jfj´s avatar
We've been here just over 3 years, and nearly 2 years ago we started  our own computer services business. We act as an independant IT department or small businesses and home users, offering computer repairs, purchasing advice, programming etc. Things are going well for us, so long may that continue.

We're only a young couple so had nothing to leave to leave behind us in Ireland other than our jobs and my family, and we haven't looked back since.

Like 0      
25 May 2008 10:17 AM by KarenDavid Star rating in Berkshire and Vera P.... 122 posts Send private message

We wish we had made the move when our girls were younger but hindsight is a wonderful thing.  We first went on holiday to Mojacar about 16/17 years ago and fell in love with the area.  Problem is that if we moved over now we would would want to work part time at least, I could find work easier than my husband.  He's an engineer and unfortunately, knows nothing else so....   There are quite a few Irish in the area, in fact we bought the house from a great couple from Dublin.   It certainly sounds as though you are happy and settled and I'm glad things are going well for you both.   Whats happening with the weather?  Ive been checking the forecasts since we came back on 10 May and it seems there's been quite a bit of rain.  We had a couple of days of torrential rain when we were over but we we busy getting stuff for the house so it wasnt a big deal and we know its very much needed.  

Like 0      
26 May 2008 9:22 AM by jfj Star rating in Vera, Almería. 142 posts Send private message

jfj´s avatar
We're well settled here alright and I think this will be where we stay as long as the business continues to do well. You'd be better off not moving over here while you still need to work, as it seems to be very hard to find jobs here at the moment. If you don't speak Spanish it's next to impossible from what I hear.

The weather here has been a bit strange alright for the last while. We have had some fabulous days, but a bit of rain as well. As much as I hate the rain, I can't really complain about it as the area needs it badly. Hopefully things will get back to normal soon!

Like 0      
26 May 2008 4:48 PM by KarenDavid Star rating in Berkshire and Vera P.... 122 posts Send private message

I do speak a little Spanish and would want to work part time, cant see myself retiring just yet as I like to keep myself busy and keep my brain sharp (ish).   We're back in three weeks so hope the weather is less wet then.   I know its much needed but I love the sun!   Have a good week and dont work too hard! 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Easyjet £19.99 seats each way including taxes & charges. Go look at details. - 16 posts
Lonely Irish buyers.. - 7 posts
Rixxy's Clubs! - 31 posts
House Music Clubs near Los Narejos - 3 posts
Medsea Properties - 43 posts
completion - 6 posts
UK MAILING ADDRESSES? >>WARNING>> DONT USE MY-UK-MAIL.CO.UK - 11 posts
atlas international and iberian international clients - 2 posts
Denby Green Wheat Dinner Service - 1 posts
Eye on Spain looks rubbish... - 28 posts
Have I a video for you HERE ? Spare pair of undies needed. - 13 posts
New Rules for Renting? - 11 posts
Roda Golf Apartment wanted for rental - 3 posts
Insuring a Spanish Caravan - 3 posts
Child Protection URGENT HELP NEEDED!!!! - 12 posts
Potty Paula Whitely Pilar De La Horada - 0 posts
IADJ tax refund - 0 posts
Comunidad corruption problems - 17 posts
A VERY SAD AND SORRY STORY - 0 posts
TOLDO/SUN AWNING - 1 posts
TDT Transmitter Location - 3 posts
Reposessions How long does it take? - 4 posts
Question - about experiences - 0 posts
Good morning everyone! - 8 posts
Just trying out my Avatar - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x