How to find who owns GE Mortgage book now?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Jul 2023 8:11 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Rather stupidly, we have lost touch with our mortgage holder (no need to flame me for it, I know it's my fault). When we moved several years ago, it was one of those things we didn't update as it wasn't a priority. However, we now want to move and see what we owe, but are struggling to find who owns the mortgage now as it has changed several times in the past. The last owners were Pepper and there used to be a forum member here that worked for them, but have been unable to contact them. I did have an email contact I found, but that bounces back. the Pepper website now reports some other company and emails to enquiries/ postmaster/ admin at the Pepper domain bounce back. That said, the direct debit still says Pepper, so they must still exist in some format.

If anyone in the mortgage industry reading this knows of any contacts, or can advise how we go about finding them it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Like 0      
20 Jul 2023 9:58 AM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Stop the payments, they will soon get in touch then, but keep the mortgage money put aside.

Like 1      
20 Jul 2023 6:47 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

That doesn't help as they can only send communications to my old address.

Like 0      
26 Jul 2023 10:24 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Still struggling. All roads leading to non answered contact forms or bounced emails. Any mortgage brokers or solicitors looking in on this and willing to share with me the best way to track them down, it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Like 0      
26 Jul 2023 11:35 PM by TFiLondon Star rating in East Sussex. 29 posts Send private message

Hi, are you referring to a UK property? I am have been familiar with GE being a loan provider in the UK in the past, not sure of their current, if at all, involvement... however, if we are referencing a UK property, an application to HM Land Registry will have the contact information required?

Like 0      
27 Jul 2023 8:21 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Thanks for your reply, but no, this is a Spanish property. the mortgage was sold many times by GE when all the "bad loans" palaver was happening. In amongst all that, we moved and it was one of those we didn't get around to notifying of the move as it wasn't a priority at the time, and was subsequently forgotten. I know a company called Pepper was evetually servicing the mortgages, and that is what is says on my direct debit. However. Websites are not resolving, emails are bouncing and when you use their corporate HQ email, it is ignored. there was a user on here once that worked for the GE mortgage book, I made contact relatively recently (the last month or so), but that has all gone quiet now too sad

We want to sell up, but without knowing who holds the mortgage, it makes it that bit more difficult.

Like 0      
28 Jul 2023 7:29 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I have now managed to re- stablish contact with the people dealing with the GE portfolio now. Fingers crossed for a decent outcome smiley

Like 1      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Murcia area -20 year rule for legalisation. - 20 posts
Touring caravan - 6 posts
UK to Spain (Madrid) - 1 posts
Calls to UK - 2 posts
Only 1,800 British Citizens have entered Spain on a NLV since its introduction. - 14 posts
Only 1% of new builds being bought by the British - 13 posts
Builder changed quote and over charging. Threatening court if I don’t pay the extra - 3 posts
Scammers on EOS by Private Messages - 2 posts
As a UK guy what is the difference between 'Saldo Actual' and 'Saldo Disponible' for Spanish current accounts (say BBVA for example) - 7 posts
Ayúdame a elegir hosting para mi sitio web - 0 posts
La ley mordaza - 0 posts
Jatar - 0 posts
Duty to repair - 2 posts
Energia XXI no bills since December 2022 - 2 posts
Property - 2 posts
Question on setting up cycling holiday company from the UK - 1 posts
Necessary Repairs - 1 posts
Sailing to Spain Ferry membership - 0 posts
Check your passport signature!! - 18 posts
Does deed name change need to be made on selling? - 5 posts
AFAs, DAFAs or SAFAs - 1 posts
The Wanderer pauses - 0 posts
Question for Maria. How long can Spanish courts hold claimants monies and what are the rules governing interim interest? - 13 posts
Autonomo and foreign income (from France) - 4 posts
Recommended builders - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x