What is a "refugio agricola"?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Jul 2015 10:56 PM by EricJ Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi there,

I'm hoping to put an offer in on a finca in Catalonia. I have a copy of the escritura and it refers to the property as a "refugio agricola". Does this mean there are any restrictions on the property, as far as living in it is concerned?

Thanks for your help,

Eric

Like 0      
13 Jul 2015 10:02 AM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Hi Ericj

Basically it means an Agricultural Shelter, depending in what context it's spoken in also a Place of retreat, Shelter and so on, so you would have to suppose at one time it was probably a farmers / farm workers shelter in the event of bad weather coming in, and looking after animals, and had been listed as such in the Escritura.

Maybe over the years it has been used as a permanent house / home with no problems,  I have no idea if the Spanish powers to be would re-list it to say a normal dwelling, further in-depth checking by you and a solicitor will be needed on that score just in case you buy it, settle in, only to be told later that it is only to be used as a "Temporary shelter" not permanent living.

Just because someone else might have used it as a house for many years past dont mean you might be able to get away with it, the Spanish law is weird to say the least. 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Hairdresser - 0 posts
Banc Sabadell Regular Transfer Plan - 4 posts
inheritance tax liability on UK inheritance after leaving Spain - 1 posts
A snapshot or a trend? - 9 posts
Twice as many EU immigrants claiming unemployment benefits in UK than vice versa, new research shows - 15 posts
INHERITANCE TAX ON WORLDWIDE ESTATE OR ONLY SPANISH ASSETS? - 23 posts
Health tourists UK: How much do they cost and who pays? - 6 posts
Dogs defecating - 9 posts
Tenerife for the winter - 0 posts
Propane gas bottle for BBQ - 6 posts
Do I Take My White Goods or Buy New in Spain - 13 posts
A legal question relating to offplan Bank debt and resale of Bank repossessed property - 2 posts
NIE - 9 posts
I need a fence putting up!!! - 0 posts
experience with bb4s internet - 0 posts
What is 'Normal' TV in Spain? - 13 posts
job wanted - 4 posts
advice needed - 0 posts
New in Camposol - 4 posts
New to Spain - 0 posts
help....is it doable driving to murcia from uk with 2 drivers & no stop over - 13 posts
How together from Los alcazares to seville - 2 posts
Local Doctors in Spain - 9 posts
Spanish law regarding renting out property short term - 2 posts
Corgi Registered Gas Fitter - Benalmadena - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x