EMAUS CHILDREN´S HOME, ELCHE

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 Aug 2010 12:00 AM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

We´ve just become involved in this home. We´ve spent some practical time painting while the children are away on summer camp in  Altea. It´s opened our eyes to how fortunate we are and how unfortunate they are...

The age ranges I believe are currently from about 8 years old to 17. Boys and girls, some siblings and some with extended family who they occasionally visit. They don´t have very much of anything though and if anyone has good quality children´s clothing they´d like to donate, or toys, bicycles, etc. please email me.

The home is mostly funded by the government but it doesn´t buy the extras. We want to give them the extras that most kids have.

Most of the children are Spanish, so any DVD´s, music CD´s, books etc. should be Spanish and I stress, GOOD QUALITY, because that´s what they deserve.

If anyone´s got time to spare, they need some gardening done as well. They want to set up their own vegetable plot = they have a large empty greenhouse in the grounds = but we´re looking for people who are willing to give their time on an ongoing basis, not just a one-off thing because it work work otherwise.

They are linked to another home in Altea which also provides for babies and a battered wives refuge.

If anyone´s interested in learning more about this worthy cause, please let me know and I´ll try and tell you as much as I can.

Irene

Like 1      
17 Aug 2010 11:28 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Irene, great to hear you have gotten involved with the children's home and you are right, we are all so forunate.

There is an expat charity on CDS called L.I.V.E.  Check out what they do for the children's home in Malaga.  Maybe you can get some ideas from them too.

I hope you can drum up some more interest from others in your area.

Let us know how you get on.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
23 May 2014 9:00 PM by dnservices Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi Irene & Alan. I hope you can helpme. I am trying to find the address and CIF number for the Emaus Children's home in Elche. Do you happen to know this please. I wish to leave them a bequest but need these details in order to do so. I would appreciate it. I can't seem to get this information anywhere. Strange as I read so much about the place but not where it is.

Like 1      
24 May 2014 9:02 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
I will find this for you as my friend, Lorraine, does massive work for the home.

Like 0      
24 May 2014 9:31 AM by dnservices Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Thank you. Your help is much appreciated.

Regards

Nikki

Like 0      
24 May 2014 11:48 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Have given info privately, check your messages please.

Like 0      
12 Nov 2014 4:50 PM by Kate222 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi, I belong to a Church in Torrevieja called International Christian Assembly and each Christmas  we have an "Angel Tree" where present are bought by members of the church for children in need. We would like to do the presents  this year for the orphanage in Elche but I'm struggling to find any contact details. What we need are the ages and sexes of the children in there at the present time so that appropriate presents can be bought. Can you help me out with contact details please.

The "Angel" but comes in because we have pink and blue card Angels on which we put the sex and are and our members take one off our Christmas tree and buy a suitable present, wrap it up and bring it back and put under the tree for distribution.

Thanks

Kate Goodger 

Like 1      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Hi - 2 posts
full size snooker table - 0 posts
The Dead Building Trade in Spain - 7 posts
Instant Access Savings Account - 2 posts
Supermarket information - 1 posts
moveing to spain - 6 posts
Villajoyosa - 0 posts
gillie - 2 posts
San Fulgencio - 4 posts
Flight delayed? - 1 posts
A Chance to Dance Flamenco - 0 posts
And you thought the Guardia Civil Trafficos were bad.... - 1 posts
Suma - 2 posts
What a Wonderful World! - 5 posts
Route planner website - 3 posts
Helping in a bar - legal or not? - 2 posts
We must be mad… (Wallet-fattening exercise) - 4 posts
No keyholding fee property management - 0 posts
Furniture for sale - all brand new and still in wrappers - 0 posts
Good ambience and Classical guitar music wanted - 0 posts
GBP to EUR exchange rate - 13 posts
CAR HIRE UK - 0 posts
AR60NAL - 0 posts
Anyone looking for yacht crew? - 1 posts
Wanted - Smart car or similar - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x