excess energy from solar panels

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Jul 2023 5:17 PM by carlyoung Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

I don't know if anyone here has solar panels, but I heard last year, rumours that you might be able to transfer excess energy produced by your panels to another user... During these hot months I estimate 90% of the power my panels are producing are nicely going to these greedy electricity companies, Endesa etc.
It would be great to transfer it to my son's flat for example. Does anyone know of any companies that offer any such services?

Thanks

Like 0      
28 Jul 2023 5:28 AM by Rint1997 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Net metering is an electric billing tool that uses the electric grid to “store” excess energy produced by your solar panel system. Under net metering, the energy produced by your solar panels that you don’t use is credited back to you. Another way to utilize the excess energy generated by a solar system is to store it in a battery. Then, you can send the battery to your soon. Actually, I have never tried this before.

tiny fishing

This message was last edited by Rint1997 on 7/29/2023.

Like 0      
29 Jul 2023 10:57 AM by Kayleighosborne Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Net metering is a system where the excess energy produced by your solar panels can be returned to the grid, and you receive credit for this energy. Alternatively, you can store this surplus energy in a battery for later use, like in the evening or during power outages. This stored energy can then be used when your solar panels are not generating electricity, maximizing the utilization of your solar system.

embed

Like 0      
29 Jul 2023 6:17 PM by carlyoung Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

Thanks Rint and Kayleigh... I do have batteries for storage. but way too complicated to transport them to my son's flat on a daily basis.
They hold enough power for all our energy consumption during darker hours

there doesn't seem to be much info about net metering in spain.  I did see this headline: ..."The Spanish government has proposed a Royal Decree with new self-consumption regulation which is expected to be approved in March or April. According to the new rules, power surpluses may be shared with other consumers or fed to the grid."........

this was in 2019 but I think it is only for people with energy production of 100kw +.

As far as I know, the occasional consumption I make of Endesa's electricity is nullified by the amount they take from me.  But since they are taking VAST amounts of my energy, really I should also be able to transfer some of that energy to another consumer or two.

Like 0      
16 Jan 2024 2:38 PM by ComonDanny Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

You could also look into local energy cooperatives or community solar programs. They often allow people to share and trade solar energy. I've heard a lot of good things about solar panels dublin. Just a suggestion.

This message was last edited by ComonDanny on 1/22/2024.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

How to find who owns GE Mortgage book now? - 6 posts
Murcia area -20 year rule for legalisation. - 20 posts
Touring caravan - 6 posts
UK to Spain (Madrid) - 1 posts
Calls to UK - 2 posts
Only 1,800 British Citizens have entered Spain on a NLV since its introduction. - 14 posts
Only 1% of new builds being bought by the British - 13 posts
Builder changed quote and over charging. Threatening court if I don’t pay the extra - 3 posts
Scammers on EOS by Private Messages - 2 posts
As a UK guy what is the difference between 'Saldo Actual' and 'Saldo Disponible' for Spanish current accounts (say BBVA for example) - 7 posts
Ayúdame a elegir hosting para mi sitio web - 0 posts
La ley mordaza - 0 posts
Jatar - 0 posts
Duty to repair - 2 posts
Energia XXI no bills since December 2022 - 2 posts
Property - 2 posts
Question on setting up cycling holiday company from the UK - 1 posts
Necessary Repairs - 1 posts
Sailing to Spain Ferry membership - 0 posts
Check your passport signature!! - 18 posts
Does deed name change need to be made on selling? - 5 posts
AFAs, DAFAs or SAFAs - 1 posts
The Wanderer pauses - 0 posts
Question for Maria. How long can Spanish courts hold claimants monies and what are the rules governing interim interest? - 13 posts
Autonomo and foreign income (from France) - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x