Palmera Properties

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 Mar 2011 6:14 PM by Daniels Star rating in Waterlooville & Pent.... 220 posts Send private message

Send in the boy's that are good at debt recovery (if you know what I mean) - you have more of a chance to get your money. The legal system hasn't worked. So let them know you will not be using the legal system anymore and you will be getting your money one way or the other.

It usually works in the UK unless they have gone bust.

Like 0      
25 Mar 2011 6:25 PM by klowe Star rating. 26 posts Send private message

before we decided on the legal route, my sister was  given the name of someone who would do just that , but I couldnt agree so we decided on lawyers, wish I hadnt now  but at that time had faith that the legal way would be the best way - ha- ha 

Like 0      
25 Mar 2011 6:47 PM by fultond Star rating in Haywards Heath & Tor.... 242 posts Send private message

Couldn't agree on what? The price?

Like 0      
25 Mar 2011 6:54 PM by klowe Star rating. 26 posts Send private message

no couldnt agree to using  the threat of violence

Like 0      
25 Mar 2011 6:54 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Which court handled your cases?

Like 0      
25 Mar 2011 6:58 PM by klowe Star rating. 26 posts Send private message

25 Mar 2011 7:08 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Was it court no 4?

Like 0      
25 Mar 2011 7:11 PM by klowe Star rating. 26 posts Send private message

no it was no 9

Like 0      
25 Mar 2011 8:22 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Don't know if this is of any relevance but this was posted by Rosegreen back in December about Malaga court

"we had a bank guarantee which they said was out of date. Our lawyer terminated our contract but the bank refused to honour the guarantee.  We went to cort in Malaga and the judge found in our favour however the bank still did not pay.. Then we were told that the judge was corrupt and was put in jail so our case would have to go to court again. In september 2009 the new judge found in our favour.  However the bank still did not pay so we went to the Banc de Espana.  In September this year the court enforced the banc de Espana.  The money was the nput in the court about two weeks and sent to our lawyer this week/  We were told that the Court No4 in Malaga was one of the most corrupt in Spain and that there was a backlog of work. "

Like 0      
08 Apr 2011 2:42 AM by robson Star rating. 25 posts Send private message

we are in the same position we have won our case for deposits back plus  interest and court costs but gotardo says he  has no money ? How can he be still trading  and accepting deposits  ? Our lawyer got a detective report that seems to show the money changed into his wifes name  after they divorced . Surely  something can be done . We are waiting constantly for emails to get news  usually they dont reply but we live on a rollercoaster of  maybe this is it ?????????????? then no chance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .

Like 0      
08 Apr 2011 9:09 AM by klowe Star rating. 26 posts Send private message

think im duplicating here but cant find where my other reply has gone , so apologies

Hi Robson

We had exactly the same embargo but  have had a valuation on the land and it is worth about 1/2 of 15,000 as Palmera only owned  50%. Its a bit starnge that lawbird indicated to us prior to the valuation that we were the only people with  a claim on this land? who was your lawyer at Lawbird? It is not worth pursuing because we would not be able to do anything with the land even if we did win any further court cases, but I just find it amazing that they have told you the same as us and were at one point wanting us to pursue this further until I said we were not prepared to throw any more money at this. I am wondering if we could use this bank route that has been mentioned on other threads as although we had no guarantee it seems the bank could be still liable.

Did you have to pay for the valuation of the land  as well as us because if so they have had fees from both of us for this. I do have in my paperwork details of the account our money was paid into , so am thinking this might be the best route forward, perhaps we should see if it was paid into the same account and see if other people conned also paid money into this account

Like 0      
08 Apr 2011 9:34 AM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Have you written to MEP Marta Andreasen about this? (She is collecting evidence). marta.andreasen-office@europarl.europa.eu

Have you provided evidence to Keith and Suzanne's petitions?

The more that do so the better.

Like 0      
08 Apr 2011 9:43 AM by klowe Star rating. 26 posts Send private message

I have signed the petition but did not write to the MEP couldnt seem to find a relevant link .do you just send details on an email or is there somewhere to add details to , ?

Like 0      
16 Apr 2011 6:05 PM by kumamayo Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Sometime in the year 2003 I bought a plot from a Spanish developer
called Proturex Inv. Y. Gest. Inmb.S.L through his   agent called
Palmera Properties. I bought the plot for a deposit of £15,000. The
deal was done through the sales representative of Palmera Properties.
The sales representative explained to me that I could keep the plot for
two years and then Palmera Properties would help me to sell the plot at
profit. He also explained that I need not actually build anything on
the plot.  Unfortunately, Palmera Properties failed to sell the plot
during the period of two years. The next step was to build something on
the plot which was not my intention.  I wanted to set myself free from
the responsibility out of building anything on the plot. This could be
done legally. The contract makes the provision for this facility.  I
just have to allow the developer to deduct 50% of my deposit of
£15,000. I contacted the developer but he would not reply my letters. 
I then hired Miss Paloma to contact the developer on my behalf and
obtain my 50% of the deposit. Miss. Paloma failed to get any response
from the developer.  I then hired Another Lawyer  Before hiring her
services I asked her if the out come would be positive. Because I
simply could not pay her for the letter only.  A letter which produces
no positive out come. 

We British do not do any homework before we purchase  properties at abroad.  now I have lost £18.000  since year 2003. spanish lawyers are thieves. they have charged me £20000 fees but nothing has been done they are taking advantage of distance. now i do understand why people are doing crime. such as murder.

Like 0      
05 May 2011 10:50 PM by avf Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

I've followed this thread on and off for 7 years, having put a deposit down on a property in the Alpujarras. Done all the things everyone else has done, even meeting Gotardo with a view to switching property but as with most people, did not like the deal being offered. Tried the legal routes and used the lawyer favoured by Eye on Spain, Maria de Castro, to whom we paid 150 euros to do a bank gurantee search back in July last year. This lady who regularly posts on this website and advises that she can help to recover deposits and help through the legal Spanish minefields, has, like most of the Spanish legal system utterly failed to help and we have not heard a word from her since we paid her the money.

Like 0      
05 May 2011 11:16 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Dear AVF:

Who are you? I would like to see why is it that you are not receiving our news?

Best,

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
05 May 2011 11:26 PM by klowe Star rating. 26 posts Send private message

Are you all following the great work being done by Keith and have you signed the petitions, there is no other hope for any of us other than the great stuff being done by a few on our behalf., The legal system is a waste of time and  money . I will not go on because it has all been said countless times before..

Like 0      
26 May 2011 2:06 PM by kumamayo Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Hello . AVF  I would like to tell you that.  you've  join club I am affraid you are not the  only one who lost your fees they are lots of her clients.of  this lady she  took my fees too but she has not  done anything for the past 4 years. therefore we both are victimed. this is  all fake.

we trusted into a   legal system but its all fake in spain, so therefore I would like to advised everyone who read this post. please  do not trust in  spanish legal systems,,,  you will be stung,,  

Like 0      
26 May 2011 10:07 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

To provide some balance to this scenario, just thought I should suggest, please don't lose sight of the fact that good lawyers in Spain are battling against the intransigence of a justice system that lacks enforceable time constraints on procedures, which has resulted in INDEFINITE delays on final resolutions etc resulting in complete stalemate, and in all too many cases, a failure to uphold the law. What is worse is that those who we try to make accountable through this flawed system of justice, (the Banks, the developers etc), are abusing this situation to their advantage as they play the system of delays.

Those lawyers who do not take full payment upfront are equally compromised by this situation, as they too are dependent on final resolutions (or interim payment mandates from provisional enforcements etc) for their own return of fees. It is always necessary to comprehend the circumstances, and it would be unfair to pass all the blame without due consideration of the impact that failure of the justice system is having on good law firms and clients alike.

This is exactly why we are trying to stress to the legal profession that it is in no-one's interest to allow this debilitating situation to remain, and that great pressure must be brought to bear from all quarters on the Government, to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Keith and Ruth, through their petition evidence are endeavouring to bring this to their attention, but it requires that we all stand together to effect sufficient pressure (lawyers and clients alike) if we are ever to resolve this major problem of injustice in Spain.

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/stop-the-spanish-property-roadshow-open-letter-to-davi.html

http://www.bankguaranteesinspain.com/

This message was last edited by ads on 26/05/2011.

Like 0      
28 May 2011 2:21 PM by robson Star rating. 25 posts Send private message

this is a responce to the recent message from the lawyer who posted message,i am not a lawyer and have no great knowledge of the spanish legal system but have been involved with it for about 10 years through a court case against a developer and agent,which we won a civil claim against the agent like many others on the site,as far as i have heard through people on this site and others we  had to pay our fees upfront  and as soon as possible to get the case moving,a bit like the agents were when we purchased it!,as we won a civil claim all the the agent did was get rid of his assets  which apparently is  what most of them seem to be able to get away with,it seems to me your statements are no diffent from all the other institution in  spain,banks,agents builders developers and legal system everybody blaming everybody else, i am very bitter,i recently retired from work and the stress and the  money we have lost plus court case costs and 2 visits to spain with my family have taken its tol on us,just a last word to get of my chest as far as the civil claims go surely all the lawyers involved no what is going to happen with people getting rid of ther assets so there are no funds to pay people back but that does not stop them taking cases on when they no fulwell ther are other people who have won cases against companies and had no recompense so they hav,nt a cat in hells chance

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

HOW TO STOP CATS DOING THEIR BUSINESS IN YOUR GARDEN - 13 posts
Inland Minimarket for sale - 0 posts
Negative Equity & Repossesion - 0 posts
Endesa Price List - 0 posts
help with the car hire - 2 posts
Court Summons - Cedula de Citacion - 4 posts
Renfe website Trenhotel to Paris - 7 posts
San Roque golf club nr Sotogrande Spain - 0 posts
Francis Loves Spain - 0 posts
Any Vespa/scooter riders in Spain? help - 1 posts
marbella LFO - 9 posts
New terminal at Alicante airport - 15 posts
sky tv -freeview-los alcazares-one off payment? - 1 posts
Jeep cherokee for sale... - 1 posts
Trains from Madrid to London - 3 posts
Serious problem with escritura and land registry - 1 posts
Do we need an architect to get our LFO? - 15 posts
Medical help Spain - 2 posts
Pre paid Mastercard? - 11 posts
Thai China Calahonda - 3 posts
Long Term Airport Car parking - 2 posts
Spanish Taxes - 9 posts
Date Order of posts - 3 posts
Any plans for easter and suggestions? - 3 posts
Schools in Huercal Overa - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 60

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x