Removals from enland to spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 May 2008 5:47 PM by J&N Star rating in Nottinghamshire. 342 posts Send private message

J&N´s avatar
Hi, I have sent you a pm.

Countdown Clocks at WishAFriend.com

Jacqui

http://relocatetospain.blogspot.com our adventure from deciding to move to Spain to being here and moving back to the UK.

Like 0      
05 May 2008 2:18 AM by scrufty Star rating. 157 posts Send private message

scrufty´s avatar

Try a google search for Gap Solutions, they were excellent and they do cars.

Like 0      
06 May 2008 6:21 PM by AJB1 Star rating in Benahavis, Costa del.... 63 posts Send private message

Thanks Scrufty, but unfortunately Gap Solutions don´t come down as far as Costa del Sol.

Like 0      
07 May 2008 4:09 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Saw a van coming up the M5 today with a company called Bishops International Movers plastered all over it. Dunnot what they are like?

Mar

Like 0      
19 May 2008 11:42 AM by suegonsalves Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 2 posts Send private message

Hi there,

I would recommend that you check that any company are members of BAR (British Association of Removers) as we have just had an horrendous experience with a company called Universal Removals - DO NOT GO THERE!  Also be sure that the company you book is the actual one doing the removal and shipping and bringing to its final destination or you could end up like us with having 4 different companies involved and all passing the blame on to the other.  The guy we got basically had a phone and a few contacts and a wonderful website, but essentially subbed the work out and did nothing himself apart from co-ordinate which he fouled up on anyway!  Good luck but be very careful.  Sue

Like 0      
19 May 2008 10:39 PM by Poppyseed Star rating. 897 posts Send private message

We used Britannia Removals - forget it....they lost some very precious items ( our wedding album from 37 years ago, also wedding dress, a limited edition print given as a gift and other bits and bobs), damaged furniture, were very expensive and  they didn't even have the decency to apologise. All very distressing.  They gave one quote, collected the stuff , took it to storage and then phoned and said they'd underquoted! They also contract out a lot, our belongings were collected by a Britannia van but delivered in s Sterling van, our belongings  all mixed up with other deliveries.
Good Luck.

Poppyseed

Like 0      
20 May 2008 9:08 AM by AJB1 Star rating in Benahavis, Costa del.... 63 posts Send private message

Has anyone used Anchor Vehicle Logistics?

They've provided the best quote so far (£550 +VAT).

Like 0      
20 May 2008 12:40 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
For what though, AJB

Like 0      
20 May 2008 12:51 PM by AJB1 Star rating in Benahavis, Costa del.... 63 posts Send private message

They've quoted £550 +VAT to bring my car over to CDS from Kent - door to door service with my personal effects inside. I'm just wondering whether they're reliable as I haven't read any posts about them.

Like 0      
20 May 2008 1:08 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Thanks AJB. I thought you were meaning a general removal company in which case I was thinking what cubic capacity. 
Makes sense now.

Like 0      
20 May 2008 4:04 PM by Sonia El Star rating in Wales / Carvajal, F.... 212 posts Send private message

AJBI, Sorry no idea whether that's good value or not but from experience petrol costs would be quite high so seems reasonable.  Would that be on the back of a transporter or are they driving it across? I'd be concerned if the latter!  You don't fancy the drive then? 

Not used any removal firms to Spain but from personal experience in the UK seems to be that something always gets broken and / or lost.  It's almost like you say ' no that doesn't come apart' and they insist that it does and 'oops' it's too late.

Like 0      
20 May 2008 4:56 PM by AJB1 Star rating in Benahavis, Costa del.... 63 posts Send private message

Hi Sonia

Well we've already driven one car over and don't have the time to drive the other over due to job hunts and interviews etc.

I'm hoping they don't break anything as they shouldn't really be touching anything in the car - all they'll be doing is putting the car on a transporter and delivering door to door. They have warned me that I need to make sure boxes/cases are accessible by customs and excise in case they need to check what's in them.

I'll be insuring the contents of the car, just in case.

I've now had identical quotes from Anchor Vehicle Logistics and Motor Mania (www.carstospain.com) and have to decide which company to use!

Has anyone used either?

Like 0      
20 May 2008 5:09 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
AJB look HERE (I just Googled for "Anchor Vehicle Logistics reviews".)

Did same for other one you asked about CARSTOSPAIN REVIEW  

but I realise you want our members reviews.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 5/20/2008.

Like 0      
15 Jul 2008 9:41 AM by UJ Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

I can certainly recommend a company NEVER to use. They are called Transmove and they're based in Dartford, Kent. 

They wanted payment up front and then failed to return a single one (I am not exaggerating) of my 20 or so calls to them. When they finally gave me a date for my things to be delivered in Galicia, it was the lorry driver himself who told me that date would be impossible - with the result that I had to pay for storage in Spain, until we were there again.

Be warned: they are cheaper than many quotes but once they have your money they will cease communications and even lie to you.

Like 0      
04 Sep 2008 9:53 PM by g9lou Star rating. 74 posts Send private message

Slight deviation from orriginal post, but we have found spanish pation furnitue Very Very expensive( especially as the euro is so strong). I was woundering how we could ship or fly over some furniture from the Uk and ho wmuch it would cost. Is it worth it?
cheers in anticipation
lou

Like 0      
03 Dec 2008 10:20 PM by flog-it Star rating in Campo de Ricote, Mur.... 125 posts Send private message

flog-it´s avatar

I know I am very late here and I hate to plug the competition but....  Bishops are brilliant, Britannia are usually good, and around £600 all in for bringing a car down to CDS is good for driving it but I would allow a little more for an "on the truck" load.

Like 0      
03 Dec 2008 11:01 PM by Poppyseed Star rating. 897 posts Send private message

No, no, no, Britannia are rubbish, DON'T even consider them. See my post 19 May.

Regards, Poppyseed

Poppyseed

Like 0      
04 Dec 2008 10:02 AM by flog-it Star rating in Campo de Ricote, Mur.... 125 posts Send private message

flog-it´s avatar

Sorry I didn't read that far back. I guess everybody is entitled to a cock-up every now and again and Britannia have some good reviews but it looks like in your case they staged it with another company without telling you which was wrong and it does not matter which company actually messed up, the buck stops at Britannia as your contract was with them. The problem sometimes with that kind of deal is that if the subcontracted company messes up, the main contract holder cannot claim against them even if they are insured due to "clauses" in the insurance. This leads to confusion and is bad for the client. We never stage anything, too risky. It's bad enough if we damage anything but for somebody else to do damage something on our behalf is even worse.

Like 0      
04 Dec 2008 11:33 AM by rash29 Star rating in Hurchillo, Orihuela.. 77 posts Send private message

rash29´s avatar

Hiya

We found it was cheaper and more convenient for us to drive here. We didn't have much stuff either and our whole 3 bedroom house/loft and shed items fitted in the one-way hire van. It was ideal as you pick up the van from Salisbury and then drop off in Jacarilla. This village is round the corner from us so it was great. I would definitely recommend them, we had no issues with the van and we got here in 1.5 days.

Like 0      
04 Dec 2008 12:38 PM by Poppyseed Star rating. 897 posts Send private message

With all due respect Flog-It I don't think anyone is 'entitled' to cock up now and again, but as mere humans it does happen. However in our case it wasn't an accidental mistake, it was a complete and utter shambles due to lack of care and organization and was avoidable. Also a measure of  a company is the way they deal with issues when something  does go wrong. I asked Britannia if they could try and trace my stuff and I received the reply 'huh, wouldn't know where to start'. Well I could have made a few suggestions of where to start. The attitude of Britannia was shocking, aggrogant and sarcastic. Let's not forget that when people hire a removal company they are placing a lot of trust in them to take care of often treasured posessions that can't be replaced and  to treat them and their goods with respect.. Our botched removal cost over £3,000 and a lot of heartache.

Can you tell me where reviews can be posted please. Thanks,

Poppyseed.

Poppyseed

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

NIE - 5 posts
Working in spain - 3 posts
Family Allowance - 5 posts
Any spanish mortgage experts out there? (in need of 100% mortgage, and 'bad credit' mortgages general advice) - 1 posts
Landrover for sale, - 2 posts
Torre Pacheco - 0 posts
Territorial Army, proud to say the least! - 1 posts
Apartment complex not to specification and Bank Guarantees - 12 posts
What is the best way of learning Spanish at home? - 51 posts
Marketing your property - 0 posts
Winter clothes? - 22 posts
SELLING OFF PLAN IN SAN CAYETANO BEFORE COMPLETION, CAN THAT BE DONE - 1 posts
Eye on Spain & Spanish Property Insight - 8 posts
What happens to the development forum once the build is finished? - 1 posts
Hello from "sunny" Espania! - 11 posts
New Member - 1 posts
Electrics - 15 posts
NIE numbers - 2 posts
Must be mad starting up a real estate agency in vera playa/mojacar - 4 posts
Pat & Wes - 1 posts
6,000,000...............seat's........? ? - 19 posts
Education: First Job in Spain/UK, University in Spain/UK or Gap Year????? - 3 posts
What a pants exchange rate!!! - 4 posts
Vodafone Sim Card - 9 posts
SOMEONE IS SELLING OUR PROPERTY ON EYEONSPAIN WITHOUT OUR PERMISSION, DESPITE CONTACTING EYEONSPAIN SEVERALTIMES TO COMPLAIN, WITHOUT REPLY - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 41

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x