Use solar energy in andalucia

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 May 2013 9:33 AM by dbd Star rating. 63 posts Send private message

We have a property close to cordoba and spend quite a number of weeks there throughout the year. I am looking to cut down on bills and use solar energy more. Does anyone know of any good reputable solar energy companies in Andalucia? Is it possible to get solar powered air conditioning that actualy works? Area wise we have an area of approx 90 square feet for panels.................. maybe a bit more.

Like 0      
20 May 2013 12:29 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Here you have a list of solar energy companies in Andalucia:

http://www.solarweb.net/directorio/c/1/empresas-energia-solar-andalucia-p1.html

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
20 May 2013 11:55 PM by 66d35 Star rating. 243 posts Send private message

For a few week a year, the economics simply do not add up. A typical "full house" capable photovoltaic system is likely to cost in the region of €15-20K. Some elements (batteries) also have relatively limited life-spans, and are expensive to replace - so that has to be factored in too. The payback/break even time depends on how much use it all gets. For short term use you could be looking at decades to break even. AC systens draw a heavy load - so you cannot run them on a low cost, low capacity solar installation.

Like 0      
21 May 2013 9:52 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Having installed solar water heating over 12 years ago, I can confirm it is very efficient and cost effective, for those who live here. 

Although I  would not install it  for just holiday usage.

Like 0      
22 May 2013 10:32 PM by wencra Star rating in mollina - malaga. 66 posts Send private message

wencra´s avatar

hi all

on this subject just a quick question, am sure I read on one of the forums about spain looking into s imilar scheeme as in the uk ref solar panels, but not buying the excess electricity back abut useing it to turn your meter back, has anyone any info on this or similar in the andalucia

thanks

Like 0      
23 May 2013 11:01 PM by eos_ian Star rating in Valencia. 506 posts Send private message

eos_ian´s avatar

A friend of mine dealt with these projects a few years back when the Government was still subsidising solar panels, mainly for companies or comercial building with large rooftops. Even then it was incredibly difficult to connect up to the mains as a special connection was necessary and the electricity network is not at all prepared for this.  I know some companies that do it, have the electrcity generated, deducted from their future bills but it is a question of luck, ie having a property that lies on a particular network/sub-station that is prepared for receiving electricity as well as delivering electricity. As far as I know all this has gone downhill now and the electrical companies aren't prepared to cover the costs of supplying the service to new customers. Many of the big international solar panel companies have shut up shop and gone home as it was such an ordeal to get anything done and the government didn't pay up. I would say that would be an almost impossible task right now, especially for such a small set up.

Ian :   EOS TEAM MEMBER 

www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/ianandspain.aspx

Like 0      
23 May 2013 11:59 PM by wencra Star rating in mollina - malaga. 66 posts Send private message

wencra´s avatar

hi eos_ian  thanks for your reply, wow would have thought that it would be a well established set up by now, but then as you said the companys don't want the expense of setting it up and I suppose they would be looosing money if people used it...... still got time to look at systems before we move out there

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

APAERTMENT BLOCK STRUCTURAL MAINTENANCE - 6 posts
Length of POA - 7 posts
Advice please. - 4 posts
KIA KARNIVAL For Sale - 0 posts
Wheelchair transport - 3 posts
Looking to buy in Comares Spain - 2 posts
New Member desperately in need of help!! - 59 posts
Insurance Policy for Costa Galera Phase III found - 0 posts
Voip providers - 24 posts
New mortgage and repossession law approved - What's your view? - 4 posts
For Fans of Charlton Athletic & St Mirren - 0 posts
instant BBQ coals - 4 posts
Illegal/Non authorised Insurance companies - 11 posts
Report ilegal business in spain - 2 posts
May 2013. Is it time to buy now ? - 1 posts
Noisy Nursery in our community - 2 posts
Paying taxes online - Santander - 3 posts
Costa Blanca still tops property sales list for 2013 - 0 posts
Who would you send to Mars? - 2 posts
We are looking for Trader Administrators Assistant - 0 posts
Full text of energy certificate Decree in Spain - 4 posts
resident or non resident tax - 40 posts
What would happen if UK "bailed out" of the EU after 40 years of membership. ? - 160 posts
Subsidence cover in spanish buildings insurance - 15 posts
Lloyds international Bank - 10 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x