Halifax/Lloyds takeover

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Jan 2011 5:22 PM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

I have just spoken to them on the telephone and they advised that yes the system has crashed, it has been re-built and crashed agin and they are not expecting it to be working till tomorrow afternoon

I have had no problems when they were the Halifax but now it´s a shambles and I will be moving my account and savings ASAP

Like 0      
10 Jan 2011 5:44 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Yes I am afraid I would have done that as soon as I knew Lloyds would be involved.

I know from a few of my friends what a rubbish service they give.

Pat

Like 0      
10 Jan 2011 6:34 PM by Hallam Star rating in San Cayetano . 109 posts Send private message

Thanks for the info Roy, looks like we just have to sit it out for a few days.

I think you are right though, the best move is to move. (accounts that is, to another bank with a more reliable internet service!).

Dave

Like 0      
11 Jan 2011 12:09 PM by Hallam Star rating in San Cayetano . 109 posts Send private message

Looks like they have fixed the problem at last, as everything seems to be working  OK again now. (well at least for the moment anyway!)

Dave

Like 0      
18 Jan 2011 9:43 PM by Duesy Star rating in West Yorkshire and H.... 21 posts Send private message

Duesy´s avatar

as part of the Lloyds takeover of Halifax/Bank of Scotland they are moving all their IT systems onto the Lloyds systems. These will be the 'defender' applications that they are now starting to use in all the branches, cash machines, online and back offices in order to get the bank onto one common IT system.

Like 0      
19 Jan 2011 10:11 AM by spiritofspain Star rating in Riviera del Sol, Mij.... 114 posts Send private message

spiritofspain´s avatar

I despair of the Lloyds/Halifax 'Internet Banking' ... bit of a joke as virtually all you can do is view the transactions on your account.

I also use Cajamar Internet Banking and am inpressed

With this bank I can do almost any type of banking on-line. I can even send payments to any country in the world in any currency I like at the press of a button and very cheaply too.

Direct debits - no problem - I can set them up, view them, cancel them and even pause them for a while before reinstating. Can print copies of statements and even copies of any of the entries on the statement, credit or debit, at the press of a button.

And this On-Line system is free .... I know several banks that charge for a service that is no where near as complete as the Cajamar one.

They get my vote every time

Margery

www.losarqueros.iowners.net  and www.calahondapark.iowners.net

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

HELP FIND NATACHA - Disappeared in Marbella 1st Dec 7PM - 4 posts
Strike Action Over Xmas - 1 posts
Two years in Spain! - 4 posts
Qatar to host the 2022 World Cup - 7 posts
Russia to host 2018 World Cup - 2 posts
Expensive UK - 17 posts
Insurance for Bicycles - 2 posts
The end of the €425 unemployment benefit - 11 posts
certificado habitacion - 10 posts
GAS BOTTLE HEATING - 6 posts
selling spanish reg car in england - 1 posts
"The Building Log Book" versus "Libro de Edificio" - 0 posts
USING MONEYCORP - 12 posts
Vodafone Customer Service - 5 posts
Introducing aguilas389 - 1 posts
hi - 1 posts
Freesat Recorders - 4 posts
How do the the three kings arrive in your town / city? - 4 posts
tax office address - 2 posts
Golf Share in Guadalmina Golf - 4 posts
Pig on the roof - 2 posts
Bed & breakfast suggestions - Calais to Orihuela (Alicante) route - 8 posts
EEOs - 38 posts
Can anyone recomend a property management company who cover Puerto de Mazarron - 1 posts
Private Messages - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 26

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x