Spain's Black Economy - 20% GDP

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Jul 2013 3:14 PM by Stratico Star rating in Los Barrios. 10 posts Send private message

People in Spain know the taxes they pay are squandered, stolen, abused and skimmed by corrupt politicians ... Hardly encouraging an open Government when the President of he Government is text messaging an imprisoned corrupt PP treasurer for black money dealing.

Like 0      
21 Jul 2013 12:34 AM by DonLochnagar Star rating in Mazarron. 161 posts Send private message

Camposol, you are either joking or you are very straight laced.  You have never asked for a cash orice with the VAT off?  I know i have and they have been happy to do it.  If you are happy with the job, why would you ask for a receipt?  Did you work for an accountant or in the Civil Service, because that's not how it happens in the real world and if you want a pint in the Trevi, I am happy to discuss it with you!

Like 0      
21 Jul 2013 4:11 PM by MichaelVisser Star rating in California. 9 posts Send private message

Spain has been the worst victim of recession making its economy to fall but  not only the goverment the people are also trying to recover from it .the taxes are going high, inflation is on its peek and corruption is destoying people economy as well the present situation of the country.

Like 0      
21 Jul 2013 9:10 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

Donlachnagar-where it falls down is when you have to have proof of work done for example.If there are problems after the work has been done, you have no proof and no rights. I would not  describe myself as stratilaced, nor was I joking.Of course, a discount is welcome, but now I want a proper receipt for work done. I 'm sure I'm not alone.

Only wish I had worked in the civil service, and retired with a humungus pension!

The Trevi is not a place I frequent, but our paths may well cross on some occasion!

Like 0      
21 Jul 2013 10:58 PM by DonLochnagar Star rating in Mazarron. 161 posts Send private message

Can you wear a pink carnation, Camposol?

Like 0      
22 Jul 2013 8:56 AM by eos_ian Star rating in Valencia. 506 posts Send private message

eos_ian´s avatar
Stratico, that was precisely the conversation I had with Spanish friends this weekend. One does pool maintenace and commented that would take every opportunity to be paid in black. His explanation was why should he pay taxes to a government that is just going to steal it anyway.

Ian :   EOS TEAM MEMBER 

www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/ianandspain.aspx

Like 0      
22 Jul 2013 9:18 AM by DonLochnagar Star rating in Mazarron. 161 posts Send private message

Yes Ian, it is a pity that corruption is so endemic in Spain from Rajoy down.  At least in the UK our corruption is more indirect, like the £3.5m that the construction industry paid into the coffers of the Tory party to relax the planning laws.

Like 0      
22 Jul 2013 9:32 AM by eos_ian Star rating in Valencia. 506 posts Send private message

eos_ian´s avatar
There is obviously corruption everywhere, but the level of corruption in Spain has been astronomical and blatent. This has led to a generalised conception throughout the nation that everyone should fight for their own, of course itis not correct but when there is hardship people tend to be more selfish and just worry about looking after themselves and their family.

This message was last edited by eos_ian on 22/07/2013.

Ian :   EOS TEAM MEMBER 

www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/ianandspain.aspx

Like 0      
22 Jul 2013 9:57 AM by DonLochnagar Star rating in Mazarron. 161 posts Send private message

Yes, unfortunately we are in the age of instant wealth and fame.  No one wants to work their way up from the bottom now. 

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Has anyone tried 'La Vid de Ojeda' in Los Alcazares - 9 posts
House Purchase transfer tax % query - 4 posts
Visa Downloads for visiting Gibraltar - 3 posts
Changes to services provider for premiership football. Al Jazeera (JSC) wins rights. - 0 posts
Top Gear Spain BBC 2 Sunday Night - 4 posts
Wanted Scooter - Mijas Costa area - 1 posts
Personal Tax Rates comparison advice UK and Spain - 3 posts
Polaris Predator 500cc Quad bike for sale - 0 posts
Poll - 0 posts
How long does a court account cheque take to process in Spain - 8 posts
Invitation to Guinness World Record Attempt, Sun. 21July 2013, Vera Playa, Almeria - 1 posts
malaga airport parking - 1 posts
Hi, can you help please ? - 4 posts
kitchens - 0 posts
PLUS VALIA TAX advice needed - 10 posts
Retirement Age in Spain - Are they going too far? - 23 posts
Babysitter Available - 0 posts
GARDENS OF MANILVA COUNTRY CLUB - 1 posts
Car from Spain to UK and Return - 8 posts
Civil Guardia-unfair fines - 4 posts
how to delete another wifi network from computer - 5 posts
Energy Proficiency Certificate questions. - 11 posts
What´s On................ - 0 posts
Paro - Please help!! - 1 posts
LONG TERM RENTAL REQUIRED-CAN YOU HELP? - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 29

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x