What Does awaiting Title Deeds mean

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 May 2012 6:43 PM by tteedd Star rating in Hertfordshire & Punt.... 990 posts Send private message

Johno & Stella

Tiberons comment about renting is a really good idea.

No better way of finding out what is going on and if you like it than being there. But get your own Abogado, preferably from out of the area, and take his advice if you do decide to buy.

Tteedd

Like 0      
06 May 2012 7:12 PM by bergspyder Star rating. 44 posts Send private message

Wow, this is the first EOS post with which I totally agree.... Thankfully, because I was beginning to think I hadn't understood anything despite having had no real problems myself buying in Spain from notorious local criminal. OK, I had a lawyer (€2k), I went for the escritura (€600) and the vendor was forced to get the habitation certificate (which, as below, he says cost him €8k) but the second escritura (of just €14k) I did myself after the well-known lawyers on this site -- Costaluz -- wanted their full whack on such a small deal. And I have to say the Notary & Registry Office were more than tolerant to this foreigner........   

The escritura is between the two parties (or their lawyers) and the Notary. Nothing to do with the council. Although a good lawyer may tell his client not to sign if there are problems. Our abogado, when we bought, advised against buying without an escritura or a cert of habitation. Just as well, the place had no planning permission at the time! I got my keys a year later than my neighbours but I had bank guarantees for the money I had paid and was therefore never at risk of loosing it. Had the developer gone bust my neighbours could have been left with nothing because they did not own the houses they had paid for.

The certificate of habitation is issued by the council when the developer has fullfilled all requirements. It may be that some councils are tardy including Mazarron but in Camposol's case (like most others) I understood the types of issue were: infrastructure incomplete (roads, lighting etc), properties having no planning permission, wrong types of housing etc

Like 0      
08 May 2012 11:03 AM by Thewoodbug Star rating. 32 posts Send private message

May I suggest that you take a rental for 6 months or so and you can then take a good look around the different areas. Once you have 'bought' you will be anchored for a long time. All property with or without title deeds is very hard to sell at present and if you don't like the area, you will be stuck there. I came to Spain 5 years ago with the intention of buying a home in Andalucia but the prices then were mad and there were problems with 'illegal builds' etc (many of the problems were self-inflicted by ex-pats), so I decided to rent until I could get a handle on things - and that was the best move I ever made and 5 years later having moved around Spain I have ended up in Alicante and I am looking to buy, in the next few months where I am certain I want to be.

When you do buy excercise great caution and be certain your prospective new home is exactly what and where you want it and remember, what suits one person may not suit another. I couldn't possibly live on an urbanization, but thousands do and enjoy it, so it doesn't make me right, or in a position to recommend a campo home to a newcomer.

Spain is a brilliant place to live if you get it right, so take your time, learn some Spanish (if you haven't already), and get to know and understand the culture, the people and the rules. I wish you the very best of luck and hope that you enjoy life here as much as I have

Woodbug.

Like 0      
08 May 2012 11:10 AM by charlie2 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi there,

In my opinion I would definately steer clear of buying without title deeds or habitation certificate. We own a lovely villa with a pool which is fully legal but if we had our time again and knew what we know now,  we would rent a property out there rather than buy. They are so cheap to rent and you don't have the hassle of trying to sell in the furture if you don't like the area. Also, the inheritance tax is horrendous if the inheritors are non residents as the tax is based on each inheritor. Unlike the UK where the estate is taxed if over £650,000.   We are currently on a swap website and are hoping to do a swap for a UK property. If we are lucky enough to get one, we will rent it out and the rent will pay for a rental home in spain.

Regard,

Sue Potts 

Like 0      
08 May 2012 10:22 PM by tteedd Star rating in Hertfordshire & Punt.... 990 posts Send private message

Hi Sue

Your post brings back memories. When we first thought of buying in Spain about 11 years ago, we went to an 'Atlas' exhibition at a hotel in (I think) Hemel Hempstead.

It was not the exhibition that sticks in my mind but the fact that an estate agent near the hotel was selling properties in Spain including a swap or part swap in Denia. The agent was obviously well placed if Atlas had frequent exhibitions.

It would cost you an estate agents fee if it worked, but advertising your swap with a UK agent in the area you would like to move to might be an idea for you?

Tteedd

This message was last edited by tteedd on 08/05/2012.

Like 0      
09 May 2012 10:35 AM by gaula Star rating in marbella and the u.k. 64 posts Send private message

For all client who dream of buying ion Spain without a title deed I suggest you read the thread technologia urbanistica and discover how vunerabel you and your life savings are if you follow this stupid path

Like 0      
30 Aug 2012 8:15 PM by aliton Star rating. 331 posts Send private message

We are buying a house on Camposol  and have already seen a copy of the title deeds so confident it will all go through . Had major problems with trying to borrow from Spanish banks and have ended up raising some of the finance through our UK Home. I have been reading lots of comments about Camposol and none of them has put us off. Reason being, Camposol`s got soul.. everything we want for our place in the sun. We really considered "Polaris World" resorts including Condado de Alhama which is just down the road . Very nice but a bit too repetitive as almost everyones house in huge blocks are the same, and really only one Bar to go to, If you get barred your stuck !. We have seen some stunning houses on Camposol with private pools and huge gardens and everyone seems to be different , the variety adds character to each area and when the communal gardens are finally done and roads completed It will be just  fantastic. the Beverly Hills of Murcia..and near to the new airport to boot. So we chose Camposol rather than the Polaris World Resorts and for those who think we went "downmarket" think again. The average price of a house / villa on Camposol is approx 120,000 Euros. The average price on Condado resort if 70,000 for re-sales. (Source is Rightmove overseas property) . Camposol has about 13 Bars 3 supermarkets/ general stores, DIY Shop, Banks, Petrol station,Post Office, Golf Course and Hotel with 5 star Spa,Bus Service,  Noddy Bus...clubs,Sunday Market,lots of places to eat,estate agents x 4 , nearer the beaches, off licence,and loads, loads more going on than we could find at Condado or La torre and although some might think they are the "Posh Neighbours" they need to "think again". If you dont believe me Rent a week at both Resorts and make your own mind up...!  thats what we did and despite the bank problems we are still delighted with our choice. !!

This message was last edited by aliton on 30/08/2012.

Fomer member revisiting r.

Like 0      
31 Aug 2012 2:11 PM by Johno2427 Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

We have now settled in Camposol and bought a place on Sector A.  Thanks for all the advice given by people on this Forum.  We bought our place with all the paperwork in place and now have all the originals safely locked up.  I have got to say I was pleasantly surprised at how easy every aspect of buying the propery went through.  Buying a car was also simple and I recieved the change of ownership of the car documents within 2 weeks.  Once again thank you all for your sound advice.

Johno & Stella Johnson

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Use of CCTV on Communities - breach of privacy or not?? - 25 posts
Nuisance phone calls - 4 posts
Help with air con? Puerto De Mazarron - 5 posts
Cibank Euro Account - 0 posts
Kitesurfing board for sale - 0 posts
How to get Vietnam Work permit? - 0 posts
Mortgage - 2 posts
Quick-Save Camposol - 3 posts
Nice towns to consider living near the coast between Almeria and Valencia - 24 posts
Adding photos to this forum - 0 posts
Kitesurfing kite for sale - 3 posts
BMI BABY FLIGHT WW5328 13.8.2010 - 2 posts
royal crown car hire - 0 posts
Royal Crown car hire Rojales? - 0 posts
Annoying Green POPUP AD on EOS Website - 2 posts
Interim Death Certificate issued in UK - 0 posts
Ryanair to pass on budget pain for flights from Spain - 42 posts
CAR FOR SALE SEAT LEON - 0 posts
proffesional signiture - 11 posts
Little Dog lost in Algeciras - 1 posts
Cheap car hire around Rojales, Formentara, Quesada. No extra charges - 0 posts
Electrical wiring help - 10 posts
What is European Law ? - 0 posts
Ryanair and Gatwick - 0 posts
Google play - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 28

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x