Visiting Alicante area to view property

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Feb 2015 1:33 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

I would avoid renting as there are so many problems even if you use an agent.

People want something for nothing, holiday makers leave air con on all day, damages, wnat reguylar clenaing included etc. and it ends up costing you more

Hope you do not have to rent and if not don't other than to very clsoe friedns and family

Ifyou do have to rent then please be very careful there are many dodgy "key holders" about offering services!!

Sorry to be negative but it is the reality here

Like 0      
19 Feb 2015 1:57 PM by amogles Star rating in El Campello (holiday.... 174 posts Send private message

About renting, there are some properties near me that are being rented out (I've never actually met the owners, so guess they either come rarely or it is an investment thing) and these properties appeared to be rented out back to back during the summer and even get quite a few tenants at other times. Howevever, I don't know what prices they are charging. There are very attractive properties in prime locations and built to a high standard with all the bells and whistles. However, I do see that the wear and tear is pretty high as I'm seeing workmen going in to do small jobs all the time so far from being free income this sort of thing is a business requiring careful management.

I half considered renting out my own place during the time I'm not there, but ran some figures and decided it wasn't worth it. Especially as I'm furnishing it with my own personal stuff rather than run of the mill IKEA junk and wouldn't want to risk damage to that. Of course I could have furnished it with replacable stuff, but then it wouldn't have felt like my own place any more and I wouldn't have felt at home. I've stayed in so many rentals over the years with identical IKEA furniture that just the sight of it screams "rental and cheap landlord" at me.

This message was last edited by amogles on 19/02/2015.

Like 0      
19 Feb 2015 2:20 PM by sycamores Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

Thank you all for your advise, we will bear all this in mind and i want to go ahead with the purchase and will work hard to try and make the rental side work, we have already when visiting found a good person to do change overs and really not expecting to make any kind of profit just trying to cover the annual costs.

Like 0      
19 Feb 2015 2:44 PM by amogles Star rating in El Campello (holiday.... 174 posts Send private message

Be very careful with people who claim they are "not expecting to make any kind of profit".

Nobody is not expecting to make any profit and especially the rental market is infested with bad eggs.

If a person has told you they are doing this for you without looking for their own profit, I would consider that a BS alarm and be very very careful in dealing with that person.

Like 1      
19 Feb 2015 2:55 PM by sycamores Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

Sorry that was my bad wording the person will of course make a wage from the service they provide but we do not expect to make any profit just hope to break even  

Like 0      
19 Feb 2015 2:55 PM by sycamores Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

Sorry that was my bad wording the person will of course make a wage from the service they provide but we do not expect to make any profit just hope to break even  

Like 1      
20 Feb 2015 9:10 PM by galway60girl Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

Hi folks. I think we were in Almoradi at the same time what did u think of it, we had 10 days viewing and in the end bought. 2 bed apt. How long will it take for you to take possession.

Like 0      
21 Feb 2015 3:18 PM by sycamores Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

Our will be the 16th or there abouts but if it is straightword can be done very quickly and because i havent got my NI number yet and as we are in cornwall flighst are not too cheap i will come over on the 10th to get it sorted before signing.  But it could hve been done in a week or so

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Need help on setting up a hand car valeting business in spain - 24 posts
Best house and contents insurance for holiday home - 29 posts
Dishwasher - 4 posts
Second Hand Furniture Required - 1 posts
Law firm wins a case - 7 posts
Anyone for Tennis - 0 posts
good restaurant - 0 posts
Photo Url problem - 2 posts
Easter parades - 0 posts
DESPERATE APPEAL FOR A FOSTER PLACE OR FOREVER HOME .... - 0 posts
Tv programmes re buying in Spain - 23 posts
Advice on water bill - 6 posts
Question on succession law in Spain - 15 posts
Fran - 3 posts
NEW! Null mortgages by the Supreme Court - 0 posts
virtual cadastral map Spain - 1 posts
€900 to put electric in my name? - 3 posts
Help and Advice on rentals in Mojon Hills - 9 posts
Reregistering a car over 25 years old. - 1 posts
driving from uk to the costa blanca - 3 posts
Dog friendly hotel near Spanish border - 0 posts
Dogs vs caterpillars, sandflies and other maladies - 3 posts
Long Term Rental Sought - 10 posts
Apartment wanted for July, August, September rental for two careful tenants. Anywhere Costa del sol. - 0 posts
Looking for Rented Property - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 28

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x