La Campaneta

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 Oct 2007 12:00 AM by tired of waiting Star rating in navan,ireland.. 100 posts Send private message

Packing my bag for an early flight in the morning for 4 days in CDS to check on property progress in La Cala de Mijas. Whats the weather like please before I close the suitcase ?

Helen

Like 0      
21 Oct 2007 7:43 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
Shorts and Tees for the day OK, may want long pants/sleeves for the evenings. Possible showers - most likely at night though.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
23 Oct 2007 1:51 PM by tired of waiting Star rating in navan,ireland.. 100 posts Send private message

Thanks Roberto, am here and its fab !!!!!!

Helen

Like 0      
24 Oct 2007 10:18 AM by Rusty2712 Star rating in Benalmadena Costa. 71 posts Send private message

Hi Roberto,

Got that one wrong then (He He). Actually it has been very good for October me thinks, just put quilt on last night for first time.

Like 0      
24 Oct 2007 1:13 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
Was wet this morning but sun just coming through now!!! And blue sky!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
24 Oct 2007 1:40 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
October has been brilliant so far - consequently reservoirs are low though and the local natives are moaning we need rain while the Brits all think its fantastic.

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
24 Oct 2007 3:11 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Don't know what you mean, Rusty. I'm still sleeping naked on my deck....DECK, I said! You must be "nesh". When I were a lad....etc etc. Little bit of rain this morning, but not enough to flood the garage, so not really significant - at least not in Presidential Worries terms. Still (stubbornly, perhaps) in shorts & tees; I won't give in until November! As for the tourists - well, the Brits at least, they'll be in flip flops & singlets until January. The Spaniards are already wearing their winter woolies, and the banks & Corte Ingles have the thermostats up to max.

Like your new signature, Smiley. Obviously the silly b*tch who said that didn't realise winning 2.5 million is enough to bring all sorts of friends you didn't know you had knocking on your door, without making an open invitation to share it!

Mark Twain

Like 0      
24 Oct 2007 3:51 PM by Rusty2712 Star rating in Benalmadena Costa. 71 posts Send private message

Roberto,

When I was a lad we had central heating!!!!! Anyway it has become sunny again, it may have just been last night I was cold........

Not allowed to wear shorts at work although probably a good thing. Yeah always gets me with the tourists when I am under a heater in the bar wiv me coat on and they are sat that in fliflops, string vest n shorts.

Like 0      
24 Oct 2007 4:06 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Us Spaniards have been in winter woolies since 22nd september - official winter start in Spain! I remember when I fist came to Spain, son was nearly 4 (crikey where does time go???) Anyway, he was in school in march, when teacher pulls me aside and says that could I put him in trousers please as its still officially winter until after Easter. Chris had shorts on everyday so I enquired what the problem was.

Apparently some of the other kids in his class were trying to cut their trouser legs off to be like him!

Well, it WAS well in the twenty degrees at the time!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
24 Oct 2007 4:17 PM by Rusty2712 Star rating in Benalmadena Costa. 71 posts Send private message

Ah how we all thought it was going to be soooooo hot in the winter, I remember leaving my caots behind and just taking one jacket and a couple of jumpers and then hastily buying some when I got here.

Still my general explanation (to tourists) is that it is all comparative......we have 30-40 in summer so of course its cold when it gets to less than 20. Bit like summer/winter in England without the snow, ice, rain (well not as much).

Does anyone else find that they apologise to relatives and friends if they come across and the weather has a few days off???? I do!!!

Like 0      
24 Oct 2007 4:23 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

"Does anyone else find that they apologise to relatives and friends if they come across and the weather has a few days off???? I do!!!"

No, I only find I have to apologise to the neighbours for the sight of oil-slickened rellies in their skimpies, lounging around the pool in what they consider deep dark mid-winter!

Mark Twain

Like 0      
24 Oct 2007 5:49 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Just so long as they dont bring their dwarves and fire up their stogies while having an early evening Magno by the pool!! Skimpies or not!! 

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Hi all - 5 posts
YOUR MUSIC HERE (LET US KNOW WHAT YOU LIKE) - 0 posts
english phones in spain. - 4 posts
AEA Community Charge - 5 posts
A succesful trip - 1 posts
looking for a web-site can you help please - 4 posts
Finacially better to be married in Spain? - 4 posts
all saints day and halloween query? - 9 posts
Need for Coffee - Sandwitch bars - 2 posts
Car Hire - Mandatory Accessories - 20 posts
Almoradi - 7 posts
hola - 1 posts
CAR HIRE - 112 posts
cheap flights - 0 posts
Anyone in Manilva - and you Justin! - 11 posts
Renovating - 0 posts
Non Completion and Furniture Pack Rights - 1 posts
Xmas dinner - 76 posts
Sunset Beach Torrevieja, CB - 0 posts
LINDA QUINN - 1 posts
music - 1 posts
Work permits, et al for Spanish Employment - 2 posts
Pregnant when you move to spain - 2 posts
Buying a property with a Ltd Co - 2 posts
Los Noranjos Apartments in Terque - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 12

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x