Attention Jet2 points collectors

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Aug 2012 6:18 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I received an email from Jet2 today. Seems they have taken a dose of "sense" with the flights you can take with points:

Now you can fly for absolutely NOTHING! How is it possible? Well, we’ve made travelling tax-free when you use your myJet2 points.* And as you’ve already collected 1207 points^, you can take advantage of totally free flights right away!

All you have to do is log into your account, visit the ’spend my points’ page and take your pick from the routes listed below for travel in September and October. Then simply enter the code FREETAX on the payment page and hey presto! Your taxes and charges will be completely FREE!*

In fact, the extra savings you make will certainly give your spending money a boost, so you can be sure of enjoying your time away. As you can imagine, this limited-time promotion has got off to a flying start! So book a free flight before the offer ends and

I always wondered how free flights could be so expensive in the past, in fact, free flights were more expensive than full price Ryanair flights!!! It may mean you have to collect a few more points to get a flight, but a much better way of running the scheme I think.

Mark

Like 0      
17 Aug 2012 7:12 PM by johnwspooner Star rating in Sucina, Murcia and N.... 14 posts Send private message

johnwspooner´s avatar

Mark,

I also got the e mail but when i check the "Eligible routes"  (see below) there is zero for Spain.

The only reason i fly Jet2 is for their link between Newcastle and Murcia there are no other routes that interest me so yes i agree its a good idea from Jet2 but the routes available are probably just their loss makers anyway.

Eligible Routes

Routes from Blackpool
Routes from East Midlands
Routes from Edinburgh
Routes from Glasgow
Routes from Leeds Bradford
Routes from Manchester
Routes from Newcastle

Regards,

John.

Like 0      
17 Aug 2012 7:24 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Hadn't gone as far as looking John .

That said, I just looked at the website whilst logged in. Your list doesn't show Leeds to Murcia or Alicante, but if I actually try to book on the website, Alicante and Murcia are offering rewards/ points flights. 

I also tried looking at Newcastle to Alicante and there are rewards flights there. Haven't gone as far as booking to put in the redemption code though to see if it cancels out the charge.

Mark

Like 0      
17 Aug 2012 7:54 PM by johnwspooner Star rating in Sucina, Murcia and N.... 14 posts Send private message

johnwspooner´s avatar

Hi Mark,

This is the e mail page i received from Jet2.

If you scroll to the bottom it shows destinations available from Newcastle.

Note nothing to Spain....i agree i can still redeem my points on other eligible dates / fares to Murcia but not completely free. I have well over 2000 points but never seem to manage to get an eligible flight when i want to go.

One other tip for everyone... never log in to see if there is a flight available on a certain date then log out if you want to think about it because when you log back in.. lo and behold i guarantee the flight has just shot up in price.

It's these wonderful "cookies" that websites use to track your habits.

Jet2.com - Friendly low fares

myJet2 Exclusive Offer

10th August 2012

Home

Find Low fares

Spend Points

Manage My Booking

View My Account

Questions

Redeem myJet2 points to pay for Taxes!

Don't miss out! You can now fly for absolutely NOTHING on selected city flights for travel in September and October using myJet2 points!** As well as redeeming points to pay for your base fare as normal, you can now pay for your taxes and charges by redeeming just 400 extra points!**

To claim this offer simply log into your account, visit the 'Spend my points' page, and once you've selected your flights enter the promotion code: FREETAX on the payment page. The taxes and charges for any flight where myJet2 points have been spent on the base fare will reduce to zero!

This offer is only available to book on the routes listed below for a limited time, for travel between 1st September - 31st October 2012. This offer has proved popular since it launched a week ago, so don't miss out, book a free flight while you can!

Routes from Newcastle

Great Flight Times, 22kg Bag Allowance, Allocated Seats, Points for FREE flights

Regards,

John.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Changed to a Spanish Licence and now robbed of all my catagories! - 15 posts
Torresat - 0 posts
Why Torresat price has gone up - 0 posts
The Torresat price rise - 0 posts
double taxation - 1 posts
Advertising - 12 posts
Post Purchase Checks - 0 posts
Help needed with Blog editing - 5 posts
Copy of E mail from Flybe about UK Aviation Taxes... - 2 posts
Change of statute - 6 posts
Will they take the gamble - 2 posts
Sunglasses and driving. - 35 posts
Where should tax be paid UK or Spain ? - 14 posts
Wanted Long term rental in Turre - 0 posts
child seating on coaches - 1 posts
Upholster for foam - 2 posts
Secure storage space wanted - 1 posts
Hi from manilva - 0 posts
Please help the Bees - 0 posts
Community fee penalties - 3 posts
Changing car documents - 9 posts
Changing name of car documents - 2 posts
Iwant to swap my 3 bed semi in Bridgend S Wales for an apartment near Estepona - 0 posts
Beware when selling your car in Spain. - 0 posts
Bobbie - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x