We may just go beyond the date we fixed the exchange rate for

Currency exchange Spain
Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Jan 2007 12:00 AM by kelju Star rating in South Yorkshire . 300 posts Send private message

kelju´s avatar
Totally new to this game.  We are in the process of purchasing and have fixed our exchange rate with HiFX until the 30th January 2007.  We did this on the 1st December thinking that it allowed plenty of time to raise the deposit through the re-mortgage of a property, our IFA said it would take about 3-4 weeks for everything to go through.

Does anyone know what happens with HiFX and the deposit we have paid / exchange rate agreed if we do not have the funds available to complete by the transaction by the due date?

Like 0      
11 Jan 2007 1:56 PM by leeabby Star rating in Old Kilpatrick, Glas.... 140 posts Send private message

leeabby´s avatar

Hi ,

We also dealt with HiFX but our time limits were only days- ie we got a rate, and the money should have been there within 48 hours, we explained that it would take our bank  3 days to get the money there and they accepted it.

Therefore if you're only going to be a couple of days out, it might not matter, if you're more than that they may give you a lower exchange rate, dependent on the rate at the time ie if the rate is better, they'll stick with what they offered you originally, if worse, they may cut your rate. 

I think that you should give them a quick call and explain your position, I've found them very helpful, even on general enquiries.

Good luck!!

Sharon

Like 0      
01 Feb 2007 7:25 PM by kelju Star rating in South Yorkshire . 300 posts Send private message

kelju´s avatar

Thanks for the reply Sharon.  I got the money into my Bank Account in the afternoon of the 30th (the last day) and managed to get to the bank with minutes to spare to authorise a CHAPS transfer to HiFX.  The counter staff then informed me that sending the CHAPS Fax was no gurantee that the money would reach the designated account on the same day.

So I rang HiFX and explained the situation and as you said they were very understanding and told me not to worry as they are "...not to a couple of days..."

Peace of mind at last.

Like 0      
01 Feb 2007 8:30 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar
Whew, you really must be over the moon, Kelju. Well done.

Like 0      
13 Mar 2007 10:26 PM by kevinm Star rating in Somewhere so nice, i.... 26 posts Send private message

Hi Kelju

You may be interest in looking at "HiFX problems, delays transferring money" on this site. I have just had to warn them that I will take them to court if they do not settle my claim in the next two weeks. It appears that they are OK when there are no problems, but when things go wrong they just dump you. We were put in breach of contract and could not complete on out Spanish home because (it seems) of their ill-managed computer system upgrade and now we are told they did nothing wrong (not quite what I was told at the time!)

My advice - don't use HiFX.

Like 0      
13 Mar 2007 10:32 PM by tinto. Star rating in Scotland & Nr Estepo.... 243 posts Send private message

tinto.´s avatar
I had much the same problems with Foreign Currency Direct

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

BMI have cancelled their route Heathrow to Alicante Sept to July - 0 posts
Patrimonio Familiar - 7 posts
Can anyone recommend a good agent - 18 posts
el rincon - 2 posts
THINKING OF MOVING TO SPAIN? - 0 posts
Spanish or British ???? - 20 posts
Developer Fees - 16 posts
Taxation from 2007 - 0 posts
!!How much is property in Spain and can a us citizen buy some!! - 2 posts
What UK companies can help us to rent our our villa - 14 posts
Flight from Doncaster to Alicante - 0 posts
General - Status of Phase I & II - 2 posts
Villamartin & Punta Marina - 15 posts
Property Management - 42 posts
Condensation/Dampness - 28 posts
Living Permanently at Roda Golf - 0 posts
MRS STELLA DUNTON - 1 posts
Getting hold of an NIE number - 7 posts
Fuerteventuramar II - 3 posts
Furniture Recommendation - 16 posts
Happy New Year to You All - 0 posts
Finestrat - 1 posts
DISTRESSED PROPERTY SALES - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x