Smart meters

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
31 Aug 2015 8:57 PM by tonydean Star rating. 17 posts Send private message

I am slowly going round the bend with frustration. Iberdrola turned up one morning and changed my white meter over to a Smart meter. This means I can only use up to 3.5 kw of electricity. So if the D/W and W/M are on at the same time the meter cuts out, the same if the oven is on with either of these. Or if the oven and a light that is plugged into a power socket are on at the same time. Even two air con units and the D/W or W/M or oven are on together the meter trips.  I then have to go outside to press a button to reset. Of course I have written many times to Iberdrola. Do they care? Of course not. Get an electrician to do a survey and issue a certificate. We will then issue a Boletin and you can have your power increased. So of course I eventually find one and no doubt he can see the Euros mounting up as he sucks through his teeth. Put a separate cable to the oven, run another cable here and thank you very much 1200€ please. My villa is 30 years old the sockets have all been changed the wiring is in excellent condition. We had no problems before the Smart meter was installed so why are we on the minimum of kw?  Anyone out  there who can recomend an electrician who doesn't suck his teeth and has a till for a brain? Please let me know. Because I am fed up with living in  stone age Spain.

Like 0      
31 Aug 2015 9:17 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

An electrician did the inspection and issued a boletin for my neighbours and he charged 200 euro.

However, as you don't put where you are in Spain on your profile, might be a bit silly me recommending an electrician in, say, Madrid if you live in, say, Marbella.

However, what tariff were you on before? All of us here who have had smart meters fitted stayed on the original tariff. In my case, 5.75Kw which is fine.

Like 0      
01 Sep 2015 12:26 AM by tonydean Star rating. 17 posts Send private message

Hi Bobaol

I am 5 minutes from you the other side of the canal road.

Like 0      
01 Sep 2015 12:50 AM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

For tonydean.

I've sent you a PM.

Like 0      
01 Sep 2015 11:17 AM by tonydean Star rating. 17 posts Send private message

What is the matter with people? I need a qualified electrician who can issue a certificate so that I can get a Boletin from Iberdrola. I phoned Petra Honig in Quesada and spoke to Gary. They are the agents in Quesada that our villa is on the books with. I spoke to him as he is the one who came round. No problem he said we use an electrician and I will call you back in two minutes. That was over an hour ago. How long am I supposed to sit and wait? No I won't call him back I will take my property off their books. If that's the service they offer not even returning a call then I will go elsewhere. 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Vaccinations for a visit to China - 1 posts
What's it like to live full-time in the region of Playa Flameca? - 32 posts
re- locating to spain - 1 posts
DENUNCIAS BY OWNERS LETTING ‘ILLEGALLY’ - 24 posts
Solvia Bank Mortgage - 0 posts
What are the 3 things you would change - 1 posts
What would I do differently - 1 posts
sewing machines - 0 posts
Parking on the street for Free all day / night in Extramurs, Valencia? - 1 posts
Some tools with which to learn Basic Spanish - 2 posts
Uk Driving license taken by police - 6 posts
bank fees for mortgage - 19 posts
charges on property - 11 posts
La Herrada Holiday Home Owners - Beware - 70 posts
LONG - MID TERM RENTAL JAN - MAR 2016 - 2 posts
Bus Travel West Along the N340 - 5 posts
Murcia Region Rental Wanted - 12 posts
Cover for electric boiler on balcony required - 0 posts
Valencia car hire companies that won't rip me off! - 6 posts
Getting out of long term contract early - help! - 14 posts
help needed - 11 posts
Long term rental wanted Marbella San Pedro benahavis or Estepona area. - 0 posts
Clueless - 7 posts
What would you do differently? - 114 posts
PLAYING C.D. OR D.V.D. ON A COMPUTER - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x