completion

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 May 2008 12:00 AM by dodes Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

hi need a bit of advise 
my completion date has come and gone ,i have had know problems with my developer and was due to sign on28th April my money was sent over in plenty of time to clear but on the day i was told by my solicitor that the person who can release the money was on holiday and we would not be able to compete so i had  to give power of attorney so they could   complete for me at a later date .
after lots of phone calls and emais we are know closer to paying for our property i have been given no answers as why this has taken so long 
we really do not know what our next step should be , we used a well established company ,is this the norm ?should we just wait for them to complete? or taken this further any advise would be welcome .

Like 0      
22 May 2008 12:26 PM by Eva2008 Star rating in Reading. 152 posts Send private message

Eva2008´s avatar
I've seen this kind of thing before in Spain. When someone goes on holiday, everything seems to stop, but rest assured, they continue as soon as the person is back!

I have learnt to go with the flow which is so unlike the way I have been brought up in the UK

Like 0      
31 May 2008 9:04 PM by Pickles Star rating. 141 posts Send private message

Pickles´s avatar

Hi again

This is Tricia and Dave once again

Can you help we have now got our final bill from the agent,  we have been charged 7% of a lower purchase price in tax, sorry there are two figuers of the purchase price one high and one lower we have been taxed from the lower price
And now they are saying there is a further charge of 4% at the notary  for conveyancing is the 4% from the balance or of the bill or of the  purchase  price or from the balance that i owe im so confused i feel sick
And they want a large amount of cash and a small bankers draft for the remainder of the balance at the notary is this normal
Thankyou once again for you time
Tricia and Dave

Like 0      
31 May 2008 9:49 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar
Hi Pickles....
Your total bill for the propretty should have been  proprty price+10-12% broken down into 7% iva plus 4-5% conveyancing and legal fees.
This should have been explained to you at day one.

Example property price real= 200,000€ plus costs of 12% = 224,000€

Example property price with black money = 160,000€ declared value (YOU ARE STILL REALLY PAYING 200,000€)  plus costs of 12%= 219,200€

The cash is for the builders back pocket (tax evasion)
you dont have to do the latter,just refuse but you do have to pay legal fees,i cant understand that you were not made aware of this.

I hope i have explained this a little better tonight,last night i was a little worse for wear on the vino!!!!
Regards
Georgia

Like 0      
30 Jun 2008 9:17 AM by tyrills Star rating in bootle,merseyside/po.... 73 posts Send private message

tyrills´s avatar
hello everbody,
                           help required with regards to completion
                           we received an email from our solicitors informing us that the first occupation licence was granted on the
                           25/06/2008 and that the deadline for signing the deeds will be the end of august.
                           my question is can i delay the signing until the end of november which would be a better time financially
                           for us to complete.        thanks jeff.

Like 0      
10 Jul 2008 5:11 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Best thing to do is speak to your lawyer. Explain the situation and tell them you have every intention of completing (so many dont intend to) and advise them that you really cant complete until later in the year. As long as developers know what is going on then some (not all) are willing to listen and be flexible - it is when they are left in limbo that they start to get agitated. Good luck

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
10 Jul 2008 6:10 PM by tyrills Star rating in bootle,merseyside/po.... 73 posts Send private message

tyrills´s avatar
thankyou

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

UK MAILING ADDRESSES? >>WARNING>> DONT USE MY-UK-MAIL.CO.UK - 11 posts
atlas international and iberian international clients - 2 posts
Denby Green Wheat Dinner Service - 1 posts
Eye on Spain looks rubbish... - 28 posts
Have I a video for you HERE ? Spare pair of undies needed. - 13 posts
New Rules for Renting? - 11 posts
Roda Golf Apartment wanted for rental - 3 posts
Insuring a Spanish Caravan - 3 posts
Child Protection URGENT HELP NEEDED!!!! - 12 posts
Potty Paula Whitely Pilar De La Horada - 0 posts
IADJ tax refund - 0 posts
Comunidad corruption problems - 17 posts
A VERY SAD AND SORRY STORY - 0 posts
TOLDO/SUN AWNING - 1 posts
TDT Transmitter Location - 3 posts
Reposessions How long does it take? - 4 posts
Question - about experiences - 0 posts
Good morning everyone! - 8 posts
Just trying out my Avatar - 3 posts
New free directory - 5 posts
transfers from alicante to guardamar - 1 posts
Kitchen 4 Sale - 2 posts
Oven, Hob & Extractor For Sale - 0 posts
Fridge Freezer 4 Sale - 0 posts
Fridge Freezer 4 Sale - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x