Where can I buy this Spanish product?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Aug 2010 12:00 AM by a-mac Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

Hi all!

I suffer from skin problems, and for a number of years have been buying and bringing back to the UK, a soap called Lida Jabón 100% Natural de Glicerina.  I get it from a small supermarket on the Costa Blanca but I've only found it in that store, but the manufacturers are a company in Barcelona, so surely they must have other stockists in Spain??!  Can I find any?  No! 

Around 3 years ago, and for that holiday only, there was a different version of that soap, containing aloe vera - Lida Jabón 100% Natural de Glicerina con Aloe Vera, and it was the 'best!'  I bought a stack of it to take home.  The following year and in subsequent years, it wasn't for sale in the supermarket or any other.  I need to find somewhere to get new supplies on my forthcoming trip!

Wanting to telephone and ask, but unfortunately not speaking Spanish (BUT noting their site has an English version), I contacted the manufacturers via their contact page, and in English.  No reply however - well why should they!

Does ANYONE know where I can buy this soap from one of the big Spanish supermarkets?  This year we're inland in Cordoba.  If there was a big supermarket chain that carries this brand and type, I'd be grateful to know.

BTW, I've tried Spanish eBay.  No joy!

Thanks, Ann

Like 0      
17 Aug 2010 12:42 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 688 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi a-mac - I googled this product and couldn't find a shop which supplied it, but you can buy it online from www.drolim.com.  They will only deliver to Spain but you might be able to get it delivered to your holiday address.

There are lots of entries on the google page, most saying how good the product is, and you can use the translate button there to read the listings.

Good luck!

Like 0      
17 Aug 2010 5:51 PM by a-mac Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

Hi Claire

Thanks for such a prompt reply.  I appreciate your research on my behalf.  I found the liquid version of the product on that site you suggested, but, unfortunately my Spanish isn't up to buying online.  I opened the Ts and Cs link, translated the contents in BabelFish and indeed you are right, they only ship to an address in Spain!  So the issue here would be getting the delivery time to coincide with a date within the window of our stay!

It would be easier if I could discuss and plan the whole process with their Customer Services, but without the language, I can't do that.

I'm also really wanting the tablet product rather than the liquid version.

I also found a lot of Google results, but unfortunately, most of them led back to the same drolim site.  I did find a cash and carry in Madrid that sells the aloe vera version of the soap, but they don't have a branch outside of Madrid.  I've also found some blogs featuring the product, but no links to a stockist.

Like 0      
17 Aug 2010 6:10 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 688 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi again a-mac - shopping in Spain can be real challenge!  It is the one thing I really miss about the UK (apart from my kids).  I long to walk through TKMaxx again and have started buying M&S online as I can never find what I want here at decent prices.  I also use Amazon for books and other stuff.

To digress a little - I have found a clever little app which finds the best prices for anything online.  You download it for free at www.myshoppinggenie.com/europa and then you search for what you are looking for as usual - with google, bing, etc.  That can give you hundreds of pages of results so you then press the genie button and it will find the best prices for you.  Really clever! 

However, hopefully with lots of people on EOS now scanning all the supermarket shelves for you, you will be inundated with suggestions of where to buy your soap!

Like 0      
18 Aug 2010 11:12 AM by a-mac Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

I hope so.  Thanks.

Like 0      
29 Aug 2010 8:56 PM by a-mac Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

Hi Claire - Further to your suggestion, I wrote to drolim on their website.  I have had great service from them  They have arranged to deliver my soap to the area I am staying in and on the date I have given them.  How good is that!  So thanks again for your help!

This message was last edited by a-mac on 29/08/2010.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Mosquitoes in Iznajar - 8 posts
Bath Repairs – Costa Blanca - 1 posts
Spanish Car for Sale - Valencia area - 0 posts
EMAUS CHILDREN´S HOME, ELCHE - 6 posts
Hi - 2 posts
full size snooker table - 0 posts
The Dead Building Trade in Spain - 7 posts
Instant Access Savings Account - 2 posts
Supermarket information - 1 posts
moveing to spain - 6 posts
Villajoyosa - 0 posts
gillie - 2 posts
San Fulgencio - 4 posts
Flight delayed? - 1 posts
A Chance to Dance Flamenco - 0 posts
And you thought the Guardia Civil Trafficos were bad.... - 1 posts
Suma - 2 posts
What a Wonderful World! - 5 posts
Route planner website - 3 posts
Helping in a bar - legal or not? - 2 posts
We must be mad… (Wallet-fattening exercise) - 4 posts
No keyholding fee property management - 0 posts
Furniture for sale - all brand new and still in wrappers - 0 posts
Good ambience and Classical guitar music wanted - 0 posts
GBP to EUR exchange rate - 13 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x