CCTV Murcia

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Jan 2016 3:53 PM by ACCIES Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Can anyone help me, we are a small community of 127 villas, we have had over thirty burglaries in the last two years. Our pool is the only community project, I suggested that we put CCTV on our streets to protect us but have been told that we cannot as we don't own the streets, and we would need permission from EVERY villager to be able to do this. Surely Spain has the same EU legislation as the UK and therefore provided we get the necessary licences from the Town Hall and the Police we should be able to install CCTV. I would be obliged if anyone can advise me how we can go about this and what information we would need for the police and town hall.

Like 0      
08 Jan 2016 4:30 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

I'm thinking it could be better if you were to secure your own place with cctv rather then go down the what seems could be a long and lengthy route to get the whole street on it. Waiting for Spain to come up with an answer you could have another 30 burglaries.

Yes, Spain does have the same EU legislation as the UK in the sense that we are all in it together, just that it seem it's only the UK that sticks to every letter of the law.

My own cctv system records any incidents, texts me and my kids if something is wrong, monitors it, having said this its fair to mention that if the thieves want to get in they will,  just hoping they see the cameras and go somewhere else.

Like 1      
08 Jan 2016 5:41 PM by nitram Star rating in castalla. 175 posts Send private message

Seen a news report in Spain  about this in another part of the country just before the New Year, where a town council put up a CCTV System with 8 cameras one being in a Police station, these was reported and town hall had to take down the system owing to Spanish Data protection law stated only the Spanish Administration or Law enforcement can operate a system on public streets. 

Ask your Administrator to check the Data Protection  law or look at the Spanish Goverment web site. 

Like 0      
08 Jan 2016 7:20 PM by Jarvi Star rating in Halifax UK and Sucin.... 757 posts Send private message

Surely the town council is spanish administration? We have had cameras put up at the entrances to our village, this was authorised and funded by the council.

Like 1      
09 Jan 2016 9:34 AM by Mickyfinn Star rating in Spain and France. 1833 posts Send private message

ACCIES. - If you offer a contract to a reputable security company and include the responsibility of obtaining the necessary permissions it will be done for you. In Murcia there are a number of such comanies well used to to doing what you describe.

The permissions from the owners is obtain via the community elected committee who should approve the installation.

This message was last edited by Mickyfinn on 09/01/2016.

Like 1      
09 Jan 2016 11:56 AM by acer Star rating. 1528 posts Send private message

In my experience CCTV street cameras are of modest value.  I do not believe there are any cameras available that are mounted high up on lamp posts etc that produce a photo of sufficient quality to identify the burglars.  They only work at ground level within a few metres. 

Don't forget that invariably you are talking about night time where the target is on the move.

But if anyone knows differently that would be good to hear.

Like 0      
09 Jan 2016 1:07 PM by Mickyfinn Star rating in Spain and France. 1833 posts Send private message

Modern CCTV cameras have thermal night vision capability with either an infra-red attachment or thermal night vision built in .They are quite capable of automatic close zoom imagery from a distance of up to 300 meters and beyond if you buy the more expensive kit.  Alarm functionality is now standard as is recording and playback for up to a month.

These community security cctv systems do not come cheap but are very effective in crime prevention provided there is someone on a screen watching somewhere. In the absence of that they are only useful for law enforcement investigations after the event. Visible presence of cameras are however helpful as a deterrent. The law in Spain dictates warning signs of a certain size must be displayed to the public that cctv is operating.                                     

Like 1      
09 Jan 2016 2:10 PM by acer Star rating. 1528 posts Send private message

Thanks for your post Mickyfinn. I'm obviously out of date, but can you indicate the approx cost per camera and perhaps also a good supplier in Spain please, preferably in the Murcia region.

Thanks

Like 1      
09 Jan 2016 4:53 PM by Mickyfinn Star rating in Spain and France. 1833 posts Send private message

Acer. It’s not possible to itemise the costs per camera here because there are so many peripherals to add in order to complete the installation. For example underground wiring, IR spotlights, cables, posts and other technical fittings. Also it depends on the type and model of the camera, what you want it to do and if you want video surveillance capabilities. Thermal cameras are the most expensive.

Vigilant a security company based in Alcantarilla, Murcia installs state of the art equipment and employs highly skilled technicians.

Like 0      
09 Jan 2016 5:06 PM by acer Star rating. 1528 posts Send private message

Perhaps I should have mentioned that I live on a small community where cameras were installed about 6 years ago and all the peripheral wiring and connections are in place.  Is it not possible to just replace the cameras to the improved spec you mentioned?

Like 0      
09 Jan 2016 6:49 PM by Mickyfinn Star rating in Spain and France. 1833 posts Send private message

In that case yes you can. The costs would be substantially less. Ask the company for a survey and estimate.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

7 SEATER CAR FOR HIRE - 5 posts
How do you arrange a pet passport from Spain to the UK - 13 posts
Exploring Spain in April, May, June... - 4 posts
Old Cadiz - 2 posts
Moving to Spain - Mobile Phone Advice - 10 posts
New Here - 5 posts
Massive Pig Farm for Camposol . present from the Town Hall - 51 posts
Spanish Road Tax On New Cars - 7 posts
Need help and info about getting a spanish car and driving to southern spain - 0 posts
How do i renew a spanish passport? - 6 posts
Swimming Pool Rules - 7 posts
looking for long term rental - 9 posts
Hello all - 1 posts
For the love of helpless animals!!!!!! - 2 posts
Does anyone need their car driven to Spain from the UK? - 6 posts
terrazas de la torre - 1 posts
Lounge and bedroom furniture required - 1 posts
Estate Agent Recommendations Duquesa Area Please - 4 posts
Filmon in Spain - 9 posts
interest only Mortgage coming to an end - 6 posts
PALM TREE REMOVAL - 6 posts
NEW! Spain Supreme Court clear speaking on Banks liabilities - 7 posts
Minister Cruise Line Vacancies - 6 posts
Electric bills from landlord not correct - 10 posts
Yellow flame - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x