Are property prices really on the up in Spain?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
14 Sep 2015 4:33 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Ads    re when I said the notary would not make the contract when I was going to make a load against a property.

When I did make it, I did not notify Property Registry that I had advanced a loan on the property.

Some while later I discovered that the property had been sold, but my loan had not been repaid.

When I explained to the notary who acted for the sale of the property, he said he would start proceedings against the new owner to receiver my debt. That was so even though the new owner, did not know of the debt and had no way of discovering it existed.

As things  turned out I was able to recover the load from the original owner.   But that is another story and not for here.

Moral of this story..  Don't be surprised of you inherit a debt when you buy a property in Spain,  which you could not have known about, but are still liable for.!

PS   I made a few loans after that incident but always made the record at the property reg, albeit that the legal fees for the lender s were ridiculously high.

Like 0      
14 Sep 2015 5:47 PM by ads Star rating. 4125 posts Send private message

I keep saying this, but it doesn't have to be this way and this form of ongoing insecurity in the conveyancing system could be prevented at source if the system was reformed and registration was OBLIGATORY and not voluntary.

Likewise if recognised regulatory bodies for agents/lawyers etc (kite marks?) were brought into existence or associations such as the Bar Association could be more effective.

Sadly everything associated with conveyancing insecurities in Spain relates to a system that deals with problems after the event, instead of correcting at source.

It seems crazy to me, and self inflicted and unnecessary complexities. :(

If only the powers that be or those good people within the industry would fight for reform to remove such insecurities to the benefit of the Spanish real estate industry. 

This message was last edited by ads on 14/09/2015.

Like 0      
31 Dec 2015 11:59 AM by KWMiers Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Buying a new property is something one of the biggest decision a person makes in his life.

Like 0      
31 Dec 2015 7:55 PM by acer Star rating. 1528 posts Send private message

Disagree, it's very minor compared to your marriage decision.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Learning Spanish with "Play your Language" - 0 posts
Urgent - Please sign this petition to help an expat pensioner stay in her own home! - 0 posts
selling uk goods in benidorm - 17 posts
Presidency or Dictatorship! - 28 posts
Comunity Presidents and committees - 21 posts
Spanish tax after returning to the UK to live - 6 posts
For capital gains purposes, do they count the price paid including the IVA paid. - 5 posts
Procedure for transfering electricity and water account when selling ... - 2 posts
Electrical work - 3 posts
Jack of all trades - master of none - 11 posts
Anybody Renting From The Bank? - 2 posts
Long/mid term 3month rental Murcia/Alicante area wanted - 0 posts
Banks liability and precedents for case law. A question for lawyers. - 12 posts
Castellon airport - car hire - 18 posts
How much less to offer on asking price '%' ... - 23 posts
Community President Expenses - 4 posts
Help with redemption please :) - 1 posts
president - 0 posts
Good Place To Rent Costa Calida Area - 27 posts
problems with headphones - 0 posts
Hoja de Reclamación - 6 posts
Smart meters - 4 posts
Vaccinations for a visit to China - 1 posts
What's it like to live full-time in the region of Playa Flameca? - 32 posts
re- locating to spain - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 44

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x