V1 Feria de Sevillanas Formentera de Segura May 2011

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 May 2011 12:00 AM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

Saturday 28th May
18.30 Parade around the streets collecting people who wish to make a floral offering to the Inmaculada Concepcion at the church
19.00 Floral offerings placed at the Church
23.00 Dance school performance
23.30 Concert of a group ´Flamenquito Pa´tos.

Sunday 29th
12.00 Mass
20.00 Band leads the new queens and ladies
21.00 Procession of Inmaculada Concepcion around the streets
22.00 Firework display

For a small village, the do us proud with the fiestas!

Irene

Like 0      
29 May 2011 9:45 PM by joker2006 Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Good evening

My father lives out there part time and just got back today and saw this on saturday night and said it brilliant.

He also said there is also something going on in august and was wondering if you knew the dates for this as me and my family will be at his place in august and was hoping we could see the village at its best.

Many thanks

Mark

Like 0      
29 May 2011 9:56 PM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

Hi Mark

Well, if previous years are anything to go by, then we have the fiesta of San Roque. I am not sure but it should start on 14th August with a very solemn procession around the village where the statue is carried by the peñas from the Church to the Rincon de Molino where she sits until the end of August.

After that, there are all sorts of crazy and whacky things that go on in the village - there´s always a foam party, there´s a sardine breakfast, a paella cooking competition, parades of the big heads, events for children in the square, a crazy competition where local chaps ´spear´ rings which hang from what looks like a goalpost. They have to ride bicycles through the posts and spear the rings. The rings have the name of one of the local princesses attached, who presents the rider with a melon! There´s also a great parade of the peñas through the village.

For a small village, it really puts on a great show - I forgot ... loads of fireworks!

Shame you won´t be here on 30th and 31st July as we´re holding a two day Music Fest which promises to be a great event for all ages!

When the programme schedule is announced I´ll post it on EOS

Irene

Like 0      
29 May 2011 10:16 PM by joker2006 Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Hi Irene,

Many thanks for your quick reply. Thats great information,  I hope it is the 14th this year as that is the day we arrive. We get there earlish in the morning so hopefully we can get too see some.

Ill keep an eye out on here for more info many thanks.

p.s love the village.

Like 0      
29 May 2011 11:41 PM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

Where´s your dad´s place?

Like 0      
02 Jun 2011 8:42 PM by joker2006 Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

good evening

His place is near the astroturf pitch calle juan pablo ll i think it is called

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Legal tip 538. I am doing something crazy this summer - 7 posts
Orange - ADSL con Televisión Orange - 0 posts
Racism in school - 33 posts
Half Moon Holdings SLU - Holiday club re-sellers - 5 posts
Need work - Gandia - 3 posts
making a tax return 2010 - 3 posts
Sign Ruth's petition - 0 posts
Sign Ruths petition - 0 posts
Sign Ruth's petition - 0 posts
Flying to Gibraltar - 0 posts
Marbella feria - 2 posts
tow bar - 2 posts
Via Regia Project - 2 posts
Prepayment Master Card - 0 posts
Leeds Bradford airport introduces £2 drop off fee. - 6 posts
Lightweight wheelchair for sale almost new. - 1 posts
Schools in Almeria-Almerimar HELP! - 0 posts
Where is tax office in Almeria region? - 3 posts
Is this legal? - 7 posts
Mortgage company Suing us in England - 5 posts
Golden Retrievers - 6 posts
Golden Retrievers - 0 posts
902 numbers - 3 posts
office table - 0 posts
Is a Carpark space counted as a second property from la renta tax perspective? - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x