Moving to Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Nov 2016 8:17 AM by bellallie Star rating in Germany. 1 posts Send private message

Hi to all,

I'm Allie and glad to be here.  Still living and working in Germany, me (57) and my husbund(63) plan to move to south Spain by the end of next year. Thinking about somewhere between Fuengirola and Calahonda. Since a few years we spend our holidays on the Costa del Sol and now we want to make it our home. My husband is allready retired but I still want to work a few more years.As I am a beautician I plan to have a mobile Chiropodist Service, coming to peoples homes.

I´m not quite sure if there is any need for this service in the area and therefor I would appriciate every answer. Does any of you think I got a chance or rather not? I do speak English, German and a little Spanish.Looking forward to every answer and please excuse any spelling mistake, writing is not as easy as speaking.

Like 0      
13 Nov 2016 9:15 AM by Destry Star rating in MYOB . 289 posts Send private message

I'm sure that you must have professional indemnity insurance in force in Germany, I suggest that you speak to your insurers relating to your legal requirements to practice in Spain. As for the Mijas Costa, if you are considering purchasing property the usual advice applies, ie; the further inland you go, the better value you will get.

Good luck.  

Like 1      
13 Nov 2016 10:50 AM by acer Star rating. 1528 posts Send private message

Hi Allie,

A sister in law is a Chiropodist and over 90% of her client base is female, aged 50 plus.  I could be wrong but I suspect that your prospective market will be north european as opposed to Spanish.  So if your work is expected to be a significant factor in your cloice of location you may want to give preferance to the more substantial ex-pat locations.

There's quite a lot to choose from!  Where you mentioned,between Fuengirola and Calahonda is probably good, but you may also consider further up the coast in the Costa Calida area, say between Mazarron and Alicante.  Property is a lot cheaper there, so you get better value for money, but also some lovely locations with many large ex pat communities nearby.

Good luck.

Like 1      
13 Nov 2016 12:13 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

"the further inland you go, the better value you will get." 

No, the further inland you go, the cheaper it gets (until you get to Madrid!)

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 1      
13 Nov 2016 2:32 PM by Destry Star rating in MYOB . 289 posts Send private message

Roberto,

That would be one heck of a commute, just to cut Mijas Costa toe nails. laugh

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Organizations/Social Groups/Clubs in Xabia/Javea for 30 year olds. - 5 posts
short changed from ATM machine - 8 posts
Christmas day Santiago De La Ribera/San Javier - 0 posts
3 bed accommodation sought - 3 posts
FIFA Bans Poppy - 8 posts
Shower screens/enclosures - 6 posts
Equestrian rental - 1 posts
Tax implications of owning two properties, one in UK, the other in Spain? - 2 posts
Property Sales Warning - 0 posts
Hello - 2 posts
Form 210 in English, and with instrutions - 54 posts
Taking the plunge - Moving to Spain - 13 posts
New members - 13 posts
Spanish official electronic certificate - 1 posts
The dangers of the new smart meters - 8 posts
AGM VOTING PROBLEM - 9 posts
Looking for a long term rental in valencia area - 1 posts
CONSTRUCTION FINANCE IN SPAIN – WHAT DOES THE TERM LOAN TO VALUE MEAN - 2 posts
Spanish radio - 0 posts
gypsy flower sellers - 3 posts
weekly newsletter - 1 posts
bankia - 0 posts
Self move using a hire van - 4 posts
no win no fee lawyers - 3 posts
Landlord responsibilities - 15 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x