making a tax return 2010

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 May 2011 12:00 AM by pittstop Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

ok, I registered as a tax payer in Spain last year.  For the first tax year (2009) I received a "borrador" which included a declaration form for me to sign and return to my local office.  Even though I'm a full-time resident here in Spain, I don't earn enough through interest on my bank accounts to trigger any of the minimums so I made a nil declaration.  All sorted no problems.

This year the Borrador arrived with no section to sign?  I'm confused.  I've used an on-line translator and even asked a bi-lingual friend to look it over and neither of us can find what we need to do with it IF IT IS CORRECT.  All the instructions are how to make CHANGES, but I don't need to make any changes.

I'm concious that the deadline for returns is less than 6 weeks away and don't want a fine. 

Is anyone else in the same position? can anyone explain to me what I do next.  I just want yo sign it and send it back but there isn't any scenario listed on it where I can do that.  Do I just ignore it? My friend suggested giving it to my bank to stamp it for me and return it on my behalf, but as there are no bank details listed (all my current accounts are located in the UK and my joint account has my partner as first named account holder so non of the bank details appear on my Borrador) I don't see what the bank would need to see it for?

I have friends who just ignored theirs last year and got a fine so I don't want to do that unless I can obtain official confirmation no action is required.  The website (even with google translating for me) isn't much help.

Like 0      
02 Jun 2011 4:16 PM by gestoriasalvador Star rating in Almería. 9 posts Send private message

gestoriasalvador´s avatar

You should go to their Offices or also you can confirmate the "Borrador" calling 901 200 345 with your NIF and proof numbers...

Like 0      
12 Jun 2011 10:47 AM by JohnKath Star rating. 157 posts Send private message

What is a "Borrador"?   Why or when do the National Tax office (Hacienda) send out the Borrador?  I registered for tax earlier this year with Modelo 030 and the local Hacienda signed off my HMRC form FD9. I know that with just my State Pension and a very small Private Pension to declare I will not pay tax but I do want to get on the radar to mitigate future  IHT.

This message was last edited by JohnKath on 12/06/2011.

Like 0      
12 Jun 2011 1:23 PM by gestoriasalvador Star rating in Almería. 9 posts Send private message

gestoriasalvador´s avatar

"Borrador" is a paper where "Hacienda" figures out your money debts and earnings and if you see that they are true, you confirmate it.

You have to go to the National Tax office in your city and ask for it.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Sign Ruth's petition - 0 posts
Sign Ruths petition - 0 posts
Sign Ruth's petition - 0 posts
Flying to Gibraltar - 0 posts
Marbella feria - 2 posts
tow bar - 2 posts
Via Regia Project - 2 posts
Prepayment Master Card - 0 posts
Leeds Bradford airport introduces £2 drop off fee. - 6 posts
Lightweight wheelchair for sale almost new. - 1 posts
Schools in Almeria-Almerimar HELP! - 0 posts
Where is tax office in Almeria region? - 3 posts
Is this legal? - 7 posts
Mortgage company Suing us in England - 5 posts
Golden Retrievers - 6 posts
Golden Retrievers - 0 posts
902 numbers - 3 posts
office table - 0 posts
Is a Carpark space counted as a second property from la renta tax perspective? - 1 posts
SMART CURRENCY - 12 posts
PSOE OUCH! - 3 posts
British v Irish Consulates - 6 posts
Online Translations - 73 posts
British GP Doctor - 1 posts
Am I on this planet? - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x