Schools and Education in Spain Guide
Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
27 Jan 2008 12:00 AM by Dar dar123 Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

hi guys

My parents promised that we can have a dog in spain and  i have been doing research about getting a dog in spain. i have noooooo  idea were I'd get it. and the other thing is  i want a pug! so i think  they're quite rare in spain!

does anyone no where i could get a pug?
i have looked on the net and they were ALL in the USA soo i am annoyed!

Can anyone help me ????

thanx darcy

Like 0      
27 Jan 2008 12:42 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Darcy, PLEASE try the many animal sanctuaries in your area of Spain as there are so many dogs needing homes, & not just pugs.

Like 0      
05 Feb 2008 6:56 PM by jules1 Star rating in St Ives, Cambridgesh.... 264 posts Send private message

jules1´s avatar

Darcy,  if you go onto google search for 'buy dog pug breed' you will get lots of options from UK.However as Morerosado says there will be animal sanctuaries in Spain where there will be lots of dogs needing a loving home.

Julia

Like 0      
06 Feb 2008 9:23 AM by SophieRF Star rating in Quesada. 62 posts Send private message

Hi, you chould check out aminal aid here on the costa blanca, i know they are always looking for good homes for their dogs. And i have seen a few pugs here in Spain, so I wouldnt be suprised if they had one that needed re homing, you could always check in your local vets as they sometimes take needy dogs in until a owner is found.

Sophiex

Like 0      
06 Feb 2008 5:38 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
Pugs actually are quite popular, as well as Boston Terriers and French Bulldogs (they all look like Carl Marden anywway!), so if you look in the classifieds of local English papers such as Costa Blanca News or Sur in English, you may find what you want, but as the others here have already said, PLEASE go first to your nearest Animal Sanctuary/refuge/rescue centre etc. There are SO many very worthy friends waiting for someone to offer them a good home. They may even have a pug or similar. If you tell us what area you will be moving to, someone will be able to post a link for your nearest rescue centre.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
06 Feb 2008 5:49 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Roberto, Darcy is the 12 year old daughter of one of our members,  pknott & is moving to Moraira, CB North

Darcy, where are you ? We are missing your posts.

• Asoka el Grande: A non-profit organisation that works to protect animals from maltreatment and abandonment. It also manages a re-homing centre for cats and dogs
    Postal Address: Apartado 5031, 03080 Alicante
    Tel: 625 589 523 / 625 589 522 / 625 589 521
    Website (in Spanish)
  • Sociedad Protectora de Animales y Plantas de Alicante (S.P.A.P): Society for the protection of animals and plants in Alicante. It cares for abandoned and mistreated animals and runs an adoption centre for cats, dogs, horses and other animals
    At: Camino Viejo de Elche KM7, Partida Bacartot, 03114 Alicante
    Tel: 965 960 224
    Website (in Spanish)
    Open: Monday to Sunday 10:00-14:00 and 17:00-19:00
  • S.P.A.P La Marina Baixa: The local animal organisation for Benidorm on the Costa Blanca. It collects stray dogs and cats, provides veterinary care and rehouses unwanted animals
    At: Partida de Salto del Agua 60, Apartado de correos 435, 03500 Benidorm
    Tel: 965 856 268
    Information Tel: 657 891 335 (in English, German and Dutch)
    Website
  • S.P.A.P de Alcoy: The objectives of this organisation are to prevent animal cruelty, promote awareness and campaign for better treatment of animals. It collects homeless animals and re-houses them with the aim to not destroy any animals unless veterinary advice forces it. The centre is run by volunteers and donations. The website has pictures of the animals looking for adoption as well as pictures posted by owners who have lost pets
    At: Ctra Bañeres s/n (Antiguo Molí Payà), Apdo. Correos 5, 03802 Alcoy
    Tel: 650 579 108
    Website (in Spanish)
    Adoption centre Open: Seasonal opening hours apply. In winter, 09:00-13:00 and 19:00 Monday to Friday and Saturday 09:00-13:00. In summer, 09:00-13:00 and 17:00-20:00 and Saturday 09:00-13:00
  • Sociedad Protectora de Animales y Ambiental de Ibi: The association works to protect animals and runs a shelter, mainly for cats and dogs
    Tel: 965 551 214 / 619 358 201
    Website (in Spanish)
  • APASA: An animal shelter based in Javea
    Tel: 965 796 854 / 696 213 657
    Website (in German)

RESCUE CENTRE in Alcoy.

HOW, if you wanted a rescue dog, could you NOT take ANY one of these.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 2/6/2008.

Like 0      
28 Feb 2008 7:51 PM by Dar dar123 Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

hiya thanks for your help it has been great !!!!!  i found dog websites for pugs in the uk for sale !!!  unnfortunatly i not allowed one till were are not in rented accomadation !!!!! THANKS THOUGH !!!!   

DARCY XXXXXXXX :)

Like 0      
28 Feb 2008 9:59 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

There you are, Darcy, we missed you.

Why not join The UK Pug Dog Club to keep you keen.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Compare car hire prices Alicante airport etc............ - 0 posts
Compare car hire prices Malaga airport etc....... - 0 posts
Panorama Park - 0 posts
sierra nevada - 2 posts
Opinions Please: Strange Rental Situation - 15 posts
recommendations for traditional spanish restaurant welcome - 4 posts
Did you realise clutch & engine "misuse" isn't covered with some companies ? - 9 posts
Car Trailer for sale - 0 posts
McCormick Farmhall Cub Tractor - 1 posts
Solar batteries for sale - 1 posts
advice needed - 5 posts
Help!!! - 7 posts
Habitation license for Terrazas de Torreblanca - 1 posts
spanish or international school? - 36 posts
Advice on obtaining rightful information from community management - 2 posts
buying in el manantial playa flamenca, anyone else bought there yet??? - 0 posts
All you need to know about driving in Spain with a European licence - 19 posts
Car rental - 5 posts
Newsletter Alert! - 42 posts
good state school near sotogrande - 12 posts
2nd home in Spain - has the dream been tarnished? - 41 posts
Insurance companies - 9 posts
Drive-by valuation - 7 posts
driving to spain - 16 posts
help!! - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x