Chinese supermarket near La Zenia Boulevard

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 Jan 2014 6:31 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

Went shopping today and coming from la Zenia boulevard I called into the Chinese supermarket just opposite Consum

I collected quite a few bits and pieces (more than I needed really) but hey ho

As I queued to pay there was a commotion going on and a young girl was in tears and the parents were arguing with a Spanish member of staff (I think she was Spanish she was not Chinese and they were speaking a mixture of Spanish and English).

It transpired the young girl had bought a toy which did not work and although it had been exchanged before the shop refused to give her the money back, they offered exchange but as this was the second one they had they said no way.

They eventually agreed to accept a credit note the Father was a bit cross and at one point went outside to calm down and came back. As they left with the credit note, very dissatisfied and angry they said to the lady loudly (if you could call her that as she was very rude) that she should be ashamed robbing a poor innocent child

I was tempted to assist or call the police but decided simply to put my basket of goods on the floor and walk out and said to the staff that they were rude, selfish and simply nasty people to do that to a child and I would never shop in that store again.

Looking back I think I should have supported them more and maybe some of the other customers could have but I guess nobody wants to get involved these days and you never know

I doubt I will ever visit any Chinese supermarket again and I certainly would not buy anything that may require a refund or spend anything over 10 euros

What would you have done?

Was the shop right in refusing a refund?

What is the law here in Spain on faulty goods?

Like 0      
11 Jan 2014 9:31 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Been in that chino, and to be honest,  been in one you have been in the lot, you do have to be very careful what you buy in them, think of most items as "One trip goods" and thats about it. Truth is many of us go to these places because with many items they are dirt cheap....Not saying they are good quality....But you cannot pay a little and get a lot.

Its possible that the child had the 1st toy for some weeks, it broke and they changed it, which also broke again a few weeks later, how many times do you change a toy when a child has been playing with it, some kids could break a dumbbell. I had an old camera for about ten years, gave it to one of my Grandkids he broke it less then 5 mins later.

A credit note is better then nothing because they could have given it to someone in exchange for cash who was going in to buy something, in effect getting their money back.

Like 0      
11 Jan 2014 11:13 PM by Fartharder Star rating in Loriguilla.. 172 posts Send private message

Fartharder´s avatar

In Spain there is no law stating that a refund should or should not be given. It is purely voluntary, so if a shop or store refuses to give a refund, there's nothing you can do about it.

I have bought things from the chinese 'bazar' shops in the past but I don't bother anymore. It's not just a case of 'you get what you pay for'. In many cases the quality of products they sell are so bad that you are effectively throwing money down the drain in buying these things.

I think if Spain made it law that a customer was entitled to their money back on faulty products, a lot of stores (big name stores included) would have to clean up their act and stop selling absolute crap. I bought a dish drainer from Leroy Merlin once and it had gone rusty within three weeks. They wouldn't replace or refund it because it wasn't rustproof. Fair enough, I should have looked for the 'inoxidable' word on the box but a dish drainer that isn't rust proof is like an umbrella with holes in it, and until Spain tightens the law on retailers, we'll have to be very careful about what we buy and where we buy it from.

If I was to walk out of every shop which had rude staff and then never shop there again, I'd soon be starving to death in an empty house with an empty fridge.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Man Writes Lengthy Complaint To Airline - Must Read! - 1 posts
Flights big blokes - 11 posts
Cumbre del Sol - 3 posts
Gestor in Pamplona - 0 posts
The Wisdom of Carrying a Camera - 19 posts
Non EU spouse of a British national entering Gibraltar. - 12 posts
Road side fines from the Guardia - 47 posts
Getting a UK car MOT'd in Spain - 39 posts
Indoor swimming pool Fuengirola - 2 posts
Place in the Sun - 4 posts
mortgages - 5 posts
Cameron awards MBE to his barber - 5 posts
form 210 - 1 posts
Amazon.es - 2 posts
condado golf society - 0 posts
Credit where its due - 4 posts
Passinthru - 2 posts
Thinking of moving to Spain - 9 posts
What do you thing traveling can provide us happyness ? - 2 posts
installation of air conditioning units in Murcia what should I expect to pay - 1 posts
Villa PAC's - 4 posts
Feliz Navidad - 0 posts
electronic submission of form 210 - 5 posts
Spanish private lessons or conversation - 0 posts
A place in the sun tv - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x