Jack of all trades - master of none

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Sep 2015 10:08 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

A great phrase and so true 

How many do you know?

IMO they are easy so to spot and avoid

Like 0      
05 Sep 2015 10:29 AM by Woodbug Star rating. 371 posts Send private message

It’s Easy-jets fault Tadd.... They put something into the air conditioning on the plane. Perfectly ordinary Clerks, Postmen, Factory Operatives, IT and Civil Service workers get on a flight at Stansted or Manchester and by the time they land at Malaga/Alicante they have morphed into Plumbers, Builders Estate Agents, Financial Advisors, Chefs and Pool Cleaners.

Beware of Easy-jet tradesmen!

This message was last edited by Woodbug on 05/09/2015.

Like 4      
05 Sep 2015 10:51 AM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

Woodbug - excellentsmiley

Wonder if it could be down to the Spanish maybe they put something in the water or beer that only affects foreigners

Some seem to have accumulated so much experience, knowledge and have a view / answer for everything which could not be possible in a normal persons average lifespan

This message was last edited by Tadd1966 on 05/09/2015.

Like 0      
05 Sep 2015 11:51 AM by Woodbug Star rating. 371 posts Send private message

It's the 'badge of time' Tadd. Many Brits seem to consider themselves 'experts' on Spanish culture, Law and everything else known to man, the longer they reside here. Let's not confuse the Easy-jet morphs with the 'Well I heard' brigade though.

This message was last edited by Woodbug on 05/09/2015.

Like 1      
05 Sep 2015 2:17 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1230 posts Send private message

Oh the irony of this thread, this forum has more self appointed experts on all things Spanish than you can waive a stick at. laugh

This message was last edited by Hephaestus on 05/09/2015.

I'm Spartacus, well why not?

Like 2      
05 Sep 2015 2:27 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

Hep - you got that right wink

some have mutated into world experts on everything and just can't stopsurprise

Like 1      
05 Sep 2015 2:43 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1230 posts Send private message

ex as being a spent force and spert as being a drip under pressure comes to mind, irrespective of me taking license with the dictionary. wink

Like 0      
05 Sep 2015 6:29 PM by hughjardon Star rating in Jaywick Sands. 418 posts Send private message

hughjardon´s avatar

Well you three girls sound as though this may be more suitable http://www.thewi.org.uk/ not a classy educational site like this laugh

Love Hughsie xxx

Like 4      
05 Sep 2015 6:36 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1230 posts Send private message

Glad you liked your post hugh. cheeky

Like 0      
05 Sep 2015 8:49 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

To be fair, it's not just the foreigners. Our community has just taken on a new (Spanish) maintenance company, to clean, maintain the garden & pool, auto garage doors, water pumps etc. After the first couple of weeks and a few "hiccups", I found out that the owner is a fireman, the gardener is a plasterer, the locksmith is an electrician, and the cleaner...well, frankly, is an oaf. It's not going well so far...

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
07 Sep 2015 2:19 PM by MFraser Star rating. 33 posts Send private message

That last post made me laugh out loud, Roberto!  And, er....what does an Oaf do for a living?  lol....

Like 0      
07 Sep 2015 3:12 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Anything you ask him to, but not very well: "Oaf = a man who is rough or clumsy and unintelligent." I pointed out some bird poo on a hand rail and suggested it might be nice if he cleaned it off. He looked at it with a look of surprise and puzzlement before declaring that he didn't know how to. After a quick training session with a damp cloth, he very happily cleaned it up. Very willing - but an utter OAF!

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Anybody Renting From The Bank? - 2 posts
Long/mid term 3month rental Murcia/Alicante area wanted - 0 posts
Banks liability and precedents for case law. A question for lawyers. - 12 posts
Castellon airport - car hire - 18 posts
How much less to offer on asking price '%' ... - 23 posts
Community President Expenses - 4 posts
Help with redemption please :) - 1 posts
president - 0 posts
Good Place To Rent Costa Calida Area - 27 posts
problems with headphones - 0 posts
Hoja de Reclamación - 6 posts
Smart meters - 4 posts
Vaccinations for a visit to China - 1 posts
What's it like to live full-time in the region of Playa Flameca? - 32 posts
re- locating to spain - 1 posts
DENUNCIAS BY OWNERS LETTING ‘ILLEGALLY’ - 24 posts
Solvia Bank Mortgage - 0 posts
What are the 3 things you would change - 1 posts
What would I do differently - 1 posts
sewing machines - 0 posts
Parking on the street for Free all day / night in Extramurs, Valencia? - 1 posts
Some tools with which to learn Basic Spanish - 2 posts
Uk Driving license taken by police - 6 posts
bank fees for mortgage - 19 posts
charges on property - 11 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 12

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x