What UK companies can help us to rent our our villa

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
09 Jan 2007 12:00 AM by letissier123 Star rating in North of England. 15 posts Send private message

We have bought a two-bed, two-bathroomed villa close to Calsparra, in Murcia, which is scheduled to be completed in April 2007. We were told by a Parador rep that we should expect £400 a week rental on a high season of 10 weeks and rental the rest of the time would be uncertain considering that we are 50 minutes from the coast.
We have contacted an agency in Calasparra who are very helpful and are obviously experts on the local area. The good news was that they said how beautiful and popular the area was and that they were confident that we should be able to rent the villa out for seven or eight months a year. The bad news was that the prices they were suggesting seem ridiculously low, as low as 350 euros a month which, I think, is not much more than £50 a week. They say that a three-bed apartment in the town itself earns 350 euros a month. I spoke to Parador about this and they say that we will get a lot less if we rent it out in Spain rather than run everthing from the UK for obvious reasons. There must be thousands of you out there in a similar situation. Can anyone please recommend a UK company that could help us?
Many thanks

Like 0      
09 Jan 2007 6:37 PM by bimbo Star rating in Scotland. 7 posts Send private message

hi mike
we have recently purchased a property in La Zenia and decided to maeket it ourselves as the letting compnay wanted 12% of let value.
we produced a brochure and started sending it out to all prospective clients so far we have 14 weeks rented for 2007 hoping to pick up some more now christmas has passed
it took a lot of work but i think it has been worth it We are charging £300 high season and £250 low season this includes air con and cleaning.
hope this gives you some ideas

Like 0      
10 Jan 2007 11:36 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

Hi Mike a common comment on the rental threads is that those who do best work the business themselves. Certainly on holiday lets - throughout Spain - dont limit yourselves to UK either - find websites that are attracting other European nationalities I have clients who have been very successful with this. Try to get onlarge company intranets if you know anyone or HMG - NHS etc. Consider golf clubs, social clubs etc.

Reckon the 350€ per month was on a long term contract - not short term and it appears to me you want to target the holiday market.

Rgds

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
15 Jan 2007 4:15 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar
Our friend just uses local free papers in UK to market her rental & claims she does ok, especially with rebookings.

Like 0      
21 Jan 2007 5:01 PM by Darren Ward Star rating in Lytham St Annes & Ju.... 277 posts Send private message

Darren Ward´s avatar
Mike,

Have dropped you a PM. There are numerous ways to market your property, some mentioned below and other more obscure ways. Good PM companies will already have a route to market through associated International businesses who in turn offer the rental properties 'To Let' as Sales Incentives or as part of an Employment Package.

There are a number of websites that will also be beneficial, some already covered in previous posts on E.o.S (or ask Justin). Bad as you may think...you should also target the 'mass' audience and offer 52 x 1 week Lets on Ebay, I said it was bad but it's amazing the response you get and payment is made upfront using PayPal.

In short, use every method of advertising possible, limit the amount of outgoing cost associated and that way your ROI is more yielding.

Darren

Darren & Michelle R17 - No.54

www.santaana-pm.com

Like 0      
23 Jan 2007 12:15 AM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
HI Darren thats an interesting thought about E Bay - is it done under an auction process or just on standard payment for the week? My view is the more taps you have dripping the more water collects - sorry its late and cant think of anything more appropriate other than the more s?¿t you throw at the walls......................

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
23 Jan 2007 8:20 PM by Steve2348 Star rating in Northumberland, U.K. 1 posts Send private message

Hello, one and all. This is my very first post, so excuse any errors. I am one of those rare people it would seem that actually wants to let a property on a long term basis. A nice, child friendly, 3 Bedroomed property within striking distance of La Cala, Costa Del Sol and schooling for a five year old.

One could be fooled into believing this is easy, in an era of empty properties and agencies fighting over cash holding tenants, but not so. Agencies I have found give the impression that properties are few on the ground and the rents rather steep 1200 euros often the norm and they allways suggest that buying is a far better option, which obviously it would be from their fee collecting prospective.

Would someone more knowledgeable please point me in the right direction. Many thanks. 

Like 0      
23 Jan 2007 8:22 PM by Darren Ward Star rating in Lytham St Annes & Ju.... 277 posts Send private message

Darren Ward´s avatar

Smiley

You'll find so far it's an untapped market which is about to expand enormously for rental properties, there are a whole host of companies who'll host an advert for renting but none get the exposure of E-Bay. To a point, E-bay think it's has such a potential that they have started a seperate arm to the business called Rent.com but thats more for 'Domestic' properties.

Beauty for the Homeowner, if it's done through Paypal, you get paid we'll in advance 100% to secure the week you desire and also have an audit trail if you experience any trouble with occupants. It's all done on standard payment however for peak season, you could set the starting bid at what you are hoping to take and let them bid for higher.

Blimey, anyone would think I was working for them !!!!

Of course what you could do yourself, is set youself up as an E-Bay Power-Seller and advertise all the Members properties on there for a small Admin fee I'm sure !!!!! :-), saving them the trouble !

That'll be £20.00 for the Consultancy !!!!

Darren

www.santaana-pm.com

Like 0      
24 Jan 2007 12:03 AM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

Hi Steve how striking to La Cala does it need to be and what do you have in mind on budget. PM me if you like or e mail to patrick@marbellamortgages.com I have some friends who have completed in various areas that would probably be delighted to let on long term - alternatively have a look in the Sur in English, Euro Weekly etc. To be fair that close to the coast I suspect it unlikely you will find much less than 1200 a month long term for three bed. Maybe 1000 but can ask around for you. Do you drive and how far afield would you go - if Elviria suits might have a guy with ine there - guess 10 mniutes to La Cala mas o menos.

What a good idea Darren pehaps Justin should take a view on that

Like 0      
24 Jan 2007 8:49 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Darren, I like your E-Bay idea.  I did some tests with E-Bay last year but found that I was spending too much time on it.  I started writing some software to make my life easier but other commitments made me give up in the end.

I definitely agree with you, there is a lot of potential there but it really needs to be done by people who know what they are doing to really maximise the listings.  Personally I rarely use E-Bay but it's just such an obvious tool for free (ish) traffic.  I'd be interested to know how you get on if you decide to have a stab at it.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
24 Jan 2007 10:29 AM by Darren Ward Star rating in Lytham St Annes & Ju.... 277 posts Send private message

Darren Ward´s avatar

Justin,

I'm in the same boat as yourself, far to busy to focus a lot of time scouring ebay etc.

A thought though for potential Lettings

BR

Darren

www.santaana-pm.com

Like 0      
24 Jan 2007 4:25 PM by rose gowans Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Steve,

Email me your details.  I may have property in La Cala to offer you.  For your information there is a school bus which takes the children to the school in La Cala.

Kind regards,

Rose Gowans

Qualis Development

Like 0      
24 Jan 2007 4:28 PM by rose gowans Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Steve

Sorry though email address automatically came up.

It is   rosegowans@yahoo.co.uk

Cheers

Rose G.

Qualis Development

Like 0      
26 Jan 2007 9:44 AM by Informer Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

If you are looking to rent your Spanish property Google search engine will help by searching for property managment company in the area your property is situated.
I believe the best companies to use are sole management companies that include extras rather than Sales companies that do managment as an extra service. This is a big factor when trying to find a company that care for your interests and your property first with a team set up directly for managment and rentals long or short term.
New age managment will also be a much better way of keeping your eye on the ball while in your resident country, these companies have full extensive online websites that include owner areas to see whats happening with your property at all times.

This message was last edited by Informer on 1/27/2007.

Like 0      
27 Jan 2007 1:44 PM by Darren Ward Star rating in Lytham St Annes & Ju.... 277 posts Send private message

Darren Ward´s avatar

Informer, never a truer word spoken.

Justin, we hope you don't mind us extending our offer on this thread -

All,

If you have 'surfed' Justin's site fully,  hopefully  you would have seen a structural change to the topics page on the Residencial Santa Ana del Monte message board to include the promotion of Santa Ana del Monte Property Management. After considerable research into potential methodologies to advertise, only one stood head and shoulders above the rest.

Justin and the team at Eye on Spain are committed in bringing together communities and pubicising important, related media regarding a multitude of developments, whilst retaining a friendly 'light-hearted' look and feel to the message boards. In addition, as a business, we had one objective in mind, how do we take our business and ethics out to the mass. Once again, no one compared to the market E.o.S targets and the results they achieve, just by entering the name of the business into Google brought the E.o.S website up on a number of occassions, all on the 'front page' which is critical if you seriously want people to know about your business.

We would personally like to thank Justin and his team in allowing us to use this media for our business purposes and, in order to show our gratitude, SADMPM would like to extend an offer to all E.o.S Members, not just on this thread, for a 20% discount off of the Management Fees. Please quote 'E.o.S Member Offer' through our Website 'Contact Us' page. We seek NO contractual obligation or payment until properties are released. As 'Informer' indicates, we are a Sole Management company and not alligned to any Slaes Agents.

Kind Regards

Darren Ward - Santa Ana del Monte Property Management

www.santaana-pm.com

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Flight from Doncaster to Alicante - 0 posts
General - Status of Phase I & II - 2 posts
Villamartin & Punta Marina - 15 posts
Property Management - 42 posts
Condensation/Dampness - 28 posts
Living Permanently at Roda Golf - 0 posts
MRS STELLA DUNTON - 1 posts
Getting hold of an NIE number - 7 posts
Fuerteventuramar II - 3 posts
Furniture Recommendation - 16 posts
Happy New Year to You All - 0 posts
Finestrat - 1 posts
DISTRESSED PROPERTY SALES - 7 posts
Villa Cashback for For Polaris World - 0 posts
Angel De Miraflores - 17 posts
Pension? - 25 posts
Whats Happening? - 24 posts
State of the rentals market - 14 posts
I'm moving to spain some advice please - 47 posts
caretaker/cleaner - 0 posts
State of the Rentals Market - 14 posts
Ross Legal Services - 3 posts
Developer fees - 3 posts
Spanish Retreat Security, Reduce crime! - 0 posts
Security in the Costa Blanca area - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 15

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x