Term Life Insurance, Banks Abusing Clients Again

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Jan 2017 12:15 PM by Destry Star rating in MYOB . 289 posts Send private message

ET, term assurance can cover you for death, terminal illness etc, for a particular sum assured during a selected term of cover. Now what else would you like to know from someone who has 'no knowledge of a subject' ?

Like 0      
17 Jan 2017 12:29 PM by Elsietanner Star rating in Alicante & New York. 164 posts Send private message

Elsietanner´s avatar

Thank you Destry are you qualified and authorised to give advice on this subject? I assume you must be or you would not be wasting your time on posting on the subject. I know EOS is a forum for any member to post on, mostly because they are bored, but on occasions there are professionals on EOS like yourself. Could you advise me and give me a quote. Are you regulated with the FCA?.

Like 0      
17 Jan 2017 1:22 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9403 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Continuing on the topic:

There are several Courts in Spain which consider that mortgage clauses that make  Life Insurances obligatory for the hiring of a mortgage are abusive according to provision 84 of the Spanish Consumer Act, if the client was not sufficiently informed before contracting the insurance, it was imposed on the client or it was never requested by him.  

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 2      
17 Jan 2017 8:50 PM by Nev1967 Star rating in Wales. 15 posts Send private message

Sabadell saying I`m stuck with this offer, I have offered  proof of my employers life insurance but I'm not getting anywhere.

What can I do if anything.

Like 0      
18 Jan 2017 12:29 AM by MikeandHelen Star rating. 193 posts Send private message

Nev,

It was Banco Sabbadell that we had our problem with. We took out new policies with Miquel of Liberty Seguro in Los Alcazares due to teh outrageous amounts that we were paying. Miguel submits the paperwork to Head Office and deals with them, not the local branch, which I guess yours may be the same as ours. In hindsight we should have also submitted the paperwork on the branch in person ourselves as well, then there my have been less of a communication issue with the bank and their head office.

I personally, with respect to the acutal cost of the insurance through a broker in Spain, would say that it's easier (and better if worst happens) to have a Spanish policy as well. Having said that, when i was working the bank did acceot that I was adequtely insured, the probelm was with my wife's policy.

Hope this helps.

Mike. 

Like 0      
18 Jan 2017 7:42 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9403 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

I am afraid, you have two options:

1. Accept and proceed to the claim procedure I described in the post 13 Jan 2017 15:16 

2. Look for other financial entities

I would be happy to send a letter to the Bank and see reaction. Contact me if you wish

Cheers

M

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Return car with expired ITV - 5 posts
LA NUCIA TOWN - 0 posts
CAPITAL GAINS TAX DUE ON SALE OF UK PROPERTY - 8 posts
Bargain Loving Brit's In Spain on Thursday night channel 5 UK 8pm - 0 posts
Driving to Spain and paying tolls! - 7 posts
Divorce Attorney - 1 posts
newbie with questions for the community! - 15 posts
Attempting a move to Spain - 0 posts
Cream leather corner sofa - 0 posts
Dream or reality - 49 posts
Somewhere to settle for 3 months with an idea of staying long term - 4 posts
Corvera entered receivership - 6 posts
Advice please - 3 posts
Modelo 210 - 3 posts
IBI Bill torre pacheco area - 2 posts
Seguro Parking - 14 posts
Cost of House Purchase - 24 posts
Need advice for relocating to costa del sol - 0 posts
Amazon Prime Stick - 1 posts
firewood suppliers - 5 posts
Final hearing - 1 posts
White good from Uk - 9 posts
UK plated Spanish LHD Car - 7 posts
Christmas wishes - 0 posts
Your refund linked to Floor Clause in your spanish mortgage - 17 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 26

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x