Router problem

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 May 2011 12:00 AM by amatista Star rating. 440 posts Send private message

Hi, I have an ADSL and telephone line with Movistar/Telefonica.

12 months ago, my movistar router broke, so I bought a better Linksys model from shop in Fuengirola. They configured router and it has worked fine ever since. Saturday night internet went off, along with light on router.

I called Telefonica who told me their records showed i had a movistar router. I asked them what difference it made, and they said I had to reconfigure router. If this is the case, how come it has worked for 12 months? Will the guy who sold me the router be able to sort this out, or does anyone have the correct configurations for movistar routers, as man on phone told me this was open information??

As I am not technically minded, what do I have to do?

Confused.com

Like 0      
02 May 2011 10:11 PM by lobin Star rating. 256 posts Send private message

I have a movistar router and when it started acting funny two weeks ago, I called Telefonica technical assistance department.  They told me to reset the router by introducing an open paper clip in a very small hole on the back of the router and holding it there to a count of 20 seconds. After that I was told to turn the router off and turn it back on and then activate the wireless signal by reintroducing the clip in the same tiny hole for a count of 3 seconds.  It has worked fine since then.

I suggest you call the shop where you bought your router and find out how to reset it to its original configuration or visit the manufacturers website for instructions.

Like 0      
02 May 2011 10:56 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Amatista...

Firstly, Movistar would have replaced your router free of charge had you asked them to.

As regards your Linksis router, do you have any lights on? Is the power light on?

If the power light is on, look at the back of the router and you will find a reset button; as lobin suggested, it may be inaccessible but can be accessed using an opened up paperclip. Depress the button and hold it depressed for 30 seconds, then release.

After this hard reset, let the router sort itself out. If the dsl light comes on, (and it may take a couple of minutes) if you are using Windows XP, reboot the computer. (Switch it off and back on again or use the 'Restart'  facility. If you are using Vista or W7 the computer should find the router and start communicating without the need to reboot.

Again as lobin said If you are using a wireless connection between the router and the computer, you will need to push the same Reset button for a count of three seconds (no more than this or it will go into a full reset mode again!)

If the Power light is not on the obvious things to check are the ON/OFF switch on the back of the router or the mains adaptor plug.

If the Power light is on but the unit fails to respond to the hard reset , on a different computer try this website for further instructions.

http://www.tech-faq.com/linksys-router-password.html

If all else fails, call telefonica again and ask them to replace your router.

Hope this helps.

fb

This message was last edited by foxbat on 02/05/2011.

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
03 May 2011 11:47 AM by amatista Star rating. 440 posts Send private message

Thanks Lobin and Foxbat, I have been back to the shop where I bought the router and he has reconfigured it. All fine again now but thanks anyway, Jane

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Had enough now! - 17 posts
Student finance support UK - 0 posts
Those affected by Instant Acess Properties - 0 posts
Osama Bin Laden killed in Pakistan! - 4 posts
Auberge, Benijofar - 10 posts
WANTED: Seville centre(ish) appartment - Sept 2011 to June 2012 - 2 posts
Help! Bees Nest!!!! - 7 posts
Long Term Rental - Quesada - Los Montesinos - El Raso - 2 posts
Borrador - 6 posts
Over three and a half hours of The Royal Wedding, enjoy! - 0 posts
QUESTION RE SPANISH HEALTH SYSTEM - 3 posts
cd player for car needed. murcia/mazarron area. - 0 posts
It isn't just the British - 2 posts
UK couple living near Estepona Looking for friends - 0 posts
Reach the World - 0 posts
Long term rental wanted , Villa country house East of Estapona - 0 posts
Looking to rent house - 0 posts
Petition: An Open Letter to David Lidington, Minister for Europe - 66 posts
Royal Wedding Congratulations - 11 posts
Pussy Natural Energy Drink - 2 posts
Lift from alicante airport to Quesada on sat june 4th - 3 posts
Traditional sign writer required for some hand painted signwork. - 2 posts
Address - 2 posts
Thule Roof Bars with Locks - 0 posts
Thule Evolution 700 Roof Box - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x