NEW PADRON REQUIRED TO RETAIN HEALTH COVER ????

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 Aug 2012 1:22 PM by Poppyseed Star rating. 897 posts Send private message

'I know the padron is ususally best to be updated every year or so and you definately need one less than 3 months old if buying a car'

I bough a car without being on the Padron. As a non resident I can't register on the Padron but a letter from the Town Hall confirming I was a non resident homeowner worked although the dealer took some convincing. But as with everything else in Spain interpretations of rules differ from region to region, town hall to town hall and official to official.

Poppyseed

Like 0      
21 Aug 2012 2:39 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

When one talks about ‘renewing their padron’ they are usually talking about getting a new certificate not renewing the registration.

My son and daughter in law are not resident, although they each own an apartment,  but are both registered on the padron and both get a 30’% discount on their IBI etc.   However, they must renew the registration every, I think it is two years.

But to come back to the thread.

Anybody else have news about having to produce a certificate of empadronamiento to continue getting national health cover ?

This message was last edited by johnzx on 21/08/2012.

Like 0      
21 Aug 2012 5:48 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

bobaol-renewing a padron certificate is not free- at least not in mazarron. May only be a couple of euros a time, but it all adds up, as we seem to need them for this, that and the other.  Lucky you, if receiving a crown pension thats not taken into account when determining the amount capped for prescriptions-just validates the old saying" to them that hath shall be given" eg. Some one whose  income is 19000 euros will be paying more than someone whose actual income is 25000. Perhaps the crown pension should be declared even though not taxed in Spain, just to let the taxman know the exact income-seems more moral, somehow! maybe the Hacienda hasn't thought of that yet!

Like 0      
21 Aug 2012 6:51 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I believe that renewing the empadronamiento  is always free,  but if you require a certificate, some, not all,  municipalities make a charge

As for UK Government employee pensions, I tried to declare my pension to the Hacienda but they pushed the paperwork back, saying they did not need or want to know.

Camposol,   
                               may  be next you will be saying that those who are fortunate enough to get the UK Heating Allowance should also pay more, and even that everyone should be means tested on their savings, wealth, property, etc. !

Like 0      
21 Aug 2012 7:49 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

So why renew the padron if they charge you?  Do you need to buy a car or a house or take out expensive loans every 3 months?  If not, then you don't need to renew or am I missing something here?   Our town hall has a sign saying it only needs a new certificate every 5 years unless required for a specific purpose.  And, no, there is no charge made here so you must be very unlucky.

Crown pensions are taxed in UK and you have no say in it as they will not allow you to transfer it.  I wish they would as I would be paying less tax than I do in UK.  

As I have no medication it wouldn't bother me in the slightest what I am capped at.  It's just the OH that needs a monthly med and the cost to me is just over a euro.  Even when she had to see the quack for an ear infection the antibiotics only cost about 80 cents so it's hardly going to bother me if my Crown pension is declared or not (but it isn't due to the taxation in UK).  

Like 0      
21 Aug 2012 8:14 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Bob

But there is a big advantage in the present situation

If I was taxed on my Gov employee pension and State Retirement pension in the same country, I would get only one tax allowance. As it is by being taxed in two countries I get two allowances. This means, in my case that instead of paying tax on all my State pension I don’t pay any tax on any of it.

Like 0      
21 Aug 2012 8:41 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

I'll remember that when I get to the state retirement age (3 years to go yet),

Like 0      
22 Aug 2012 7:22 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

The point is that this new system means that the hacienda has to know the complete income in order to cap the amount paid.If someone has an income stated in Spain, and another in the UK which is not stated,  then the amount assessed is inaccurate and unfair.  I am not talking  about transfering crown pensions, I am merely stating that the total income  should be included on the tax declaration, to inform the Hacienda of the correct income, even thoughthe crown pension is not taxed in Spain. It is not right if someone has an income of say, 8000 in Spain, 12000 in UK,  he pays 8 euros, but someone else who does not have a crown pension and has an income of 19000 pays 18 euros.If you are not on many drugs then you will not be bothered, but many are on drugs adding up to hundreds of euros per month.

Yes bobaol- you will soon  have to mention all your assets in Spain and UK in the future- the wealth tax was not abolished, just zero rated, so that a new law does not have to be passed, just raise the percentage.There will definitely be more means testing in UK  and I bet the fuel allowance for ex pats will go.

As for the padron, it is asked for on many occasions so you do have to pay for a new certificate.

Like 0      
22 Aug 2012 8:04 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Sorry Campo,   but who said anything in life  must be fair? Rich people  avoiding tax is not fair to most who pay tax, but it is legal.

As I said, the heating allowance is not fair but it is the the way it is.

Patrimonio tax (wealth tax) for  Non-Resident starts on assets (a property) above 600,000 euros;  For Residents it's above 1,000,000.

Non-Resident property tax starts  from '0' euros.

A certificate of Empadronamiento has a fairly short validly life, so no point in getting one until it is needed. Some municipalities do not charge for a certificate, others do.  Maybe some think that's not fair either !

Just for clarity: Crown Pensions are those enjoyed by former Crown Servants, the exemption to tax in Spain applies to the pensions of former government employees, and includes Crown Servants.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 22/08/2012.

Like 0      
25 Aug 2012 3:14 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

I t would be simple enough to incorporate a section on every tax declaration asking the tax payer to fill whether they receive any income not taxable in Spain, thus enabling the correct income to be assessed for capping of prescription payment; of course, some would lie!

I have always wondered why, on applying for residencia, the applicant is not asked to fill in the UK National Insurance number, which would make them more traceable. Also, at the same time an application form to register on the Spanish tax system should be handed out, with the warning that failure to do so will result in a a fine, plus the fact that all medical care and prescriptions must be paid for in full unless registered. Before anyone bleats that the UK make a large payment to Spain for each ex pat, remember that it is on the basis   that they are treated like a Spanish National, in other words, one that is registered on the Spanish tax system.

Like 0      
25 Aug 2012 3:24 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I have always wondered why, on applying for residencia, (Than has not existed  for EU citizens since 2007,   it is registration on the EI Citizens Register)  the applicant is not asked to fill in the UK National Insurance number, which would make them more traceable.

Maybe because there are 25 countries in the EU all who have an absolute right to live in Spain, all with different systems in their home countries.  And there are also all those from outside the EU, who come to Spain and apply for Residencia Status.

Like 0      
25 Aug 2012 3:30 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

What's that got to do with it? I am writing about tracing people who should be registered on the Spanish tax system. people may have a right to be here, but anything that makes it easier to ensure they are legal has to be good-a call to DWP or HMRC  to check on tax or eligibility to healthcare is much easier with a NI number.

Like 0      
25 Aug 2012 4:36 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Sorry I thought this thread was :-

NEW PADRON REQUIRED TO RETAIN HEALTH COVER ????

Like 0      
25 Aug 2012 7:59 PM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 744 posts Send private message

Camposol wroye;

" It would be simple enough to incorporate a section on every tax declaration asking the tax payer to fill whether they receive any income not taxable in Spain, "                                        

It would be a good idea but unfortunately illegal. Under EU law a legal resident foreigner cannot be asked questions that a spanish national is not. asked. i.E. you cannot be asked whether you have any income from another country unless the same questyion is asked of a national. 

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      
28 Aug 2012 5:57 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

Then it is an idiotic law. No wonder Spain is in  a state

Like 0      
28 Aug 2012 6:36 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Campsol,

Idiotoic maybe but what about this for a really substantial loss to the system.

This is from a newsletter which I give up my time to edit for the benefit of others :-

Fraud with Health Cards

The government has discovered that health cards of 150,000 people who have died are still in use. The situation was detected upon the introduction of the new system, where patients must pay part of the cost of prescribed medicines.   In addition, there are 800,000 cardholders who are not registered with the Social Security System,  200,000 registered as retired, and thus fraudulently obtaining free medication.

The question coming to mind is : How has the Social Security System been managed, when almost 1 million people have been able to access it fraudulently ?

Like 0      
28 Aug 2012 8:04 PM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 744 posts Send private message

When we went to renew our medical cards recently we found out that the soc. sec. office had no idea we were in the system !  It would appear that there is some gaping flaws in the tie-up of the systems.

Of those 150,000 dead people whose cards were still being used, apparently 80,000 were in Andalucia alone . lol.

I can well understand how the soc.sec. is a shambles having been in one of there offices this morning for a pre-arranged appointment. All 20 staff have a list with the times & names of each appointment & yet they have no way of knowing who has called which client & who has been seen without asking around each other. I said to the wife , " I've a job not to laugh ".

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

duplicate licences, and licence category - 0 posts
Attention Jet2 points collectors - 3 posts
Changed to a Spanish Licence and now robbed of all my catagories! - 15 posts
Torresat - 0 posts
Why Torresat price has gone up - 0 posts
The Torresat price rise - 0 posts
double taxation - 1 posts
Advertising - 12 posts
Post Purchase Checks - 0 posts
Help needed with Blog editing - 5 posts
Copy of E mail from Flybe about UK Aviation Taxes... - 2 posts
Change of statute - 6 posts
Will they take the gamble - 2 posts
Sunglasses and driving. - 35 posts
Where should tax be paid UK or Spain ? - 14 posts
Wanted Long term rental in Turre - 0 posts
child seating on coaches - 1 posts
Upholster for foam - 2 posts
Secure storage space wanted - 1 posts
Hi from manilva - 0 posts
Please help the Bees - 0 posts
Community fee penalties - 3 posts
Changing car documents - 9 posts
Changing name of car documents - 2 posts
Iwant to swap my 3 bed semi in Bridgend S Wales for an apartment near Estepona - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 37

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x