making an off

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 Nov 2016 10:21 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

Inspetahome

I have no intention of putting too much if my business dealings on a forum

I have said more than enough and maybe you are missing something 

I don't know you or your business and don't want to 

But as you say there are AWAYS many factors and there are options to ensure all debts are clear and they don't come to the buyer and stay with the seller. 

As I said my original point still stands banks will not block a sale in a black and white way implied 

Your client was obviously unlucky as I have been in the past but I have had far more luck than bad luck privately and in business. 

Like 0      
25 Nov 2016 10:42 PM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

I am sorry Tadd but I am not trying to have a row but people know my business, now I am an estate agent as per my signature and one of the few posters that has always published his contact details

As always on this forum what I post is based on real life experiences and ofetn where people claim that there are ways to defer or move debt and then cannot or will not explain how you do have to doubt their information and credibility

On your development, last week, one of the 3 bed detached villas with a pool sold for €159k, would you, knowing perhaps the area and properties have expected 30% off that greatly reduced price, it sold at the listed price and there was a Q of buyers

Again for the benefit of all, unless the property is clear of all bank debt the bank will refuse to allow the completion.

One method around this, that I have used is to surrogate an existing mortgage, the new buyer takes on the full debt and the existing mortgage, saving setup fees. Now however, with low mortgage rates, 1.7% fixed rate on 10 years, chances are that the old mortgage won't be at an attractive rate, so often even with charges a new mortgage is better. This was known as a buiders mortgage, often from the bank that financed the development, at a special rate

I have heard stories of course that black money is paid to the seller, they declare enough to clear the debt and then they get some cash payment, not clever if you consider tax on the value

Trust me if there is a way to legally move the debt I would know about it and be happy to tell this forum,

Like 0      
25 Nov 2016 10:54 PM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

Sorry meant to add that the stories that you have heard of the banks chasing people for money, owned when the property has been sold for a value below the amount owmed on a mortgage, are where the bank has repossessed the property, sold it at auction or via their site like Solvia and come after the original owners for the debt and fees

Like 0      
25 Nov 2016 11:07 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

Inspetahome

I respect your views even though I have a very low opinion of estate agents in spain (no offence to you)

But I know my private affairs and business matters and experiences as a result 

I don't wish to argue with you so maybe we should agree to disagree and I will continue on my own affairs as you do with yours 

This message was last edited by Tadd1966 on 25/11/2016.

Like 0      
26 Nov 2016 12:19 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Maybe we should agree that we're just splitting hairs here. Tadd, if your escritura/copia simple has words to the effect of "libre de grávamenes y limitaciones", then the mortgage on the property was cancelled before you signed on the dotted line. It's not just the bank that would stop the sale, the notary would. How the vendor settled his debt with the bank (transferred it or whatever) is irrelevant. If on the other hand there's nothing to that effect on your escritura, you should be very worried right now!

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
26 Nov 2016 1:30 PM by Bevgt Star rating. 20 posts Send private message

Oh dear did not mean te cause too many arguments, the apartment we have seen  is 179,000 euros one agent has told us that one sold at the begining of the year at 160,000 and she said they have not gone up since then and he should have priced it at 160,000, we would like to start at 155,000.??

Like 0      
26 Nov 2016 2:03 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Glad you came back, despite all the petty bickering we indulge in here! laugh

I'd say that sounds like a fair and sensible offer - about 13% below asking. If you get it for 160, that's around 10%, which most would agree is a good result. Go for it, and good luck!

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
26 Nov 2016 2:38 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

Roberto

Yes we are splitting hairs which is my pointwink everything is not as black and white as many people say

Good luck to the OP

Like 0      
26 Nov 2016 2:50 PM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

Yes I would agree that sounds like a very sensible offer and please don't worrry about the exchanges, this is a verty helpfull and I believe usefull thread for lots of people

Mos of us experienced on here are used to the exchanges and we can look after ourselves

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

TV set top box - 7 posts
Today's daft question! - 10 posts
Bilbao parking ticket/fine! - 1 posts
Zenmate - 2 posts
Sunday Opening - 4 posts
The thin edge of the wedge - 3 posts
Spanish Justice ?? where is it ? -- take care when buying a property with contracts and Spanish Law - 5 posts
Wayne Stoneman - Missing Person - 2 posts
jonter - 3 posts
Deposit Refund - 8 posts
Accomodation - 0 posts
Conveyancing and errors in Bank Guarantees - 5 posts
thinking of buying motorcycle for use in spain - 10 posts
Are there many people paying mortgages loan for illegal properties? - 2 posts
Tax on property owned outside Spain - 8 posts
Threads keep vanishing ? - 8 posts
Mobile phones - 4 posts
Gas Conversion - 2 posts
Moving to Spain - 4 posts
Organizations/Social Groups/Clubs in Xabia/Javea for 30 year olds. - 5 posts
short changed from ATM machine - 8 posts
Christmas day Santiago De La Ribera/San Javier - 0 posts
3 bed accommodation sought - 3 posts
FIFA Bans Poppy - 8 posts
Shower screens/enclosures - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 29

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x