Are you happy with spain, how long you lived here and where?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
07 Mar 2013 9:21 AM by Spanishtogs Star rating in Gales. 174 posts Send private message

Thank you for that help. Can't wait to get myself out of here!  That still doesn't excuse the lack of courtesy of no response from EOS technical section, or for that matter lack of any help such as that you've just posted.

Update - tried 'bin it' but they don't move!

This message was last edited by Spanishtogs on 07/03/2013.

Like 0      
07 Mar 2013 9:27 AM by tamaraessex Star rating in Colmenar, Malaga. 508 posts Send private message

tamaraessex´s avatar
OK I just went to check and I think it's right - My Account / My Blogs / Edit Blog / then on the right hand side it has "Delete" by every blog post so you can take them down that way.

As for email notifications, I think that if you go into My Account then it shows the email address you are registered with. Just delete it and then Update Settings and there will no longer be an email address in the system for EoS to send notifications to.

Best wishes - do we get a chance to have a quick look at your blog before it disappears? I had a look for it but I don't know what it is called or what name you use for that :-(

Blog about settling into a village house in the Axarquía. http://www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/tamara.aspx

Like 0      
07 Mar 2013 9:38 AM by Spanishtogs Star rating in Gales. 174 posts Send private message

Oh, so not a mine-field then?!!  Why don't they just have an 'Unsubscribe' button like any other decent website?  Why are they charging €9 a time for help?

Like 0      
07 Mar 2013 10:09 AM by tamaraessex Star rating in Colmenar, Malaga. 508 posts Send private message

tamaraessex´s avatar
I don't think you have to pay for help ..... ?

But it isn't like a mailing list that you unsubscribe from - in fact the weekly summary email DOES have an Unsubscribe button at the bottom AND a button to update your notification preferences.

The forum doesn't have an Unsubscribe button because it doesn't come to you .... YOU have to come to it! So all you need to do is stop coming :-). Websites don't have unsubscribe options - that is only on email lists where at some point you have opted IN to being emailed, and you are right that by law those have to have a way of you opting back out. And if you look back at one of your weekly EoS emails, there IS an unsubscribe option right at the end.

Blog about settling into a village house in the Axarquía. http://www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/tamara.aspx

Like 0      
07 Mar 2013 10:55 AM by eos_moderators Star rating in España. 173 posts Send private message

eos_moderators´s avatar

Hello Spanishtogs

We are not quite sure what has happened but we only received one notification on the 2rd of March asking for your post to be removed from this thread as you had mistaken the thread for an official EOS survey, which we proceeded with that very same day.

02 Mar 2013 08:10 by Spanishtogs  in Gales. 164 posts 

We do our best to respond as quickly as possible and under no circumstance do we ignore any enquiry. We are reviewing the inbound mails to see if there has been an error. If for some reason you do not receive a response within a reasonable time please feel free to PM the EOS_Moderators. For technical issues we do not charge anything but we do reserve a time period of 14 days to respond, as mentioned in the contact form, due to work loads. However we are normally much faster and this is not the case with your enquiries. We will send you a PM and provide a solution to your problems.

thanks

Eos Moderators.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

air con - 2 posts
Legal tip 905. Is it Gratuity? - 0 posts
camposol bridge - 3 posts
Asset Declaration 50,000 Euros - 17 posts
Inflation hits the medical market! - 3 posts
orcrosa - 0 posts
Satellite channel update: True Entertainment +1 - 1 posts
Before you buy in a community ask to see the community accounts - 7 posts
Listed Buildings( Zona Protegida) - 3 posts
PRICE OF PROPERTY IN MIJAS PUEBLO and AYAMONTE - 2 posts
Deposit contract, watch out! - 0 posts
MAZARRON MINES - 2 posts
moving at the start of 2014 (hopefully) - 26 posts
When is a bank in Spain not a bank and won't take my money - 4 posts
Hola from Algorfa, Costa Blanca - 3 posts
Income tax threshold - 11 posts
CAR HIRE FROM FARO - 0 posts
Living in an Almacen ..... is this legal? - 9 posts
Utilities - 26 posts
Pool Safety - suggestions please - 9 posts
Sun - satellite outages - possible interruption to signal - UK TV Costa Blanca - Calida - 2 posts
Lowest Price Wireless Internet - 0 posts
In the Alpujarra - 0 posts
Summer Car Hire - 0 posts
can anyone help - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 65

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x