Legal tip 538. I am doing something crazy this summer

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 May 2011 12:00 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Legal tip 538. I am doing something crazy this summer 
25 May 2011 @ 19:49 

Summer is arriving. Judicial activity fall and I need to do something  really crazy for my clients.

Please understand what I mean when I say crazy.

I did a survery recently and most of my clients are willing to buy in Spain again as soon as they receive their refunds. These clients, many of them, do not have a Bank Guarantee and we are therefore directing claims against Banks which received the deposits ( provision 1.2 of Law 57/68)

I am approaching Banks with good properties in their stock and am offering them to settle with the claim our clients are bringing against them in exchange of one of those properties, with the correspondent price reduction ( equivalent to amount of claim).

I will be asking them to pay all expenses and legal fees.

Would you be interested? Please email me

Would Bank be interested? Please email me too :)

Love,

Maria

Zahora, Costa de la Luz, Cádiz, Spain by Tixikita69 at Flickr.com

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
25 May 2011 8:16 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Maria,

Does this mean fast tracking by the Banks for only those willling to do deals , whilst those who have been waiting for years for their appeals to be heard and awaiting recompense as per their successful judgements against developers, (and who have since been advised to follow the BG claim route), will be side tracked by the Banks, against whom you are also making claims (collective bank guarantee claims)?

If this is the case then this would be quite a worrying development for those who wish to receive speedier recompense via the Bank claim route rather than do a deal with those Banks who failed to follow the law........  lets hope that your actions do not further compromise those who prefer recompense! How do you envisage this will pan out?

Like 0      
25 May 2011 8:32 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

No ads: it will not be the case. Please do not worry.

Different people: different circumsntance: different possibilities :different solutions

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
25 May 2011 9:06 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

I fear that this is exactly what will happen Maria, and that the Banks will refuse to honour their obligations or become obstructive for those unwilling to do deals.

I sincerely hope that I am proved wrong on this.......

Like 0      
26 May 2011 1:01 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 688 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi Maria and Ads - I can understand both points of view here.  I think people who do not want to go down this route could be very anxious that this would be a further excuse for delay from the banks.

I also have a number of concerns about the proposal itself:

• firstly, would you ever get the thing off the ground?  The banks are so chaotic that I doubt they could deal with linking a client, to whom they owed money, to the same client trying to buy one of their repossessions.  We completed today on a bank repo and it has been a nightmare, as one part of the bank doesn't talk to the other, and no-one at the bank seemed to have a clue what to do next.  This was a very straightforward purchase, but they made it into something incredibly complex and it has taken months, when it should have been a few weeks.
  • add to that, Maria, even if you got an agreement with a specific bank over a specific client, you may need to negotiate all over again with the local people, as I believe that each local manager has autonomy and can veto a decision made by another manager elsewhere. 
  • then you have the problem of choosing the property and ensuring they don't artificially inflate the price as they have a  "captive" client - perhaps it would be better to choose the property first - at the advertised price - and then talk about deducting the money owed?  However, you then risk losing that property while they try to get their heads around the matter.

Maria, if you can make this work, it would be good for some people.  Sorry if I sound very negative, but we are agents for several banks and they are generally unco-ordinated and unhelpful.  However, do let us know if you can make it happen.

Like 0      
26 May 2011 1:15 PM by fultond Star rating in Haywards Heath & Tor.... 242 posts Send private message

I particularly agree with Claire's last point. What would the property value be based on prior to the discount being applied? Bank Valuation? Outstanding mortgage amount?

I was involved in a similar offer from an agent working with banks. I think the uptake was nil, as all the properties offered, after subtracting lost deposits from the asking price, were still way above current market prices.

This will only work if there is some real transparancy here, with property prices being based on real selling prices in the same areas.

Dave

Like 0      
26 May 2011 5:35 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

I hope and trust that Keith will do all in his power as per his petition recommendations to ensure that fast tracking applies to ALL claims against the Banks, and that any attempt by the Banks to obstruct recompense as per legal judgements will be highlighted in the media. No longer should we stand idly by and watch, as Banks remain unaccountable for these transgressions, playing a system of INDEFINITE delays under a justice administrative system in disarray. 

How potential purchasers can consider purchasing in Spain is (sadly) beyond me, so long as these abuses and rights issues remain unresolved. The Spanish Government are failing in their duty to uphold the law, which places everyone at risk, should they ever require consumer protection to be enacted in Spain.

I'm sorry Maria, although your intentions may be honourable, these risks need to be identified and resolved by the Spanish Government before encouraging purchase in Spain, and everyone should be pressuring the Government to focus on the heart of the problem, which is to provide a justice system in place that upholds the law in a fair and responsible timely manner, to recognise citizens rights and to ensure compensation (whether this be via the Banks or Government) for those whose rights have been abused .........

So long as the status quo remains, we need to come together on this, to make the Banks truly accountable via swift recompense, and also ensure that those denied of their rights in Spain will be protected. Clients should not be pressured by the Banks into quick fix solutions, under fear that by not “dealing”, they might be overlooked or obstructed. You only have to look to the recent history of events and behaviour by the Banks and Ruth's petition, to understand our concerns in this regard.

This message was last edited by ads on 26/05/2011.

Like 0      
28 May 2011 12:24 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Let´s try, let´s see... step by step

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Orange - ADSL con Televisión Orange - 0 posts
Racism in school - 33 posts
Half Moon Holdings SLU - Holiday club re-sellers - 5 posts
Need work - Gandia - 3 posts
making a tax return 2010 - 3 posts
Sign Ruth's petition - 0 posts
Sign Ruths petition - 0 posts
Sign Ruth's petition - 0 posts
Flying to Gibraltar - 0 posts
Marbella feria - 2 posts
tow bar - 2 posts
Via Regia Project - 2 posts
Prepayment Master Card - 0 posts
Leeds Bradford airport introduces £2 drop off fee. - 6 posts
Lightweight wheelchair for sale almost new. - 1 posts
Schools in Almeria-Almerimar HELP! - 0 posts
Where is tax office in Almeria region? - 3 posts
Is this legal? - 7 posts
Mortgage company Suing us in England - 5 posts
Golden Retrievers - 6 posts
Golden Retrievers - 0 posts
902 numbers - 3 posts
office table - 0 posts
Is a Carpark space counted as a second property from la renta tax perspective? - 1 posts
SMART CURRENCY - 12 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x